(Closed) October 2010 Brides

posted 8 years ago in October 2010
Post # 3
655 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

YAY OCTOBER BRIDES!!!

Well, we’ve been engaged over a year already so we got quite a bit accomplished early. We have our venue, I have my dresses (yes, I have 2- one gown, one reception dress:)~), photographer, DJ, videographer, a lot of the decor/table setting/centerpieces done.

We really only have to do flowers, order the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses and have the boys fitted for their tux– everything else is pretty much done! OH and have to meet with the pastor who is marrying us. We’re in great shape and it will be here before we know it! I think we’re sending out the Save-The-Date Cards this coming month!

When did you ladies order Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses or are planning on doing it?

Post # 4
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2010

We’ve got the venue (which includes catering), photographer, makeup and hair. Our save-the-dates should be in next week. I’ve got a lot of work to do. 8 months though is a decent amount of time.

Post # 5
69 posts
Worker bee

We also have been engaged since June so I have a lot booked! Church, venue, caterer, dj, photog, limo….I think thats about it.

I bought my dress and just found shoes last night. Picked hte Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, but the shop said they dont need to be ordered until April.

Now we are starting to focus on finding our florist and what we will want in that department as well as all our paper products.

I know we have ALOT done, but I feel that there is still SO much to do!!

Post # 6
7174 posts
Busy Beekeeper

We’ve got:

guest list

venue/caterer

ceremony/officiant

Photog

DJ

To do’s:

Misc. music

Invites

Florals/centerpieces/decor

DRESS, etc – eek!

Post # 7
191 posts
Blushing bee

Well, I’ve been engaged six days, but hey– we have a venue!

Other than that, I’ve just been doing research on everything else. We’ve made a lot of decisions on other things but have yet to enact them. We still have to ask the bridal party. Etc., etc.

I’m waaaaaay behind you ladies!

Post # 9
4123 posts
Honey bee

We’ve Got!

• church/officiant
  • reception venue
  • dj
  • cake
  • flowers
  • My dress
  • My shoes, veil, earrings
  • Oooh, first thing we got, PHOTOGRAPHER! haha
  • asked all the wedding party
  • groom started tux shopping
  • lighting, not in contract yet, but decided upon package
  • guest list
  • Cake Toppers
  • labels for wine in the Out of Town guest baskets
  • labels for water in the Out of Town guest baskets

I feel like there’s more… but… oh well. haha
We are currently designing STD’s

Post # 10
575 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010 - Kindred Oaks, Georgetown

I’ve been engaged since August and we’ve got a venue (ceremony and reception). I just booked a photograper this week. About to book the caterer. I’m completely outfitted (dress, shoes, jewelry, veil, etc). Bridesmaid dresses purchased. Save the Dates done. Flowers done.

We’ve just got to pick groomsmen/get tuxes, finish invites, decorations and book the DJ. Umm I think that’s it. Still a lot to go and 9 months to get it done.

Good luck ladies!

Post # 11
472 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010 - Ladder 15 Restaurant

hahahaha omg…

I have a dress.

aaaannnnddd…

That’s it.

We’re closing in on a wedding venue soon, and so when we have that, we’ll know our date so we can book everything else.  Since we’re looking at restaurants, when we book we’ll have catering/cake settled.  Don’t get me wrong…it’s not that I’ve been slacking.  We’ve been working so hard!  I think a lot of things are going to come together much faster after we have our date set.  We’re doing our own invites and flowers, so the venue will really determine the look and feel of both.

I know what the boys are wearing but we haven’t gone shopping yet.  I’m still looking for photogs, but have narrowed it down.  Haven’t even thought about a DJ yet.  Guest list…it’s going to be small and not a big problem. Bridesmaids won’t be too hard to outfit, I have them picked but not ordered yet.

Soooo…not a bunch to say about it right now, but it’s not from a lack of effort!  lol!

Post # 12
104 posts
Blushing bee

I have also been engaged for over a year now so I have a lot done already!  Things that are done:

-my dress (including viel and shoes)

-all the bouquets and bouts.

-church/officiant

-reception site

-photographer

-cake

-reception decor

-in the process of designing STD’s

Still needs to be done:

-BM dresses

-limo

-DJ

-tuxes

-finish designing invitations

The only thing I am concerned about is that my Maid/Matron of Honor lives in PA and is planning on being pregnant at my wedding, so if we order a dress in April, it might not fit in October, so I’m not sure what to do!

Post # 14
575 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010 - Kindred Oaks, Georgetown

when I marked things as done, they’re done, as in my possession. All other things are still pending even if i know exactly what i’m going to get.

Post # 15
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

OMG! I am soooo behind compared to all of you! I am still researching and deciding on what will work for us and our budget. I like this stage of being able to just relax and get everything together and then come up with a plan. I kinda work better under pressure anyway. 🙂

Post # 16
104 posts
Blushing bee

When I say done I mean that they are paid for and in my posession, just like @miss cake said!

The topic ‘October 2010 Brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors