(Closed) October 2010 brides need bee love too!

posted 11 years ago in October 2010
Post # 17
635 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

What kind of music are you having for the ceremony, bridetobe2010?

Post # 19
53 posts
Worker bee

That is a good idea bridetobee!! What do you think about navy suits?? The bridesmaids are going to wear goldish dresses with pink accents…..

Post # 20
18 posts
Newbee

Yay October 2010 brides! We have the venue, DJ and photographer/videographer booked so far. I’m going dress shopping for the first time next weekend but I’m going to take my time looking around before buying. Our colors are cranberry and yellow! (I like to call it cranberry lemonade 

It’s nice to have all this time to get things done but at the same time, I feel like time is moving so slowly and we have a LONG way to go! Does anyone else feel that way? 

Post # 22
635 posts
Busy bee

BrideToBee2010, that’s why we started so early too – we didn’t want to have to "settle" for any of our vendors, and took a lot of time with research to find fabulous vendors in our budget who were excited about our wedding and who we loved.  I contacted my officiant in early March, and she was already booked, and my heart sank – but it fell through, and we were able to book her.  That’s the only snafu we’ve run across so far (and our officiant search before that was just awful, so I was so glad she said yes!).

I also feel confident in having way too many DIY projects, because I have time to get them done… my best lady and I are already working on a invite design!

Post # 24
635 posts
Busy bee

Haha, yeah, I’m really lucky – my best lady is doing a graphic design program right now, and is trying to build her portfolio – so she’s doing a monogram / logo for us, helping with the invites, and doing some design work for my business – totally awesome!

What are you thinking of going for ceremony and reception decor?

Post # 27
53 posts
Worker bee

That is what I was thinking, BridetoBee. That seems like the best way to do it….add the next month the first of every month…..

Post # 29
1205 posts
Bumble bee

I’m a little late on this thread, but I’m a 10-10-10 bride.  🙂

We booked our venue back in March, and that’s all we’ve REALLY done so far.  I’ve been planning and researching EVERYTHING I can get my hands on and since it will mostly all be DIY, we’re ordering the supplies for the invites soon.  Luckily – our venue includes catering, cakes, DJ, ceremony and reception SO I get to do flowers and photographer…  fun. 

YAY for 10-2010

Post # 30
1392 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - Heron Hill Winery

I am working on selecting our venue still….We have found some promising locations, but aren’t ready to rush into choosing one…I want to make sure I don’t get myself in too deep with costs.  I have chosen my colors!! I am all about plum and sage.  I really want a vineyard wedding, but am trying to cut costs and may do a vineyard wedding ceremony with a reception at a separate location.  I was hoping to be a 10/10/10 bride too!! My Fiance is bad with dates and figured it would be much easier for him to remember this one.  I plan to DIY my butt off!! I am trying to keep things low budget and am hoping we can manage to make a plan soon so we can select our venue.

The topic ‘October 2010 brides need bee love too!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors