(Closed) Oct 2011 Brides…who’s already bought a dress?

posted 10 years ago in October 2011
Post # 47
1986 posts
Buzzing bee

@SweetieStef: I love that first one! The second one is a bit “meh”.

Post # 48
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Hey guys!  I just bought mine last weekend!  

Post # 49
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@ToBeMrs2011: Try on DIFFERENT styles – not just what you think you’d like. I tried on something very different than what I thought, and ended up chosing it. Make sure you have helpful attendants, and weigh all options – movement, comfort, style, beading, lace etc….

As far as family goes, it depends on what your mother is like. I was fortunate, because my mother had the right amount of criticism about each dress without being cruel, and let me make my decisions in the end. ” How do you feel in it? I love it, but you said you didn’t want that type of train, right?…Do you like it that way, or would you like me to see if it can be changed?” etc… very helpful.

Most of all, this is your time to enjoy yourself and shine! Have a blast, and don’t be afraid to look until you feel like the special person you are. 😀

Post # 51
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@gingerbride: LOVE yours!

Post # 53
16 posts
Newbee

Thanks jmc0907!! 

Post # 54
929 posts
Busy bee

@gingerbride2011– your dress is LOVELY!!!

I bought mine last weekend!!! CHECK!!!  I don’t have a picture but will post after my first fitting this summer!!!  Happy Holidays month twins bees!!

Post # 55
605 posts
Busy bee

I should update that I bought mine.  Here’s a picture of the model!

[attachment=1509759,190795]

Post # 56
11 posts
Newbee

Yes!  I bought mine last Saturday Laughing

Watters Ariane

[attachment=1510116,190845]

Post # 58
11 posts
Newbee

Thank you!  It’s nice to hear because I was terrified that I made a quick decision because it was the first time I tried on dresses and it was only the 5th dress I tried on! 

Post # 59
27 posts
Newbee

In love with the Martina Liana 203…I like several Maggie Sottero dresses too…..but I’m not going shopping until January/Feb.

Post # 60
27 posts
Newbee

Question – someone said they ordered a sample. Can you order the dress as a sample to save money?

Post # 61
543 posts
Busy bee

@mrspears: By ordering a sample, it means the shop pays to have a borrowed dress shipped to them for you to try on. In my case, I paid $100 to bring in the borrowed sample, and if I purchased a dress from the shop, that money went straight into the dress price.

The sample has to be returned, however.

Conversely, sometimes the shops have sales where they try and unload all their samples for deeply discounted prices. 

Does that answer your question?

The topic ‘Oct 2011 Brides…who’s already bought a dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors