(Closed) Oct 2011 Brides…who’s already bought a dress?

posted 10 years ago in October 2011
Post # 17
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Hi Ladies,

I am so excited to have someone to obsess with about my wedding, I can not stop looking at wedding dresses, I have pick out some that I like, but not ready to buy just yet.

Post # 18
3 posts
Wannabee

I have my eye on a few dresses but I’m fairly certain my tastes will change by then and hopefully my size. I haven’t even thought about actually trying them on yet.

Post # 19
12 posts
Newbee

Yup! I bought my dress! REALLY EARLY! I got it in April and they said it won’t be coming in til November :S. Love it love it love it.

Post # 20
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I bought mine on craigslist, she paid $6,000 its amazing

I got it for a steal, I am a plus bride to be, but fit like it was

made for me, can’t wait til June 25th, 2011

Post # 21
15 posts
Newbee

I feel really, really, crazy admitting this, but I saw this thread and had to add to it. I got a dress, and I’m not even engaged yet. Ridiculous, right?

Last summer, I was getting a fitting for a bridesmaid’s dress, and I saw the shop had a rack of sample dresses they were no longer carrying at deep discounts. I tried one on for the hell of it, loved it, and bought it. It was a $4,000 dress marked down to $200. The dress does need to be cleaned, along with some serious alterations (its a big because its a sample), but there wasn’t any damage to it. I couldn’t pass it up. I knew it was a random opportunity that will probably never happen again. And if for some reason I change my mind between now and finally getting the ring, I’ll donate it to charity or give it to someone who needs a dress.

I’ve never told anyone about it (since I went to the fitting by myself), but its kind of a relief to admit I bought it.  

And no, my boyfriend has no idea there’s a wedding dress in my closet.

Post # 22
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

All of your dresses are gorgeous and some of your have gotten really great deals :). I’ve been a bit discouraged lately, as I am not only plus sized, I am also very tall (6’2″). I know there are some gown companies that add extra length, but oh how I would love to be budget friendly and buy a secondhand dress!

Post # 23
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Abbee, lace dresses are so beautiful…awesome choice 🙂

Post # 24
66 posts
Worker bee

I have my dress already, by accident.  I was walking past a shop that sells formal wear, not bridal gowns, and something caught my eye.  It is supposed to be a prom dress I imagine, but it is ivory lace. Exactly what I have always seen myself wearing. Antique-ish and natural. But a prom dress?  Really??  My Maid/Matron of Honor (who was a 3 dress bride…) says there could not be a dress in any bridal shop in the world that is more “me”.  And it was only $160!  So I got over feeling weird about it pretty quickly.  I’ll post pics soon.

Post # 25
28 posts
Newbee

I bought mine in March.  once I put it on, I couldn’t pass it up

[attachment=1100500,138045] [attachment=1100500,138046]

Post # 26
317 posts
Helper bee

Sweetness. I thought I was way too early, but couldn’t help it!

When I was first looking, I researched online and tried to find them at local boutiques but didn’t have much luck. I jotted down several of Maggie Sottero styles and went to a boutique. I inlcuded Leoni below but was on a heavy search for another of Maggies. A boutique I went to had both dresses, but Leoni stood out to me and I had to get it.

I ordered mine yesterday. Cool

[attachment=1205274,153157]

Post # 27
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@Red Bird: not crazy at all. I bought my dress before I got engaged! Here it is: PL162 by Platinum for Priscilla of Boston. Snapped it up at a sample sale for $500!

[attachment=1209942,153903] [attachment=1209942,153904]

Post # 28
4161 posts
Honey bee

@Rocketdog: Date twins!!! and I had to comment…I LOVE that dress!!! I’m going to have to try it on too, I’ve been really into 1 shoulder dresses, and that one is beautiful 🙂  Lucky you!!

Post # 29
317 posts
Helper bee

@Ryansgirl: Yea! You should try it! It looks gorgeous in person 😉 I’ve seen a lot of on strappers too…seem kinda popular now!

Post # 30
543 posts
Busy bee

Yay! I’m not the only one who is super early! Mine’s from a Justin Alexander 2010 collection and I didn’t want it to vanish before I could get it. It’ll be in my hands on Feb 14, 2011, and then off for fittings!

Pics are me and the model XD

Post # 31
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I had mine..but not from shopping early.  I just had the dress from a previous engagement that I kept.  Should I stick with the dress or sell it to get a new one? I was planning to sell it to buy a new one but dresses are expensive.  Everyone’s dresses are amazing..so envious of such great deals everyone got on their dresses. =)

The topic ‘Oct 2011 Brides…who’s already bought a dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors