(Closed) Oct 2013 Brides–What color did you choose for your maids?!

posted 7 years ago in October 2013
Post # 107
621 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Mint/Tiffany Blue, where I live its still summer Weather.

Post # 108
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Bill Levkoff in Sangria.  I LOVE this color 🙂

Post # 109
1956 posts
Buzzing bee

Oh God I didn’t bother choosing according to what’s seasonal. I’m Aussie, and I don’t really tend to follow that kind of thing anyway. The girls picked out a pale blue for their dresses, and I love them!

Post # 110
487 posts
Helper bee

My lone actual bridesmaid is my sister and she’s in a black, one-shoulder dress with a really subtle snake print on the fabric (like, can’t see it unless you’re really up close or she’s standing in a certain light).  My dude of honor will be in a suit, not sure if I want him to rent a tux that semi-matches the groomsmen or do his own thing.  I guess I should probably figure that out soon, huh?

Post # 111
32 posts
Newbee

My wedding is formal/black tie. I told my 5 BMs to choose whatever dress and matching shoes they wanted as long as the dress is flowy, full length and not satin. Then I pinned several color palettes on Pinterest that ranged from beigey neutrals to pastels and even light browns and greys were fine. Honestly I just wasn’t interested in handling the logistics of planning shopping dates with them and fussing over matching this with that. Ain’t nobody got time fo dat!! (Well I don’t lol!) So I feel I gave my ladies a lot room to do what they wanted.

What ended up happening was each Bridesmaid or Best Man got either lavendar or pink by pure coincidence!

Laughing

Post # 112
242 posts
Helper bee

@HeyKaraok my girls are wearing a deep champagne Color. Davids Bridal ‘latte’. my dress is ivory over champagne and the guys are wearing chocolate brown, so it looks great together!

Post # 113
158 posts
Blushing bee

plum 🙂

Post # 114
468 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I chose light pink. I gave my bridesmaids freedom to choose what shade of light pink and style of dress. They all did a great job in choosing their dresses based on their body types. The long dress is going to be hemmed depending on how far along she is by wedding time. 

The topic ‘Oct 2013 Brides–What color did you choose for your maids?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors