(Closed) Oct 2012 brides- when are u ordering invites?

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
286 posts
Helper bee

@AJester2:  mine are done & i’m sending them out at the end of this month. giving them until july 31st to rsvp. that leaves time for people to call & say “oh i forgot” or something weird happens. that’s just what we’re doing though. i’d say ORDERING them would be right about now.

Post # 4
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’ve had mine for a very long time, found them on sale and bought them right away. I have to half DIY them but it won’t be for a while still.

Post # 5
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I’m planning on DIY-ing mine and printing them out through VP by mid-June. But, I know what you mean – all of my timelines say order between 5 and 6 months out. I’m assuming they suggest this because order times can take 2 weeks to 2 months. 

I’m going with mid-June because that gives me another month and a half to nail down the logistics of the day and make sure the 5:15 ceremony I’m planning is actually feasible for 5:15.

Post # 6
785 posts
Busy bee

We’re gonna be ordering them by the end of next month, but probably won’t send them out until the end of July/beginning of August. We do know which ones we’re getting though 🙂

Post # 7
43 posts
Newbee

I ordered mine last week!

Post # 8
270 posts
Helper bee

My photograpger is making ours. She has the design done now I just need to find paper and get to printing. I hope to have them totally finished by middle of June. Ours will be sent out the beginning of August.

Post # 9
9483 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I’ll be getting mine soon.  I will be mailing them out in July since no one is Out of Town.

Post # 10
1095 posts
Bumble bee

we’re ordering ours this week… but we also won’t send them out until late July/August… you don’t want to send them too much in advance or people will forget about it!!

Post # 11
516 posts
Busy bee

Ours were delivered last week. For me it was mainly because I had been thinking about what I wanted for much too long and wanted to cross them off the list lol. It really depends on how much work they’re going to require on your part and where you are ordering them from. If you have to do nothing but stuff them in envelopes, then you have time. If you’re DIYing all or part of them, I’d get going on them soon so you don’t have to rush. I’d at least decide on what you want pretty soon so you can check on their wait times and determine how much time you’re going to need to put them together. Ours are just going to require a little assembly, and I already bought a corner rounder and finished that in one day (our power was out and I was bored. haha.) We’re mailing ours out in early-mid August! Good luck 🙂

Post # 12
117 posts
Blushing bee

we haven’t even settled on a design yet! but since we don’t need to send them until august, i’m not too worried. so long as we know what we’re ordering and diy-ing by june, i think we’re okay.

Post # 13
2363 posts
Buzzing bee

We just picked out our invitations last weekend!  They will take 3 weeks to come in.  We’re planning to finalize the wording and place the order in May, address and stuff envelopes in June, and mail them out in July.

Post # 14
45 posts
Newbee

It seems that I’m really behind. I just sent out Save-the-Dates this week. My brother is desigining our invitations and it’s going to be a DIY (hopefully somewhere along these lines). I was planning on printing and assembling them in June so they would be ready to be mailed in mid-July. I’ll be asking for a RSVP by 9/8 (maybe earlier) for my 10/20 wedding.

Post # 15
338 posts
Helper bee

I’m doing my own Save-the-dates and invites. I haven’t designed either one of them!!! AGH NOW I’M STRESSED OUT! I was thinking of waiting until after my engagement photos in June to send the Save-The-Date Cards (sending them late June?). Then spending two weeks in July designing, creating, and stuffing the invites and send the invites late July. Is this okay?

Post # 16
396 posts
Helper bee

We are ordering ours in the next few weeks – we will be mailing them out late July early August! giving people until August 25th to RSVP.

The topic ‘Oct 2012 brides- when are u ordering invites?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors