(Closed) October 2010 Honeymoons

posted 9 years ago in October 2010
Post # 3
1194 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’m having a hard time finding a honeymoon location too!  We wanted to do the Greek Isles but it appears that it’s going to be cold in Oct. and ferries to the Isles will either be shut down or running on a very limited schedule.  Now we’re trying to come up with Plan B.  It’s not easy when you don’t want to do an all-inclusive place or somewhere in the Carribean or anything that is specifically a beach location.

Good luck finding somewhere!

Post # 4
4464 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

From TheKnot.com, here’s a list of places that have good weather in October:

Australia, Bali, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Central & South Africa, Egypt, Fiji, French Polynesia, Hawaii, Italy, Madagascar, Maldives, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Seychelles, Spain, USA

Post # 5
59 posts
Worker bee

great list!  we might do australia but the flights are LONG and expensive. europe is our other option.

Post # 6
393 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’m looking for a honeymoon spot in October as well 🙂 We are thinking of Curacao or Aruba. Though those islands are in the Caribbean, they are out of the hurricane belt and the chances of one hitting there are much less.

Post # 7
1194 posts
Bumble bee

I sent most of the list above to my Fiance and told him to decide.  I would looooove to do South Africa, but it’s just so expensive!

Post # 8
4 posts
Wannabee

My fiance and I are going to go on a tour of Italy for our honeymoon.

Post # 9
73 posts
Worker bee

We are going to Fiji! 

Post # 10
653 posts
Busy bee

I hadn’t even thought about hurricane season. I feel like I am so far behind in my planning. We were thinking Costa Rica or somewhere else in the Caribbean, I guess I need to start researching more.

Post # 11
40 posts
Newbee

We really want to go on a cruise, but seeing as it’s hurrican season in the fall, we’ve decided to postpone our real honeymoon until the spring of 2011. We both have to put so much money into this wedding, and take off so much time from work, that we really can’t afford a big honeymoon right away. We are going to take a three-four day break after the wedding and go somewhere more local, probably to Chicago.

Post # 12
713 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

we originally were thinking of hawaii but i have minimal time off next year so we had to nix that because I would def want to spend more than 10 days there with that travel time (which also took away europe or any pacific islands). We really just wanted someplace we could relax. I got nervous about a cruise or carribbean with hurricane season. We went to Riviera Maya last Jan and LOOOOOVED it so we considered just going to the same place or visiting another one of the resorts in that brand but we are ultimately going to go to Curacao. Hurricanes don’t affect Aruba, Bonaire, or Curacaou and Fiance has been to Aruba so we decided to do something different. I cant wait!!  Still have to book it though

Post # 13
84 posts
Worker bee

Our plan is Bali! It has always been our dream destination and part of the reason why we were so excited about an October wedding!

Post # 14
235 posts
Helper bee

You know, I think people get too scared about hurricane season…  I’ve traveled in the Caribbean only once that WASN’T during hurricane season, and that was when we had the most rain! (And now I’ve jinxed it and there will be a hurricane next October…)

Post # 15
405 posts
Helper bee

We’re doing a 2 week honeymoon in California. Flying into San Diego and spending about 3 days, then a 2 day drive up the Pacific Coast highway to San Fran for a few of days and then out to Wine Country (Napa/Sonoma) for a week. It’s the PERFECT time of year to go out there…and DEFINITELY no hurricanes! lol!

Post # 16
21 posts
Newbee

We are chancing it and going on a Caribbean cruise. My fiance has never been on a cruise and we didn’t know when we would get another chance.

Here’s hoping for the best 😀

The topic ‘October 2010 Honeymoons’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors