(Closed) October 2010 brides need bee love too!

posted 9 years ago in October 2010
Post # 3
635 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Yay for October 2010!

We’re a bit ahead of the game – we’ve got the venue, the dress, the photog, the DJ, & the officiant.  I haven’t been to the venue in over six months, and my fiance has never been, we’re doing a site visit this Friday, and I’m so excited!

Our colors are: Mint Green / Dark Purple with hints of black and ivory.  Totally not fall colors, right?  I let the fiance choose them.

Post # 5
635 posts
Busy bee

How FUNNY!  We had to have green in there somewhere, I’m green obsessed, and I love those shades together.  Don’t know about the tuxes yet.. probably black / grey – the girls are wearing black dresses of their own choosing and little black bird cage veils, with purple accents.. so the guys will probably be in black / grey suits, with purple accents (tie and vest).

Then the fiance and I will have the green accents.. I’m going to have a green sash, and he’ll have his tie and vest in the green.

What about you?  I think a burnt orange would look LOVELY with the purple, maybe with a third, lighter color as well?

Post # 6
538 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I’m October 2010! 🙂 We’re doing Navy and White for our color scheme, they are our favorite colors and our alma maters colors, where we met.

As for planning we have the ceremony and reception location, entertainment, photography and videography.

Post # 8
538 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I love the grey with purple Bridetobee2010! We are havign the guys in navy blazers and khaki pants, with girls in navy cocktail dresses.

Post # 11
53 posts
Worker bee

I’m an October 2010 bride!! I just ordered my dress on Saturday! We have the venue and the photographer but that is about it. As for colors, I think we are going with gold and blush pink. I can’t decide what colors the guys will wear though. We definitely want suits and no black. Any suggestions??

Post # 13
635 posts
Busy bee

Yes, I got a lot of it at the beginning of this year, when I was emailing potential vendors.  But you know – it’ll be worth it when I’m two months out, and all of the major pieces are done, and I don’t have to stress about it at all!

Post # 15
411 posts
Helper bee

Wow.  This thread makes me look like a slacker.  You ladies are so on the ball!  I thought I was doing well with having the venue booked for October 2010.  I have the colors down, does that count for something?  Black and white damask with apple green accents.  I went wedding cake tasting but they told me they won’t do black icing so I have to do some more tasting.  My biggest problem is that I’m having my wedding Cincinnati, OH but I live in Washington, DC.  My mom has volunteered/demanded to do a lot of the vendor meetings for me.  I hear the photographer is important to book fast so I need to get on that. 

The topic ‘October 2010 brides need bee love too!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors