(Closed) Oct 2011 – What are you working on right now?

posted 9 years ago in October 2011
Post # 17
762 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@.twist.: I know how you feel. I am definitely running out of steam. It’s funny, I had more fun planning my sister’s weddng than my own. I mean, it was fun and exciting in the beginning, but now I am so over it. I really need to change my attitude.

Post # 18
752 posts
Busy bee

Things that are complete:

Venue, rentals, decorations, church arrangements, STD’s, caterer, dress, seamstress, DOC, DJ, tux, flowers, make up, rehearsal dinner, registering, honeymoon, timeline

Things in progress:

invitations, bridal party gifts, port-o-potty rental, rings, transportation, combining finances, decide on cupcake flavors

Things to be started:

Officiant, Ceremony, rehearsal dinner invites, dog tuxedo, combining households (ACK!)

Post # 19
131 posts
Blushing bee

We just decided on invitations, so will be ordering those in the next couple weeks. 

Random Question.  If my wedding is October 29, I have to let my venue know 2 weeks prior our ‘final count’, how early do I need to send out my invites and request the RSVP cards to be back?  I know I’ll want to leave a little time in between to follow up on those we don’t get back.

Other than that we at a stand still until May 6th weekend.  We’ll be taking our engagement pictures, meeting with a cake person, minister, and trying on bridesmaid dresses (2 of the girls haven’t yet).

Living in one state and getting married in another…SUCKS!  I basicly have to cram wedding stuff in the entire time we go in to visit.

Post # 20
3941 posts
Honey bee

Holy crap, so many of you are doing invitations…

I thought I had another 3 months or so…

Post # 21
1253 posts
Bumble bee

Currently, I am in freakout mode. I have no bridesmaids dresses to speak of, my Maid/Matron of Honor made plans with me to go looking on saturday and then cancelled like 5 seconds ago. I have my dress, venue, baker, centerpieces, officiant, dj, ceremony music, half my invites are done, food is all chosen. Next weekend I’m going for my trial hair run and bringing some pics to the baker. I really want to find some bridesmaid dresses, and kind of disapointed that my Maid/Matron of Honor cancelled on me. I hate it when people cancel plans!

Post # 22
3621 posts
Sugar bee

@Waves2: I am in the same place! We had a long engagement, so I’ve had wedding on the brain for over a year already. Plus guest list stresses and poor bridesmaids, that I have gratiously offered to pay for their hair and half the cost of their dresses (which I’m now wondering why I did, I love the girls, but that was not in my original budget, I just felt bad that they’re all students without jobs!) and to top it off, I am SERIOUSLY questioning some of my day-of timeline decisions. I am so freaked out. So ready to throw in the towel and elope.

Post # 23
301 posts
Helper bee

@KateByDesign:  I think you’re fine.  I just started contacting people to figure out what invitations we want but am nowhere near printing.  I think everyone is just trying to get ahead of the game and start early so they’re not cramming DIY last minute.

Post # 24
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@KateByDesign: I was thinking the same thing! I’m not planning on sending my invitations out until the very beginning of August (and I’m getting married 3 weeks before you).

Post # 25
593 posts
Busy bee

We just did our first registry last weekend.  STD’s went out two weeks ago.  We just ordered invites this week!  Woohoo!  That was big!

This weekend:

-planning the Out of Town bags

-planning in between favors (for the 2 hour gap between ceremony/wedding)

-Keeping an eye on honeymoon prices

-Setting up florist appointments

-Setting up cake tasting

-Register at store 2 of 3

Feeling like I am making real progress!

Post # 26
762 posts
Busy bee

@Petunia123: My wedding date is 10/22/2011 and I am sending out my invites around the middle of the last week of July. My response date is September 15th. I think that this is enough time for the guests to respond (keep in mind we did send out Save The Dates) as well as enough time for me to call anyone who has not responded, and get a final head count to our caterer.

Post # 27
1684 posts
Bumble bee

Dress is bought, finally decided on silver v. orange bolero (silver), I met with a jewellery designer & am getting a necklace along with earrings&necklaces for each of my girls, got all my girls to agree on the shade for their bridesmaids dresses….Invites are designed, finally nailed down a quote for the stationary and printing, florist & linen cheques go out next Friday, I half-changed my mind about centerpieces (AGAIN) and decided to DIY them myself (florist quoted me 40$ per … no thanks!), our cake deposit has been made, OH. And I set a date for our engagement photos, May 14th!

May will have us paying the rest of our venue deposit, as well as making the first deposit for our florist, jewellery and invitations, and our bands….and I WILL get Fiance into a Moores/TipTop by the end of May, so help me god. 

Post # 28
762 posts
Busy bee

@.twist.: Well, as far as the timeline goes, just plan that day the best you can.  I am kinda worried about being rushed for pictures during the time gap between the ceremony and reception, and arriving late to cocktail hour. I’ve come to realize that there are going to be things that I can’t control, and I just have to mentally prepare myself for things to not go as smoothly as I had hoped/planned As long as everything else is taken care of, then i can’t let the unkown and what if’s stress me out.

Post # 29
915 posts
Busy bee

Tonight, we’re going to look at a banquet hall for the reception. It sounds rather promising so hopefully we found one we can book cuz we’re only about 6 months out from the reception.

We’re moving so we don’t plan on doing much else this week, but we might also finalize the guest list for the wedding shower soon if we have the time.

Post # 30
4160 posts
Honey bee

Fiance is going out of town this long weekend, so I’m looking forward to getting a lot done!! First of all I need to label, stamp and send out our Save-The-Date Cards.  I’m meeting with Future Mother-In-Law to discuss flowers – she’s going to be making the bouquets.  My sister (MOH) and I are going to Ikea to look at vases for the tables and perhaps do some mockup centerpieces.  We’re also meeting with our potential commissioner on Wednesday which I’m really looking forward to.  And I’m looking for a makeup artist too.  I think that’s it for now!!

Post # 31
93 posts
Worker bee

we have deposits down with DJ, florist, photographer, venue – had our menu tasting a week ago and are in the process of finalizing food. picked our bakery but haven’t sent the deposit yet. have our officiant (my uncle) but have NOT planned ceremony script at all – yikes!  we sent Save-The-Date Cards a while ago because its a destination wedding for about 95% of the guests and are in the middle of designing invites.  we booked our honeymoon last weekend – yay!  Fiance picked our the guy’s blazers last night so we need to get their sizes and have them order, and the BMs already have their dresses. I have my dress but she won’t be in for a while longer, and we need to buy FI’s suit. my current/next projects are I need to look at shuttles from the hotel to the wedding for guests and book those…we need to get our wedding bands…and we still haven’t registered – oops!

The topic ‘Oct 2011 – What are you working on right now?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors