(Closed) Oct 2013 Brides- How Far Behind Are You?

posted 7 years ago in October 2013
Post # 17
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Beautiful Bluegrass:  Wow, you all are way ahead of me. Just got engaged last Saturday and would love a fall wedding on OCTOBER 12, 1 year from now. Found this WeddingBee site and I think it’s great tool. So far….all I’ve done is…

made a rough draft guest list,

picked out the bridal party but haven’t asked any of them yet,

looked online for locations and venue costs,

looked online and on pinterest for ideas…..and bought like 4 bridal magazines for dress and venue ideas

Started crafting some miniature decorative boxes to mail to my potential bridesmaids with notes/requests inside of them.

I’ve been on cloud 9 just a wee bit.  I think we are going to go check out one location this weekend and I’m pretty sure it will be the right spot. I’m thinking an outdoor garden wedding with huge trees, fountains, and strung lights….maybe some burlap and lace theme with mason jar lights. It will fit very well with the town we live in, where we went to college, where we met and fell in love and where we will probably never leave. =)

Post # 19
1257 posts
Bumble bee

We have:

– venue booked

-caterer booked

-photographer booked

-gown purchased

-cake place in mind

– the beginnings of our centerpieces and decor collected

-Invites purchased but not created yet

Post # 20
2350 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

been engaged 8 months and all i have done is:

~ given a deposit to the coordinator.

~ went for site visit

~ set a date

~ tried on a few dresses.

~ determined budget (that is too low and i know we will go way over).

~ determined venue but havent even put down deposit.

~ booked e-pic session for next week

~ started website design

HAVE NOT PICKED: colors, decor, time of day, food, invites/stds, theme, dress, accessories, guest list, photographer, officiant, music, cake, bouquet, or hair.

is it safe to panic yet?

Post # 22
2350 posts
Buzzing bee

i think it is available yes, my coordinator said she wouldnt book any later than late January, not that i will wait that long, but i think its a rather rare venue.  girl, i know the whole delimma of how many guests vs the venue size and rental time is killing me. i really am having trouble planning anything until i know my number of guests, then i can set budget, total rental time, then determine how elaborate to do decor etc. but since we r doing a destination, its impossible to get ppl to tell us either way. so then im scared to order stds and invites to match a theme or decor for that venue too, so im just in a vicious circle of stress over it.

Post # 23
2 posts
Wannabee

The venue is available the day we want it and I just scheduled an appointment for Monday to go over details, look over the location even though I’ve seen it before, and hopefully put down a deposit in the next couple weeks!! Yay! The garden area can hold 300 people but I’m thinking we are only going to have 150 at the most…so I don’t have to worry about max capacity constraints so that’s good. Venue only includes the location, tables, chairs, take-down/setup for ceremony and reception. SO I still have a lot to do as far as catering, photographer, DJ.. Oh well….first things first…right? Need to get this venue booked I guess….

Post # 25
2350 posts
Buzzing bee

@Beautiful Bluegrass:  ya well we have a small couple of families. even if everybody we plan to invite came, we would still have less than 50 guests (but i highly doubt we weill get even half of that to actually go). i dont know if i should just say screw it and book it for the max time for the day i want and go all out on decor and theme and std/invites however i want, no matter if 6 ppl come or 50, or what. im really just getting tired of thinking about it.

Post # 26
109 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

We haven’t done anything! 

We were planning on April ’14, but in the past week or so, decided to move it up to next October! 

We are pretty set on our venue, but definitely want to look at it (and a few others) first, and we won’t be in Texas until December, so we are just kind of at a stand still until then. I hope our dates don’t all fill up between now and then! 

We’ve also talked to a photographer we really like, but we can’t book her until we have our date! 

Look at all the exclamation points in this post!

Post # 27
914 posts
Busy bee

@LadyMonster:  I wanted to get married Oct 12 but most good venuesI looked at here taken on that date due to Columbus day weekend 🙁 So we pushed it back one

Post # 28
109 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@Nurse_Bee:  Yeeeah, we aren’t set on a date yet, so Oct 12 is just a placeholder. I think we are open to anything between the last weekend in September to the first weekend in November. 

Post # 29
2350 posts
Buzzing bee

help me baby jesus but i emailed my coordinator to start the process to book our venue. eeeeek! that means theres no turning back now! its virgin islands or cancel the whole wedding! lol. im bout to freak out. in a good way.

Post # 30
2178 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

we have our venue (also ceremony site) and photog booked………email went out today to get $$$ from the band. we are doing something a little strange w music bc we are both really into music so we might end up w 3-4.different musicians (string trio for ceremony, pianist for cocktail hr /dinner, dj for dancing, acoustic band for late night)

i have tried a few dresses on for styles but nothing serious yet…i have 2 appt w my mom.when i am home for tgiving (good.inspiration to eat healthy!)  and my sister will be my moh and pick.her own dress (w my ok)

as for.decor…we have our colors (plum w gold champagne and.raspberry) and some ideas (manzanita tree w crystals for centerpieces) but nothing set in stone

Post # 31
713 posts
Busy bee

We have virtually everything booked. Dress picked. All that’s left is picking out our cake, and getting him a good looking tux. Also buying invites, but I wont do that for months. We should take our engagement pics in December and we’re good to go!

Funny, today I received a phone call from my hair and makeup person and she left a message asking if I was excited for my wedding on Friday. I called her back and said, although I would love to get married on Friday, I’m getting married a year from Friday. LOL!

The topic ‘Oct 2013 Brides- How Far Behind Are You?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors