(Closed) Oct 2011 Brides

posted 8 years ago in October 2011
Post # 3
7174 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Start looking for MUA’s – if you plan on getting one.  As an Oct 2010 bride, I thought I could wait on that til the spring… and I did… and they were ALL BOOKED.  I ended up finding a wonderful one via the hive, but it was a total nightmare and I would have had so many more options if I worked on this when I was in hyper planning mode pre-holidays!

Post # 7
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

There was a thread on this not too long ago, so don’t mind the copy and paste:

• our venue booked and partially paid for
  • meal choices selected
  • all bridal party asked
  • STD’s have already arrived (sending them out in January)
  • engagement pics done
  • photographer chosen (but not officially booked yet)
  • colors/theme chosen
  • centerpieces chosen
  • flowers chosen
  • DIY photo-booth plans have been started
  • I’ve already been on one dress shopping excursion
  • favors have been selected
  • Hair and Makeup booked (they’ll be coming to our hotel)
  • Officiant chosen but we need to find out if it will be legal. We want my cousin to get ordained to marry us but NYS likes to make everything difficult for their residents.

We’ve yet to find a DJ in our budget that’s not a total tool. Fiance and I met with one guy who told us that he PIRATES his music. Um, yea… that really makes us want to book with you, buddy!

Post # 8
181 posts
Blushing bee

I’m pretty far along, I think:

• Bridal Party
  • Venue
  • Caterer/menu
  • Photographer (doing engagement pics in the spring)
  • DJ
  • Photobooth (will be the favor)
  • Cupcakes
  • Invitations chosen (not ordering until timeline is final)
  • Hair and makeup
  • Shoes

Still have to:

• Dress – going shopping this weekend – Maggie trunkshow!!
  • Flowers finalized- I know what I want but need to get quote from florist or determine if I’m going to DIY
  • Bridesmaids dresses
  • Guys attire
  • Wedding Rings
  • Officiant/ceremony
  • Register

Post # 9
3166 posts
Sugar bee

Church – Booked

Reception Venue – Booked

Caterer – Kind of chosen? We’re planning on using FMIL’s Catering Co.

Florist – TBD

Cake – TBD

Photographer – Chosen, contract being finalized

Officiant – TBD – Priest may already be booked, but Church will provide someone else

DJ – TBD (I don’t really want one, but my mom does)

Dress – TBD (I’m afraid to pick one so early ’cause I know I’ll change my mind!)

STD & Invitations – TBD

MUA & Hair – TBD

… guess I have more work to do!

Post # 11
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I am a sept 2011 Bride and this post is making me nervous! I need to get on the ball!!

Post # 12
280 posts
Helper bee

I love making lists – although I already did this once on another thread – I will go ahead and do it again! 🙂

Done:  Date, Colors, Bridal Party, Photographer, DJ, Reception and Ceremony Venue booked, Food and Alcohol Packages chosen, Chairs rented for Ceremony, Florist Appointment Done – Centerpieces, Boutineers, and Bouquets Picked, Dress Bought, Accessories for Dress Bought (as of today with the help of my Bees!), Suits for Groomsmen chosen, Engagement Photos Taken, STD’s being printed, and Invitations bought ( $56 dollars for 125 invitations at Michaels with a 40% coupon)

Big To Do’s: Bridesmaid Dress (I am more picky about their dresses than my own!), Groomsmen Ties (Need bridesmaid dresses!), Honeymoon, Bridesmaid accessories (shoes and jewelry) and Bridal Party Gifts! 

I am also planning my own showers so I have plenty more to plan.

Post # 13
1253 posts
Bumble bee

I am getting married in a restaurant/lounge LOL. I wanted to have the ceremony and reception at the same place so thats what we’re going to do and its huge, it has two floors. There is no rental fee, considering we spend a certain amount on food and beverage. So I just have to look into someone to perform the ceremony, invitations, wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses. Centerpieces,photographer and music are done! altho i do feel like im missing something important

Post # 14
110 posts
Blushing bee

I’ve got a vague idea of what colors I want and I know who my bridesmaids/MOH are.  I have my wedding band because we bought it with my ERing.  I’m not to worried.  We’re in a smaller town so we don’t really have to worry about booking things this early.  We’ll start after the holidays when we’re less busy.

Post # 15
241 posts
Helper bee

I’m an October 15th, 2011 bride and here’s the list of what my fiancee and I have already done:

Venue: booked

Church and pastor: booked

Dress: purchased

Bridesmaids dresses: picked, not ordered yet

Photographer: booked

Transportation: booked

Flowers: booking next week

Cake: booking next week

DJ: booking next month

Save the dates: purchased, sending in February

Invitations: working on finding some

Tuxedos: need to do

Rings: need to do

Pick centerpieces/flowers/decorations: need to do

Make-up and hair: booking in next two months

Hope I’m up to schedule with everyone else!!

The topic ‘Oct 2011 Brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors