(Closed) October 2010 Save the Dates!

posted 9 years ago in October 2010
Post # 3
40 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2010

We may only be sending out Save-The-Date Cards to half of our guests.  My Fiance is French and he says nobody sends Save-The-Date Cards there.  I need to confirm that with a woman, I think!  For our American guests, I’m planning to send them out in January.  Almost everyone needs to travel and I’d like to give them plenty of time to reserve their flights. 

To answer your question, I think that the 4-month mark is probably the latest it’s appropriate to send them out, but the timing really depends on your situation.  If you have a small guest list and are hoping that most people will be able to come, I would send them out as early as possible.  If the opposite is true, you might want to skip them and just send out invites.  Good luck finalizing your guest list!!

Post # 4
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2010

I’m getting married in October also!  We are planning on sending ours out in Jan.  Early Jan.  We have about 80 percent of the guests coming from out of town and we are also dealing with his sister getting married three months before us!  Hers is in the summer though and have more flexiblity to request off than in October.

I think the lastest time to send them is around 4 months.  Just get the guest list finalized and then see.

Post # 5
412 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I think I’ll get started in January after the holidays.  I think the guest list will be almost final.  Those that we are on the fence about might just not get a Save the Date until we can confirm they are on the list.

Post # 7
18 posts
Newbee

We’re also sending out ours in early January–but our list will be finalized by then. With the exception of the plus one’s (which we’ll just make clear in the actual invite), we’ll send save the dates to everyone on our list.

Post # 8
298 posts
Helper bee

I have a confession to make — I’ve already sent ours. My excuse is that half our guests are literally on the other side of the world (Australia) so they need plenty of notice, because it’s not like they can just get a flight at the last minute and nip across for the weekend of the wedding!

Post # 9
1675 posts
Bumble bee

I’m going to send a bunch of ours out with our Christmas cards. The rest (to those to whom I wouldn’t normally send Christmas cards, i.e. my parents’ friends) will likely go out in January.

Post # 10
682 posts
Busy bee

I’m September, but am also thinking January. Probably mid- January after all the holiday dust settles. Don’t want them to get mixed up with Holiday cards and thrown away.

Post # 11
434 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

We are!!! We’re having a Destination Wedding next November, so we wanted to give our guests tons of time to arrange and book to come with us. We’re going to be sending them just before Christmas like @ hergreenapples, they’re going out with X-mas cards for those who we usually send them to! They just arrived via UPS yesterday but I wasn’t at home to recieve them (stupid work!) Hopefully I can pick them up tomorrow!

Post # 12
405 posts
Helper bee

We’ll be sending ours out at the first of the year. ALL of our guests will be coming from out of town (from a 3 hour drive to a 5 hour plane ride) as we’re getting married away from home up in the White Mountains of New Husband. We’re getting married during peak foliage season too…so rooms book up FAST. If people were to call any later than 6 months out they would have trouble finding vacancy anywhere.

We don’t have any worries with the guest list because we’re having a very small wedding…only about 80 guests or so. So we had our list finalized shortly after we were engaged. Our STD’s our ready to go…just waiting until Jan. 1! 😉

Post # 13
4123 posts
Honey bee

I wanted to do a christmas card / STD…. but at this point I’m just going to send them sometime in Dec/January. I’ll have a lot of Out of Town guests though.

Post # 14
405 posts
Helper bee

We were orginally going to send ours out between Thanksgiving and Christmas but I didn’t want them to get lost in the shuffle with all the holiday cards being sent this time of year.

Post # 15
635 posts
Busy bee

We’re planning to send them out in mid-January now… we’re moving in early January, so I think we’ll put them in the mail once we get settled in the new apartment.  We’re having an engagement party where about 50% of the wedding was invited, so most people are aware of the date and place and such.

Post # 16
1638 posts
Bumble bee

I’m mid October and we are going to send them out by the end of Jan. since my FI’s family is out of town, as are all of his guests.

The topic ‘October 2010 Save the Dates!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors