(Closed) Oct 2011 Brides…who’s already bought a dress?

posted 10 years ago in October 2011
Post # 62
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

So far all I’ve done is look online & drool over pretty dresses.

I’m trying to wait as long as absolutely possible before I actually trying dresses on because I’m currently losing weight at breakneck speed. So it’s pretty pointless to see what looks good on me at my current size (not to mention I’m far from “sample sized” and if I can avoid that humiliating experience I will at all costs!)

I’m thinking perhaps April/May to order a dress, or even later if I go with something like preownedweddingdresses. Also, my city does a fall bridal show in September & have a cash-and-carry gown sale and I’m currently toying with the idea of risking it all and waiting until then. Yes, I realize I am insane. It’s okay 🙂

Post # 63
27 posts
Newbee

@lilacwire:  Yes it sure does. Thanx.

Post # 64
7 posts
Newbee

I have not even started looking aside from some magazine pics.  I plan on trying some on in January.  It’s more difficult since my mom lives in a different state.  I’m kind of glad I’m waiting though so I don’t change my mind!!  We are getting married Oct. 8, 2011.

Post # 65
1253 posts
Bumble bee

I’m getting married October 9, we’re almost date twins @ToLoveBLoved!

I have looked at tons of dresses online, I really love Enzoani and Pronovias dresses. I’m going dress shopping in January and also to a Bridal Show! Can’t wait!

Post # 66
489 posts
Helper bee

I was waiting till after the holidays to start trying on dresses, so this weekend is my first appointment! So excited. I am trying to find a relatively inexpensive dress, but since I am not into a lot of bling or a big huge dress, I think I won’t necessarily have to shell out the big bucks.

Post # 67
3165 posts
Sugar bee

@calico61979: good luck on your dress hunt! be sure to try on different styles – sometimes what looks the best will surprise you! I haven’t chosen one yet, but i think i’m zeroing in!

Post # 68
489 posts
Helper bee

I have an idea of what I like, but I definitely am going to go in with an open mind. I have no idea what will look good on me! I now have two appointments this weekend. So excited!!!!!

Post # 69
109 posts
Blushing bee

I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago. Bought it from a shop that didn’t have a sample (after trying the dress on elsewhere) so no pics of me in it until my first fitting. EEK!

I hope this random bride doesn’t mind i show people pics of her from her blog, haha… I don’t like the runway shots of the dress. 

[attachment=1622806,201616]

Post # 70
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Miss Beaumont – I am in LOVE with that dress. Can you tell me the designer or where you purchased yours from?? I will send you a message as well. Thanks!

Post # 71
489 posts
Helper bee

@elliestan:

funny you should say that I should try on several styles. Today I went to the Alfred Angelo store and tried on a dress (#2124) that I never thought I would like, but my consultant picked it out for me and it was by far my favorite that I tried on. I am trying more on tomorrow, so who knows!

Post # 72
316 posts
Helper bee

I bought a dress in a style I said I never would “A-Line, Lace, & Beading” I don’t know why I even tried it on, I’m glad I did. I instantly felt like a bride, my mom was grinning madly from behind me and when I said “I Never thought I’d get a lace dress” she replied “Oh honey, I always knew you would” …. crazy fortune telling mother! 

Here’s the pic

Post # 73
762 posts
Busy bee

I am going shopping this weekend with my mom for the first time! I am sooooo  excited and soooooo nervous!

Post # 74
8 posts
Newbee

Bought my dress at only the third place we went to try on. Completely was not expecting to find it so soon, but fell in love. Jim Hjelm, but the sash will be champagne:

Post # 75
22 posts
Newbee

I actually ordered mine in November 🙂  I’m way OCD!  I kept thinking about this one after trying on about 20 more, so I went with my gut!  Should be in by May!

Post # 76
158 posts
Blushing bee

I love the total amount of variation in dress styles.  It’s cool to see how everyone’s fashion sense translates into a bridal gown.

This is mine.  It was the first dress I tried on.  I tried on 8 more dresses after, but none of them compared to this one.  I’ve even seen a few online, but nothing quite compairs to my dress.

The topic ‘Oct 2011 Brides…who’s already bought a dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors