(Closed) Oct 2013 brides…post your venue!!

posted 9 years ago in October 2013
Post # 63
558 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - The Down Town Club, Philadelphia

ooh! I forogt about this thread! 

Here’s my venue, The Down Town Club in Philadelphia. Just had a renovation this winter. Finally got to see it in person last week. It’s gorgeous!

The entrance:

The Ballroom:

Post # 64
175 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Casa de España

My venue! Casa de España at Old San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post # 65
1094 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@thelawgoddess:  I LOVE your venue, those walls are so pretty!

Mine: Caffe Luna, NC

Post # 67
1094 posts
Bumble bee

@IzzyBear:  Thanks. It definitely is those things, it’ll be cozy and fit our small group of guests perfectly, plus the price was perfect. I’m glad you said those things, because as much as I LOVELOVELOVE our venue, I feel like it doesn’t hold a candle to these other gorgeous places.

Post # 68
153 posts
Blushing bee

Mystic Aquarium in Mystic, Connecticut 🙂

Our cocktail hour is being held in an interactive Titanic exhibition space within the aquarium designed by Dr. Rober Ballard. (He found the ship in ’85)

The tank in the center of the tables in the photo from above contains sand sharks and rays that guests may reach in and touch.  There is also a second touch pool nearby with crustations found in the Rhose Island Sound.

Behind the main tank is more sharks, rays, turtles and sea lion underwater viewing, which is where the food stations will be docked.  So excited!!

(Photos courtesy of Ocean Blue Catering and various photographers furnished in a Google Image search)

Post # 69
61 posts
Worker bee

Ceremony area ^

Venue Area v

Post # 70
1793 posts
Buzzing bee

Ceremony site

I love that it’s in front of the river, and it’s a stone ampitheater! I thought it was unique and beautiful 

Reception site

The reception pavilion is directly behind it. The big doors on the side can be opened or closed depending on the weather

Post # 72
1094 posts
Bumble bee

@DanielleElizabeth:  Are you actually getting married in front of the tank like in the picture? You’re far braver than I. Between potential splash damage and animals being animals, you have a lot of potential things to laugh about later! I LOVE the aquarium setting though!

View original reply
@Equine_Breeder:  Dude. Wow. Just wow. I LOVE your ceremony site. I hope you have amazing weather to match, that spot is ridiculously pretty!

Post # 73
1498 posts
Bumble bee

The photos were all taken about a month ago, so it’s still quite wet…weather looks like it’ll be lovely!

Post # 74
1793 posts
Buzzing bee

@MrsFutureG:  Thank you!! My bridesmaids all thought I was crazy for only looking at one venue but when they saw it they all could NOT STOP TALKING about how amazing it was. It was very pleasing to hear them eat those words 😉 Lets just hope the weather cooperates and we get to use it!!

Post # 75
153 posts
Blushing bee

@MrsFutureG:  Not worried at all, they do this all the time!  Beluga whales are extremely docile and not jumpers.  We’ve spent a lot of time with them (and got in the tank with them for our engagement pictures) and against the glass, you can sometimes feel a light mist when they blow to breathe, but never more than that 🙂

And if for some reason they act up and drench me, that’s totally okay with me.  They’re WHALES!  lmao 😀

Post # 76
1094 posts
Bumble bee

@DanielleElizabeth:  HAH! Great attitude! Did you see that gif recently with the bride getting pooped on? Or read about the owl (who was supposed to deliver the rings) flying into the rafters and falling asleep? It seems like people forget we’re not living in a Disney movie where animals are anthropomorphic!

Also? SO awesome that you got to swim with them for engagement pictures. Care to share something from that shot? I’m totally jealous!

The topic ‘Oct 2013 brides…post your venue!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors