(Closed) October 2010 Honeymoons

posted 10 years ago in October 2010
Post # 32
4122 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Technically – we’ll be leaving on Nov. 1 for our honeymoon.. so we’re thinking Mexico with trip insurance 🙂

Post # 33
190 posts
Blushing bee

We’re considering a 12 day mediterranean cruise from barcelona to Turkey & Greece. Even if it’s colder, it will be amazing to see all the cities where it stops.

We’re sold on the idea, but now we just have to figure out if we can afford it.

Post # 34
50 posts
Worker bee

My honey and I are planning our official honeymoon for next spring, to give our bank accounts time to recover a bit.  That and I tried to entice family members to come to the wedding by trying to arrange a group cruise for the week following the wedding… so we’ll be using a week for that lol. It isn’t officially our honeymoon with family members around is it? Yuck >=P  
😉

Post # 35
294 posts
Helper bee

we’re going to australia for 17 days.   i cannot wait!!!

Post # 36
1317 posts
Bumble bee

We’re going to Fethiye, Turkey, at a resort off the Lycian Coast. According to their site, the average temperature around that area are:

Daytime  avg     81°F
Night time avg    60°F
Water avg          74°F

We’re leaving on Oct 12th and hoping it’ll be perfect. The views are stunning and the place is known for it’s food so all is good either way!

Laughing

This is where we’ll be staying: http://www.hillsidebeachclub.com/

Post # 37
9 posts
Newbee

I need some ideas too ladies!  Fiance was thinking Greece and Italy and I’m worried since we wouldn’t go be able to go until early Nov since the wedding is late oct.  Now is trying to figure out how to do both greece and italy. I have no idea where to start.  Fiance started to look at cruises but he says that they cram so much into a trip, we don’t even get to stay in one place for a full day…  ideas?

Post # 38
29 posts
Newbee

Napa, CA! We’re taking the California Zephyr (a historic train route) from Denver to SLC, spending 2 days there, then taking the train on to Oakland, CA. Then 2 days in Berkeley for shabbat (Jewish sabbath, Friday night through Saturday), and then spending 4 days in Napa before flying back to Denver from San Francisco. 10 days total, 2 days, 1 night total on the train, and 8 days and 9 nights in nice hotels booked using points and miles. We’re kinda on a budget and have only $2000 total to spend on food, entertainment and travel, and hotels aren’t a huge priority to us, so business/conference hotels it will be. We’re more into being where we are as a place, than sequestering ourselves in a resort.

Post # 39
2 posts
Wannabee

We are going to fly to Florida, and stay in the Orlando area for a week, and then rent a car and go to Port Canaveral, and leave on a 7night cruise going to Nassau, Bahamas, St. Maarten, and St Thomas. I cannot waitt!! we were going to wait to go on a honeymoon as well, becaue with all the planning it costs sooo much money! But then my parents were able to help us out and book our honeymoon and we would just pay them back! which was veryy nicee! soo we leave Oct 16th, which gives us some time to unwind after the wedding and relax a little bit.  I am taking just about the whole month of october off of work as well, from Oct8-31!

Post # 40
12 posts
Newbee

I really wanted to go to a tropical place but since we’ve wanted to go to Italy together since we started dating (9 yrs ago) we decided no better time than on our honeymoon.   4 days in Rome, then 4 days in romantic Venice.  The weather is supposed to be a lil chilly (60s) but we are planning to have lots of wine and being lost in our love stares so we think it will work out well.  LOL. 

Post # 41
289 posts
Helper bee

going on the oct 11 cruise 5 days  who else?

Post # 42
645 posts
Busy bee

Okay, I am no help because we plan on going to Kauai…but maybe something in Europe…check out apartment rentals in Paris, Spain, and London or maybe Cabo, Belize, or even Guadalajara.

Post # 43
1637 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

We are going on a 10 day cruise to the Caribbean starting Oct. 28th! We are both really excited as this is our first cruise ever and it’s our HONEYMOON! Kiss

The topic ‘October 2010 Honeymoons’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors