(Closed) October 17, 2009

posted 9 years ago in October 2009
Post # 3
75 posts
Worker bee

What about bright orange, bright pink, and some greens and blues?  Ive seen tons of weddings with colors that pop and I just love them! 

Post # 4
538 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I’m going to be a Maid/Matron of Honor on October 17, 2009! The Bride is doing Chocolate Brown and gold accents. My fiance wanted to do burnt orange. I think it could work. Maybe with gold accents?

Post # 6
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Our wedding is also October 17, 2009! I’m in AZ so October is one of the few months where the weather isnt 100 degrees +.  I was thinking about doing a burnt orange color too (I found these Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses that I thought were beautiful: http://www.siriinc.com/br-5858.html) but my venue is sort of modern and crazy so now I am thinking I might do bordeaux and champagne. I also really like black magic roses/ those deep red almost black looking calalillies so not sure my colors will end up being either!  Suggestions welcome  🙂

Post # 8
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Our wedding was going to be 10/17, until I saw the prices skyrocket because it’s sweetest day. We chosee the following week! But- I’m from MI, and we have the same leaf changing atmosphere.

I chose Red, and Balck. I LOVe Blakc, but figured red would compliment the season, and the changing colors of the leaves better, then brown, or oarnge!

Or- my best friend is getting married a month before me. She chose Green and Brown- which look fabulous together as well!  

Post # 9
4 posts
Wannabee

I’m getting married October 24th in Toronto.  We have chosen as our colours navy blue, champagne and ivory.  At least I’m 90% sure… have been toying with using an eggplant colour instead of navy.  I think all of those go nicely with fall colours without being too in your face about it you know? 

Post # 10
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Daughter is getting married on this date and her colors are blue , white and brown with some red thrown in here and there.  Though currently she is set on wearing a yellow dress ( pale yellow with a white lace overdress.)

Post # 12
36 posts
Newbee

I had no idea it was Sweetest Day! That’s pretty cool, even though I’ve never celebrated it and we don’t even really do the Valentine’s Day thing!

Our colors are chocolate brown and apple green. Really, any shade of green since it’s my favorite color.

Here’s what I’ve gotten accomplished in planning:

-bridal gown in hand

-bridesmaids’ dresses chosen, ready to be ordered

-bakery items ordered

-photographer booked

-DJ booked

-ceremony location booked

-reception location booked

-caterers booked

-some reception decorations bought

I think that’s it. I’m going to make flowers, table runners, guest book and some other things, myself so I have those planned but not completed.

Post # 13
453 posts
Helper bee

I’m an October 17th bride too. I live in SW Georgia and it can be like our summers here (90+ and humid) in October, or it can be mild and cool (with zero humidity) I’m an encore bride, so my dress is a bit more informal-floor length, ivory (more candlelight than ivory in color) chiffon over satin. My bridesmaids (2 of them-matron of honor is my sister and then my best friend is my other bridesmaid) one is wearing navy and the other is wearing claret. My twins are ring bearer & flowergirl-looking at ivory satin for her and he is wearing khakis, a white dress shirt & bow tie w a navy jacket (they are 5 year old twins). The guys are wearing khaki pants, white shirts, and navy jackets with ties that are claret with small navy & a hint of gold paislies-which has coordinated everyone nicely. Our wedding is in the morning (10 am) followed by a brunch reception.

Post # 14
40 posts
Newbee

I too am getting married on 10/17/09. Since I live in Tennessee I thought it best not to do an orange wedding (the University of Tennessee’s colors are oranage and white) so I am going with royal purple, black and white. I am getting married in an old house so they all go really well with the decor.

kylydia, I feel so behind after reading your post. While we have made quite a few decitions all we have is our location and invitations so far. So much work to do.

Happy planning!

Post # 15
262 posts
Helper bee

Hey peeps!  I am planning for October 17th!  I am doing a small ceremony on teh Oregon coast, we are going to have about 28 people total so it is pretty mellow planning so far.  Mainly we’ll be planning for family dynamics and fun stuff like that! 

How’s everyone doing with their planning? 

The topic ‘October 17, 2009’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors