(Closed) October 12, 2013 brides!

posted 5 years ago in October 2013
Post # 5
224 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

It seems like you’re further along than I am…But I have been finishing up my last semester of grad school, so I wasn’t trying very hard to get stuff done.

I still need to get my dress altered. But I have it! I still need to order shoes…

We just booked our florist, officiant, and caterer. We just have to finish signing contracts and putting down deposits.

I still need a cake. We haven’t done anything with that yet. We also haven’t done anything with the grooms attire.

We plan on using pumpkins as ceneterpieces, so that will have to be a last minute thing, but I haven’t started on any of my DIY decorations…i need to do that.

We have started gathering info for our invites though! I’m trying to figure out hotels now so we can book!

We still have to figure out rentals for linens, and transportation.

UGH. We still have A LOT to do! lol. Busy summer ahead!

Post # 7
1586 posts
Bumble bee

I’m sneaking into this thread…<shifty eyes>

I’m done! I need to assemble and mail the invitations, get my alterations done(September), make a day-of schedule and make a floor plan. Plus I need to buy a lot of the random things for decor, but everything else is figured out!

Anyone want help planning their weddings? Turns out I’m a pro. 😛

Post # 8
224 posts
Helper bee

@TwoStatesBride:  My goal was to get the big things booked before I graduated. So mission (mostly) accomplished! Now on the the DIY summer!

@MrsFutureG:  Holy cow! That’s awesome you’re done! I know I’m in for a stressful summer, but I’m kind of looking forward to it!

Post # 9
224 posts
Helper bee

@TwoStatesBride:  OH! And I looked at your bouquet! It looks so cool! I can’t wait to see it when it’s done!

Post # 11
753 posts
Busy bee

I’ve been working on quite a few diy projects and also am planning from out of the country!

I have my dress but have done nothing with fittings. 

Otherwise I’ve already sent out invites, which was all diy, including envelopes. 95% done with aisle decor, 98% done with my garter, I’ve designed door hangers, water bottle labels, oot books, kid’s activity books, menu cards, thank you tags, MR&MRS letters covered with scrapbook paper as well as CARDS for the cardbox. 

I still have a lot left to do though! We didn’t do engagment pictures being so far away from where our photographer is so we’re going to do a little photo shoot to use for the favors(Sprecher’s Soda with custom label). 

Then printing off everything and putting it together, along with oot bags, mason jars and ordering a bunch of stuff still!

I have a mock centerpiece done but still have to put the rest of them together.

Also have to do the backdrop for our ceremony(it’s going to be outside) and possible thing for the beginning of the aisle as well so I’m not completely visible. 

I’m getting so excited though 5 months and 8 days!

Post # 13
753 posts
Busy bee

@TwoStatesBride:  I was going to do our own bouquets but I was afraid I wasn’t going to have enough time. I might still get ambitious and do them, we’ll see. 

I’m not working right now so I have all the time in the world to do it. Althought I’m pretty sure even if I was working I’d still be doing it. It’s either I diy it or we don’t get to have it. There’s just some things that I wasn’t ready to give up! 

What kind of bouquet are you doing? 

Post # 15
286 posts
Helper bee

Jumping in even though I’m a week after you ladies.

I’ve hit an awkward lull, too! All the vendors are booked, dress is at alterations, invites have been ordered, and my dining room is slowly filling up with decor items (developing an unhealthy relationship with etsy AND ebay)!

Now it’s just details, and a lot of them can’t be started just yet (not ordering my chocolate cigar favors until AFTER the hot summer!)

It’s funny – now that I’m at the 6 month mark everyone is suddenly interested and asking how they can help. I’m like…uhh, not really? I’ve already chosen everything!

The good news, if I don’t like the idea it’s really easy to say “oh sorry, we’ve already taken care of that!”

Post # 16
28 posts
Newbee

bump!

The topic ‘October 12, 2013 brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors