It apprears the closures are pretty local, however your guests should plan PLENTY of extra time to move about the city. I would guess traffic will be a bit of a mess.
Blessings to you for a wonderful day. Hang onto your veil it’s going to be windy, but hopefully dry.
The following is form cityofboston.gov traffic advisory
The Boston Transportation Department is advising drivers that temporary street closures and parking restrictions will be implemented in the Back Bay on Saturday, October 16, 2010, due to a Boston Police Department Special Event.
Boylston Street, from Massachusetts Avenue to Ring Road, and Dalton Street, from Belvidere Street to Boylston Street, will be closed to vehicular traffic from approximately 1:30 PM to 5 PM. In addition, temporary “Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Saturday” signs will be in effect at the following locations.
• Boylston Street, both sides, from Massachusetts Avenue to Ring Road
• Huntington Avenue, both sides, from Ring Road to Belvidere Street
• Belvidere Street, both sides, from Huntington Avenue to Dalton Street
• Dalton Street, both sides, from Belvidere Street to Boylston Street
• Cambria Street, both sides, from the Convention Center Garage to Boylston Street
• St. Cecilia Street, both sides, from Boylston Street to Scotia Street
• Hereford Street, both sides, from Boylston Street to Newbury Street
• Gloucester Street, both sides, from Boylston Street to Newbury Street
Taking the T rather than driving into Downtown Boston on Saturday morning and afternoon is encouraged.