- 8 years ago
- Wedding: October 2012
I’ve got all the big stuff done, and am in the zone where it’s too early to get started on the small stuff (which is tough cause I am impatient!).
– venue & catering booked. Our menu is 75% finalized; there’s a few things we want to change from the original proposal, but the deposit is in and we have a pretty good idea of what the food will be.
– photographer, DJ, after-party karaoke MC, and officiant booked. I’m REALLY pleased with all of our vendors.
– dress ordered. Still have to finalize the exact fabrics (it is custom), but I’ve given a deposit to the seller and the dress style is picked.
– STD’s and thank-yous are printed. I’m working on designing the invitations, RSVP cards and directions inserts over the next week.
– bridesmaid dresses decided. They’re just wearing a knee-length black dress of their choice. It was such a relief to decide that–I had a bunch of more ‘decorative” ideas but at the end of the day I was happiest knowing they’ll all be able to find something they really love, not something I told them to wear that they’re either tolerating or secretly loathing.
– flowers & decor decided. I’m DIY’ing this stuff and I’m really happy with the ideas I’ve settled on… now just have to wait until it’s time to execute.
– my wedding band is done (we ordered it with my e-ring). I have some rings saved on etsy which I need to show to him to get his feedback.
Our next big things are going to be the honeymoon, and then just coordinating the whole hotel/guest shuttle/taxi service scenario.