(Closed) Oct 2011 – What are you working on right now?

posted 7 years ago in October 2011
Post # 3
3166 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

we’re meeting up to talk food, flowers, dj & alcohol this weekend and on 1 May we’ve got an appt with a baker that i’m excited about. the 1st one was pretty lackluster, so i’m hoping this one’s “the one”.

Post # 4
3624 posts
Sugar bee

Nothing! I’m in a rut…. still….

I need my invites ASAP, I need to book a block of hotel rooms for out of towners, I need to fill our registry… Cry

Post # 5
762 posts
Busy bee

I haven’t really worked on anything, LOL!. We had our “councelling” session with our Pastor last night and it went extremely well. We will begin the actually planning of the ceremony towards the end of July. Other than that, I  have to get started printing out my invitations. They are pocketfold style, so my goal was to do them in stages so I don’t wind up doing all of the printing last minute. I am waiting for our caterer to send me table cloth samples so I can coordinate things with the florist, and get everything finalized with him. As it gets closer to the wedding, we will head over to the hall with our caterer to get an idea of the layout and how we want to set up the room. Right now, I think the only thing we are trying to figure out is transportation as far as what kind of car we want to rent, and also figure out the attire for Fiance and his groomsment. Other than that, we are pretty much done everything else, it’s just a matter of taking care of the little things (FI’s wedding ring, attire, marriage liscense, cake topper, cake serving set,favors, etc).

Post # 7
157 posts
Blushing bee

I’m currently stressed out and accomplishing nothing productive… 🙁

Post # 8
374 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

We’re going to pick out the mens wear Friday evening and I’m patiently waiting for my craft supplies…. 

We still need to find a caligrapher but we’ve got enough time for that since invitations won’t go out for a few more months.

Post # 9
3941 posts
Honey bee

I just put my STD’s in the mail today.  My next project is finding an officiant and booking the honeymoon.

Post # 10
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I am finally hoping to finish the Save-The-Date Cards and get them in the mail by next Monday.  I’ve just started looking for Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, so I’m hoping to have those ordered by the end of May.  We have our tasting at our venue (they do the catering as well) in 3 weeks and I can’t wait!

Post # 11
1807 posts
Buzzing bee

I bought some gold chargers from a bee last week. Today I bought part of the bridesmaid gifts (earrings). Tomorrow I’m trying on my dress, it just came in!!! We figured out where we are going for our honeymoon, and we’ll be booking that this weekend. Also trying to figure out dates and guest lists for showers..Things are coming along 🙂

Post # 12
560 posts
Busy bee

We are meeting with the coordinator at our reception venue tomorrow evening, to discuss pricing, I’m about 1/4 done with our invites, and next week we are meeting with the florist!

Post # 13
966 posts
Busy bee

Currently, as in the next two weeks or so: Mailing in the deposit for the DJ (apparently Fiance still has not done this).  Finding an officiant who doesn’t cost an arm & a leg.  Ordering the final two bridesmaid dresses.  Meeting with the baker for a cake tasting.  Attempting to learn how to make pinwheels for some decor.   

Post # 14
365 posts
Helper bee

We have decided on a florist but need to book with them – same for the cake bakery.  We are waiting on our Save-The-Date Cards to arrive so we can send them out ASAP and our invites should get here today actually (they were on sale so we bought them really early) so I am REALLY excited to see how they turned out!  And we are supposed to be working on a day-of timeline but I feel a little weddinged-out after the last two weeks so we are taking a break instead ha ha!

Post # 15
178 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I AM WORKING ON BURLAP TABLE RUNNERS WITH A “T” PAINTED ON EACH END FOR OUR LAST NAME.  HERE IS A PICTURE I SAW THAT GAVE ME THE IDEA!

Post # 16
762 posts
Busy bee

@tranquility: LOL! I am totally slacking on it. I have the templates set up ready to go, it’s just finding the time to buckle down and do it. 

The topic ‘Oct 2011 – What are you working on right now?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors