(Closed) Oct 2012 brides- when are u ordering invites?

posted 8 years ago in October 2012
Post # 17
1902 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

We have half DIYed ours, but not going to be sending them out until July

Post # 18
9480 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

So, I said I’d be ordering them soon, but decided to order them last night.  I’m so excited about them.

ETA: I’m mailing mine out in July and giving people until September 5th to respond.  A week for a month from the wedding.  I figure that most of our guests are coming because it’s a small/intimate wedding.

Post # 19
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m trying to decide on which invitation to get.  I’m kind of stressed out about how much they cost =/.  I talked to one etsy shop and she said she could have them sent out by July 19th.  Which is fine and dandy but I got smart and went and weighed them.  $0.65 to mail the invitiation + I’d need a regular stamp for the rsvp.  And they were already on the pricey side.  I don’t need to get many — gonna order 50 so I’ll have some extras but the price worries me.  

Anyone else have this concern?

Post # 20
1577 posts
Bumble bee

DIYed my invites to our Destination Wedding.  I will be ordering the invites to our at home reception in about two weeks!   :0)

Post # 21
1237 posts
Bumble bee

We’re diy-ing ours. We ordered the pocketfold portion already, my stepdad has the envelopes and is doing calligraphy for us, and we’re picking up paper for the inserts next weekend. We’ll probably design and print the week after that and start assembling. Probably sending out sometime in the first half of August.

Post # 22
871 posts
Busy bee

I’ve got to email my lady the changed this week. They take 14 days to do and I’m thinking by June/July school holidays.

Post # 23
1038 posts
Bumble bee

I ordered mine a month ago and was excited that they came in less than a week after ordering them!  I still haven’t decided when to send them out though.  My wedding is in Florida and everyone(including myself) is traveling so I’m thinking early July?  I didn’t do save the dates but only because we have such a small guestlist(40 people..which includes plus ones).  I instead personally called everyone and told them our wedding date and have kept in touch with everyone when any new updates on the wedding website were up. 

Post # 24
1566 posts
Bumble bee

We are DIY’ing ours too.  Haven’t even started yet!  I have about 60 to make and probably won’t send them out until Aug (we don’t have any Out of Town guests).  I am going to try to get them done before the end of May..

Post # 25
212 posts
Helper bee

I made ours with the Wilton kit and they turned out fabulous. Not sending them out til August 

Post # 26
106 posts
Blushing bee

I’m ordering mine from Etsy tonight 🙂 Although we are having a destination and I pretty much already know who’s coming.

Post # 27
5667 posts
Bee Keeper

I ordered mine about a month ago. Basically as soon as I’d firmed up the entree choices with the venue.

Post # 28
232 posts
Helper bee

i ordered mine about two weeks ago from vistaprint. the should be here any day now. i got an amazing deal and i wasnt going to pass it up. but we wont be mailing them untill late july/early august

Post # 29
124 posts
Blushing bee

@AJester2:  Yeah, according to my knot timeline I should have ordered them 19 APR. But I can’t find any I like. BUT since my date isn’t til 20 OCT I have a couple days, There are some places that can turn them around in a couple days, but I guess it depends on your vendor. Then if you are getting things calligraphied add in a month or so.

Short answer: No. No invites and I am T-170 days out. 

Post # 30
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I ordered my invitations along with all my other paper things back in September.  They’ve been sitting on my dresser for months.  I had already started addressing the invites a couple months ago, but realized that was a bad idea due to a few breakups, moves, and a death.  Oops.  I’ll be mailing them out probably the end of this month with an RSVP by date of August 25th.   I ordered the invites from http://www.123print.com.  Super cheap! 

Post # 31
5072 posts
Bee Keeper

We’re ordering ours in the next week or so  

The topic ‘Oct 2012 brides- when are u ordering invites?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors