(Closed) NYE Weddings: December 31, 2015

posted 5 years ago in December 2015
Post # 31
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2015 - Gibsons (Chicago - Gold Coast)

View original reply
chetaylo:  I haven’t seen higher pricing for venues, but the catering, linens, decor and coordinating/planning services I looked into all had a very significant holiday premium. We went with a restaurant, which is open that day and fully staffed, so they didn’t charge premiums on anything. A florist quotes me a $3,000 min for the holiday and some of the cake places had a holiday premium too ($1200 min + tax and delivery was one quote for a 3-4 tier serving 95-110 people – comes out to well over $15/slice!)… I’m doing downtown Chicago and things tend to be slightly higher anyway, but some of these quotes are crazy.

Post # 32
821 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

Woo we’re getting closer!  I’m also NYE in Chicago, and it’s been so much fun planning!

Our colors are cream, gold, and green (just be default of what my sister is wearing and what our centerpieces will look like).  Here is what we’re doing to add NYE touches:

-photo booth will have NYE props, like 2016 glasses and things that say happy new year

-favors will be mini champagne bottles

-customized napkins with the date on them

-balloon drop at midnight with a champagne toast and countdown.

I think that’s it for now.  How is planning going for everyone?  I have my first dress fitting next week.  Also people should show their dresses – I had a hard time finding a dress that was both “New Year’s Eve – worthy” but also made me feel like a bride!

Post # 33
77 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
chicagold:  the colors comment made me laugh! Mine are navy, gold and cream, by default of what we’re wearing. Me in gold dress, him in navy suit. I bought a gold silk Lanvin dress off the rack and just need minimal altering. I’ve been having dress hesitation every day because it’s way to cold to wear something so thin, but when I tried it on I loved it! I don’t have pics of me wearing it and haven’t seen it on any brides online. 

Still need – cake/cupcakes, finalize flowers, shoes, haven’t even started with hair or makeup ideas (have a feeling I might be winging it! My usual stylist has a baby due on Dec 24th). 

How are you doing with the Chicago “Times Square” celebration they are planning? My original preferred venue was less than 2 blocks from the center of the festivities! We ended up in Gold Coast so it’s a good mile away from the chaos.

Post # 34
155 posts
Blushing bee

How is everyone doing with wedding plans?  Two months to go!!

Post # 35
77 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
megc:  I had an “OMG I need a different dress” freak out moment on Friday, as I left the alterations place, and went to a sample shop to try on dresses that were “more bridal” than the gold one I bought months ago. Pretty much saw a dress that “fit the look” of NYE bridal that I thought I should have, until my BFF reminded why I went with gold and how many traditional gowns I tried before deciding to go non traditional. WOOOOSSAAAHHH

So we spent a weekend with friends and no wedding planning, other than talking about our minibook invitation which they had on display and random friends of theirs kept coming up and saying how cool they thought it was. I still have a lot to do, but I’m not too worried just yet.

How’s everyone else doing?? 

Post # 36
99 posts
Worker bee

I still have over a year to go, although almost everything is planned to the T. Only thing that we’re missing really is floral and table-scape. What is everyone doing for flowers and table set ups?

Post # 37
77 posts
Worker bee

SO here’s my check in —- I have an appointment this week to look at a potential VENUE CHANGE. (Yes, a mere 36 days before the weeding we are considering a change of venue). Its part of the same restaurant group as our original and is just across the street, so nothing too drastic, but they offered it up and its got way more space and could better accomodate what we were trying to force into a much smaller area. NO STRESS OVER HERE, RIGHT??? LOL!

Post # 38
12 posts
Newbee

I see im in good company! Getting married 12/31/2015. From Canada.

Totally get excited but super nervous at the same time! We are doing typical silver, gold & black for our colours. Oh and lots of sparkle/glitter!! 

Post # 39
4 posts
Wannabee

One week away, ladies! I am currently working on my menu cards and wondering if there is a nicer way to write “Shrimp Balls”…<–having Cantonese food at our wedding.

Post # 40
77 posts
Worker bee

Just started a new thread, but excited to hear how everyone’s big day went!!

The topic ‘NYE Weddings: December 31, 2015’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors