(Closed) Oct 2011 Bees- Who has started looking into their ceremony?

posted 7 years ago in October 2011
Post # 3
489 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Well, my ceremony is in a Catholic Church and the priest is officiating, but we aren’t doing a full Catholic mass. We have met with the priest a few times, so I pretty much know what to expect from the ceremony. We just need to choose our readings, but I think we have an idea of the readings we would like to use. And we don’t write our own vows, we go along with the vows of the church, so that is one less thing for us to figure out!

As for decorations, I am keeping it minimal. The church isn’t large or really ornate, but it is pretty. I have decided that instead of bows at the end of pews, I am going to have the florist get bunches of purple heather and wrap with a dark red ribbon to match the colors of the wedding. My mom tells me that I will need to have a few other arrangements for the ceremony, but if that is the case, she can help me plan that.

Post # 4
1815 posts
Buzzing bee

Yeah, we’ve gotten it figured out mostly.

Our decor is just going to be mason jars with candles lining the aisle.

We know how everyone is walking in and out. And we’ve mapped out the ceremony highlights with the officiant. We’ll go over particulars when it gets closer but we did tell him that we want traditional vows, a prayer, etc. so he knows what we’re looking for.

Post # 5
3624 posts
Sugar bee

I have no idea. Our venue is pretty gorgeous already and small, so it doesn’t need much for decor.

It’s freakin’ me out a little!

Post # 6
449 posts
Helper bee

I started thinking of a ceremony already, but don’t have anything concrete. I really like hand ceremony wording, so I’d like to use that. I also would like us both to say a few words to each other and then repeat the traditional vows. I am hoping for the ceremony to be not more than 15-20 min, possibly less.

EDIT: As for decor, if it doesn’t rain, then the ceremony is going to be in a beautiful vineyard on top of a couple stone steps with a tiny little pond and a gorgeous forrest behind us – no need for decorations. I am thinking of having some silk orange rose petals on the ground to tie in with our reception colours, but that’s about it

Post # 7
565 posts
Busy bee

Yes my vision is complete except for the actual vows!

I am getting married outside in a park in a gazebo in the evening.

The gazebo is already adorned with planted flowers surrounding it , so the only thing I am doing with it is tulle and lights . Tulle will be done like this :

plus lights wrapped around each pole of the gazebo.

Also along the rails of I will line up glass jars with assortments of fall flowers :

My aisle is a cobblestone winding walkway and this will be lined with luminaries.

My processional for the wedding party is Marry me by Train. (how cliche I know, I can’t help it though!) My song will be the Wedding March played on piano, and our recessional will Probably be Why Wait by Rascal Flatts . As we walk down the aisle as a married couple people will use sparklers 😀 (pretty excited!!).

I am stuck between using the rose ceremony or god’s knot ceremony. I am not gutsy enough to try a unity candle out doors and am not in love with the sand ceremony for us.

Post # 10
3624 posts
Sugar bee

@tranquility: Our Ceremony will unfold the same as yours! Ceremony/flip/reception!

I also want something memorable. I have a package from our Marriage Commissioner, and she’s got great stuff. But I want to to also be personal. My Fiance is a great writer and could write his own vows beautifully, funny, happy, loving, teary, etc. But I am SO scared to write my own vows. I’m terrible at writing and what if it doesn’t flow? or isn’t as touching as I want it to be? On top of that, I’m super shy too. I know it’ll work out, but wow is it ever stressful!

Post # 11
4150 posts
Honey bee

oh dear…I haven’t even given it much thought.  Is that bad?!!!!  I think we’re going to go with traditional vows – non-religious, but I don’t think either of us is comfortable writing our own vows.  Fiance is so shy and I don’t want to make him any more uncomfortable. 

As for decor – I don’t think we’ll do much.  The ceremony and reception are at the same venue, but different rooms.  Perhaps some large mason jars with tealights up the aisle, but that’s it.  Oh and the chairs will have our apple green sashes on them, since they will be moving them to the reception room afterwards.

Post # 12
966 posts
Busy bee

Our ceremony is outside, in a garden, in front of a gazebo.  Fortunately the venue does beautiful landscaping so it doesn’t need much decoration.  I’m thinking of wrapping sashes around the outside aisle chairs and that’s pretty much it.  Right now we are looking for an Officiant.  We’re thinking traditional non-religious ceremony/vows with two readings.  I’m on the fence about music.  Whether to use a DJ or find live musicians.  Pretty much March and April will be dedicated to figuring out the ceremony.

Post # 13
1227 posts
Bumble bee

Wow, you’re done with everything but the ceremony already??? Yikes, do I feel behind now.

I have some ideas for our ceremony, but they are not solidified. I am currently looking for a reading for me to dedicate to Fiance. He already found one to dedicate to me. We also need to write our vows (we’re each writing our own, different ones – FI’s request), and choose some things we like for the exchange of the rings. I’m going to then pass all that info on to our officiant (my cousin), who I hope can sort of wordsmith it for us & fill in all the gaps.

Post # 14
883 posts
Busy bee

I have the ceremony mostly written, officiant recruited (friend), musician recruited (friend) and our location needs no decorations, so we are good to go. 

Post # 15
202 posts
Helper bee

I have thought of a few things we want to do, but I haven’t really given it enough attention. We have a friend officiating, so we really have free range over what to write. We want to do a ring warming ceremony and a wine-box ceremony. Plus we’re writing our own vows to each other (how I’m not going to cry during that part, I have no idea…every time my Fiance says lovey-type things to me I get weepy). I should get started on it, but I’m waiting until the summer to really attack that project.

Post # 16
1991 posts
Buzzing bee

@Anniebo: You could do the wine box ceremony. That’s what we’re doing.

I have ideas for what’s to be included in the ceremony, but nothing specific except for some music.

Although we’re getting married outside, we’ll still be having a wedding arch and peacock feathers and roses lining lining the chair aisles.

The topic ‘Oct 2011 Bees- Who has started looking into their ceremony?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors