(Closed) Oct 2011 Brides…who’s already bought a dress?

posted 10 years ago in October 2011
Post # 33
317 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@TTLT2012: I just had the dress from a previous engagement that I kept.  Should I stick with the dress or sell it to get a new one?

I would get a new one if it I was in this situation, with the obvious reason of ‘uniqueness for the both of you.’ I’m in looove with my dress but when I bought it I was thinking of dancing with my fiance in it. I tried to think of a situation where if I had bought the dress when I was with an ex-bf…would I want to wear it with my husband? Even if it was a gorgeous Lazaro dress, I’d even change it for a cheaper one if I was thinking of my fiance when buying it πŸ™‚

But that’s just me…

Post # 35
2 posts
Wannabee

@ktbrady:

I just bought mine this week!!! So excited! (I actually got 2… one long one tea length for dancing time).

Now, have to decide on bridesmaid… purple or orange?!?

[attachment=1357312,172538] [attachment=1357312,172539]

Post # 36
280 posts
Helper bee

Sure did!  Hope I dont gain any weight bc there is definitely no room in this dress!!

[attachment=1394047,177059]

Post # 37
12 posts
Newbee

I bought my dress October 31st and I am already having buyer’s remorse! πŸ™

I fell in love with the dress I bought back in August.  I was walking past a bridal shop and decided to stop in and before I knew it she had me trying on gowns. One of the dresses she pulled for me to try on was on that actually attracted me into the store and ifor the first time since trying on wedding dresses, i just felt beautiful. I brought 2 friends in on 2 separate occasions and just kept telling them “this is the dress!”  when my mother wsa finally able to come to visit, the shop was closed, so not to waste the trip we went to check out another bridal store adn i loved this tara keely dress, b/c it was something unexpected for me- it was a lot of poof and frills and young and fun.  my friends and mother have said they liked the one i bought better b/c it looked like me and my mother pointed out that the other dress was for  younger bride.  i guess these comments bother me. 

maybe i bought my dress too early??  i guess the fact that i bought the dress during a trunk show and got a great deal on it with a  free deal is what maybe be pounce on making the purchase.

here are the two dresses…the first is the simone carvalli (i chose to buy it in the ivory/candlelight color) that i bought a few days ago.

[attachment=1404635,178626] [attachment=1404635,178627]

Post # 38
140 posts
Blushing bee

I bought mine 2 weekends ago.  My Mom is in another state and we all ended up gathering in the town where FH and I will be married to mark being 1 yr out from the wedding.  Mom, Future Step-Mom-in-Law, and I decided to take the opportunity to at least visit a few shops to get ideas on what we liked/didn’t like.  Fortuntely for us, we ended up finding THE dress at the second shop!  The dress will be in around February.

Casa Blanca Bridal Fall 2006 collection

http://casablancabridal.com/collections/view/5/84

Post # 39
280 posts
Helper bee

@SweetieStef:

Which one is the one from the trunk sale and which one is the one you are now considering??

I LOVE mermaid dresses so I am all for the first one.  I am just OK with the second one.  Do you have any photos of yourself

Post # 40
12 posts
Newbee

@klb2748

It’s the first one…the mermaid one…though it is more modified a-line, the dress is pinned back for the photo…the dress isn’t in yet but will post pics when i have it πŸ™‚ thanks for your opinion! πŸ™‚

Post # 41
605 posts
Busy bee

I’m shopping this weekend!  First serious trip!  I’m nervous and excited all at once!  I love all your dresses so far πŸ™‚

Post # 42
108 posts
Blushing bee

i THOUGHT that i found my dress but didn’t want to order it yet b/c I was afraid it was too far away to put money down.  Well – i went and changed my mind.  I think I found “the one” again but think I am going to keep looking and plan on making a decision by January.

Post # 43
1991 posts
Buzzing bee

I’ll be ordering my dress in the next couple of days.

I basically decided to have my dress custom made and is a combination of Cosmobella 7413 and Maggie Sottero Savannah. I’ll be using the bodice of “Savannah” on the Cosmobella dress.

Post # 44
610 posts
Busy bee

I got mine this past weekend. It should be complete in March/April! Can’t wait!!!!

Post # 45
482 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I am an end of September 2011, the 23rd to be exact, but I wanted to play too!  If all goes well, I am getting my dress next weekend!!  I ordered the sample of the Maggie Sottero Anniston at a bridal salon in my hometown and it will be in, in my size and color preference, so if it fits and I’m in love, it’s mine!

Post # 46
1986 posts
Buzzing bee

I bought my dress today! I am worried about having regret, but I’ve promised myself to stop shopping, and I REALLY love my dress, so I think it’ll be ok. Here it is!

[attachment=1434388,181894]

The topic ‘Oct 2011 Brides…who’s already bought a dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors