(Closed) Oct 2013 brides…post your venue!!

posted 9 years ago in October 2013
Post # 18
2265 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

The room where ceremony & reception will take place:

The back yard/outdoor seating area at night (set up for someone else’s ceremony):

Post # 21
20 posts
Newbee

@IzzyBear:  Your venue is stunning as with the other US brides… I feel like we got jipped when it comes to choice ๐Ÿ™ Needless to say I got a nice place but I’ve seen some stunning US venues – so jealous!

Sorry but this is all I could find… 

Post # 24
1336 posts
Bumble bee

We’re doing a buyout of a bar/resto here in Brooklyn

Post # 25
558 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - The Down Town Club, Philadelphia

@nigerianpolack:  GORGEOUS VENUE! Where is it? I’m obsessed now.

Post # 26
74 posts
Worker bee

@Reeniero:  Thanks!  It’s the Hyatt Regency Cleveland at the Arcade.  It used to be an old shopping center that had not been really functional for a few decades, and the Hyatt bought it in the early 2000s and saved it from demolition.  It’s a historical landmark in Cleveland.

My father actually wanted this venue for sentimental reasons.  He told me that he remembers going there as a young boy and how his dad took him there for his first pair of glasses.

We are having both ceremony and reception here, and it’s becoming a very popular venue in my city.  I’m so excited!

Post # 27
273 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Oooh, I’ve been meaning to post to this thread! The Olde Pink House in Savannah, GA. Circa 1771:

Clockwise, from upper left – exterior, the purple room, the purple room again, ballroom.

I love this place for the character and it just happens to be the spot of our 1st ‘fancy’ date so the sentimental value is there — and the food + service are phenomenal!

Post # 28
155 posts
Blushing bee

@IzzyBear:  How fun! We’re date twins and I live in VB also! The old Cavalier is awesome! We’re getting married at the Zoo. ๐Ÿ™‚

The whole thing will be outdoors. I couldn’t find a picture of the reception space, but here is the ceremony space:

Post # 30
273 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@IzzyBear:  I know, right?! The story goes something like the main structure was initially made of red bricks, which was plastered over with white plaster in the 1700s. Overtime, every so often the red bricks would bleed through the plaster and turn the mansion pink, lol. For many years, they kept re-painting it white but eventually one female owner embraced the pink in the 1920s and it’s been that way ever since!

Post # 31
155 posts
Blushing bee

@IzzyBear:  I’m glad I checked it out. A little nervous since the whole thing will be taking place outdoors, but how many people can say they got married at the zoo, right? I’m going up there in a couple weeks, so I’ll have more pictures to share!

The topic ‘Oct 2013 brides…post your venue!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors