(Closed) Oct 2013 Brides- How Far Behind Are You?

posted 7 years ago in October 2013
Post # 47
4605 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I’ve called the venue and reserved it, but that’s it. 

Everything else is just written down somewhere. I feel like I have to get started soon, but I’m trying to finish out this semester of school and get through the holidays first. 

Post # 48
132 posts
Blushing bee

We have booked our reception venue and reached out to the officiant we want to use (ceremony is at same place as reception). We have a meeting with a photographer later this month, and I have started to purchase some decorations (fall decor is on clearance now, so I’m taking advantage of it!). Also started our website, and ordered save the dates (it’s a Friday in October, so we wanted to get them sent out well in advance)

we have asked part of our bridal party (we haven’t seen everyone in person yet to ask) and have a date set for a family get together/ meet each other/ engagement party. 

What else needs to be done this far in advance? 

Post # 49
2178 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

ok so band is done! ended up using the band that did my sisters wedding 2 yrs ago – they were awesome, everyone had so much fun and they were the right price… plus it felt a little bit like it was too good to be true – the only saturday they are free in 2013 is our date and they are actually playing a wedding there in a month or so which means they will know the venue and all the quirks (its a old mansion so its not your typical ballroom)

trying to finalize the videographer – he originall qouted me SO high but I was just like sorry dude thats nuts and he came back at just $200 over our budget so seems like a go… need to meet him and do contract (he did a friends wedding last yr so I do like his work a lot which at least is a relief…)

getting close to the dress appointments 11/23…. excited but also worried (bc i’m plus sized… ughh) I did a sneak david’s bridal appt and it wasn’t even half as bad as I expected so trying to be cool about it – in the end its going to be all perfectly tailored to me and look amazing so even if the try on isn’t exactly perfect it will work out

oh and most likely egagement pics on 11/24….. going to try to do them at this castle in New Husband which is exciting bc that was my original dream venue (a castle not this one in particular) just hoping the weather holds out for the next 2 weeks

Post # 50
911 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - The Down Town Club, Philadelphia

Y’all, I ordered our STD’s last night. This sh#t just got REAL. 

Tongue Out

Post # 51
945 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@Reeniero:  I just ordered my save the dates today!!

Post # 52
911 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - The Down Town Club, Philadelphia

@mstellah:  WOO HOO! It’s ALL HAPPENING!

Post # 53
945 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Oh, and I met with our jeweler yesterday to have my wedding band designed he told me I was way ahead of the game but I’m too excited to wait. 

Post # 54
2350 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Gettin a few things done now. Got save the dates, mailed those out. Think I’ve decided on a dress, waiting on e-pics to come back. Reserved the venue. Decided on colors and got some decor inspiration selected.

The topic ‘Oct 2013 Brides- How Far Behind Are You?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors