(Closed) Oct. 23, 2010 Brides – 200 days left!

posted 8 years ago in October 2010
Post # 3
235 posts
Helper bee

Hi, I’m also getting married on October 23! 🙂 Next on my to do list is order invitations, choose and order our cake.. I pretty much have everything done except paying all my vendors, time to start saving some $$$!

Post # 4
745 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

AHH…I’m waiting for my invitations to be printed this week so I can begin the assembly line.  We need to figure out our music for the ceremony for the musician and go about tuxes.

I was ridiculously stressed out with the fact that Fiance thinks everything we need to do before the wedding can wait until last minute (despite the stupid amount of functions we have this year) but I’ve decided to take a step back and try to turn off my brain before I have a meltdown.

I’ve given my mom my to-do list and she can start hounding him!!

Post # 5
235 posts
Helper bee

I hear you, I had my first meltdown this past Saturday thanks to my Future Mother-In-Law. She was being very difficult when it came to us choosing the Rehearsal Dinner location so I finally threw in the towel and told her to just plan it after she said no to all of our choices. FMIL said in the beginning they would be paying for it but never once said she intended on planning it, since they are out of town and aren’t familiar with the area venues anyway.. When I emailed her back asking her what she didn’t like about the choices we gave her (because I was trying to get an idea of what she wanted so I could accomodate her) she replied with “I guess we’ll just have to have it at X or X.” Ahhhhh!!!!

Post # 6
113 posts
Blushing bee

speulie:  I had one with my Future Mother-In-Law for the same reasons.  She wants all the out of town guest to come thats fine by me but that is about 75 people.  Oh well that isn’t there budget so now she wants to do a lunch.  Thats fine by me it works into our timeline for that day.  Then she said oh well maybe because its a lunch the out of town guest dont need to come AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Really!

Post # 7
33 posts
Newbee

Yay for Oct 23rd!!! My fiance and I have been engaged for about a year, so suddenly with the 6-month mark hitting, I’m realizing it’s actually going to happen!!!!!

I’m behind on getting a florist picked and scheduled for our day… that’s priority #1 right now. Then DIY invites get started up! Anyone have any tips on good location to buy cheap cardstock/paper/envelopes???

Best wishes to all the 10/23 brides!!!

Post # 8
92 posts
Worker bee

Yikes, I feel very behind now!  I’m also an Oct 23 bride but i think i have an awful lot left to do.

I still need to finish and print my invitations, menus, placecards, maps; Book a DJ; figure out some drama with the one Bridesmaid or Best Man that hasn’t been fitted / ordered her dress yet and is holding everyone else up; book a charter bus to/from the reception; finish the wedding favors; put together the centrepieces; and confirm some details with the venue.

Oh my.  It seems to be worse than I thought! 5 months and 9 days to go.. Eeek.

(Did I mention we bought a house this week and we move into it in less than a month and a half? Double Eeek!)

Post # 9
300 posts
Helper bee

Late to this party but YAY for October 23 brides! We are in pretty good shape vendor-wise but need to figure out the logistics of our cake/pie buffet.  Otherwise, the DIY invites are coming along, the rehearsal dinner is booked and hotels are blocked.

I did have a MAJOR setback this week when I found out my gown I ordered back in November never actually got ordered. I was furious and cancelled my order with the first store. Then I bought the same exact gown through another store, and now have to start the waiting process all over. I’m feeling the time crunch for sure.

I second the good wishes for all 10-23-10 brides!!!

Post # 10
179 posts
Blushing bee

oh my Im way behind…currently in school and we’ve booked our venue and will do our tastint in a few weeks…we’re diy the reception music with itunes, so no worries on the DJ, but we still have our photographer, cake, and invites to nail down…It seems like there’s so much to do…Im sure Im missing a ton but its a small wedding  (60ish) so we’ve kind of held off a little…oh what fun!  157 days to go 🙂

Post # 11
9 posts
Newbee

yeah for 10/23/2010!!  we finally got the Save-The-Date Cards out and I’m working on the belly bands for our invites.  Fiance also feel that everything can be done later.  his answer to all my questions is – there’s still 5 month before the wedding.  i’m thinking… that’s it. 

I still need to work on Favors, invites, programs, and need to figure out cake, and the kids. 

one day at a time ladies!

The topic ‘Oct. 23, 2010 Brides – 200 days left!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors