(Closed) October 13, 2012

posted 7 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Ambo, I like the way you think…

When is your wedding date?

October 13, 2012!! It seems far away, but I know it will come up fast!

How old are you/FI?

He is 29, I’m 28

How did you meet?

We met through mutual friends too…my friend and his friend were dating, and they introduced us. Ironically, we had actually grown up about a block away from each other – just out of our ‘limits’ when we were younger. Crazy!

What do you/ Fiance do for a living?

He works for the federal government; I’m a registered nurse (shout-out Ambo!!) working with a travel agency right now – we recently moved, and I’m kind of exploring the area.

What is your theme?
What are your
colors?

We’re sticking with fall too. Our venues are historic, so I’m trying to do a kind of vintage/romantic feeling. Thinking the bridesmaids in a cappucino color, decor in browns, ivories. Flowers giving a pop of orange/yellow! Not using a ton of pumpkins/leaves, but will probably use a few for some decor. Lots of candles!

@Ambo – I got some craft pumpkins from Michaels and am going to carve them with our initials, or ‘i do’.

How did he propose?

We went for a walk along the river…the hiccup in the plan was that there apparently was a riverside jazz festival going on at the time, and there was a cover to get in! We went to the side and ended up jumping the fence and sneaking in!! Haha!! Had some great background music when I turned around and he was down on his knee 🙂 I still feel bad that my first response was …’really?!’…I’d just been waiting for so long, I couldn’t believe it was actually happening!!!

The topic ‘October 13, 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors