(Closed) October 2011 Bees- what is your timeline?

posted 10 years ago in October 2011
Post # 32
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

And since I last posted, now I have a dress and a DJ.  Still trying to find a photographer as our first 2 choices are already booked! (OH MY GOD seriously)

Post # 33
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

oye..i thought i was ahead out the planning gate..but we just booked the reception venue yesterday..nothing else. 

Post # 34
1285 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Hello All! I’m so happy I’m on pace with everyone else. I was starting to think we were falling behind. We have our date, venue, and bridal party. We are meeting with the pastor in 2 weeks and have started listening to bands and doing tastings for caterers. I’m really not feeling wedding dresses and @mshanre makes a great point that they will be on sale/clearance if I just wait a little.

Post # 35
405 posts
Helper bee

We have our venue, officiant, and photographer. Engagement pictures are in a couple of weeks. I also found my dress, but I’m waiting to buy it until my mom can visit. I DIY’ed save-the-dates but won’t send them for quite a while. I think I’m pretty on top of things! 

Post # 36
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hi everyone!  We just booked venue and set the date today – yayyyyyy!  So I am officially an Oct. 1, 2011 bride. =)  We have colors, bridal party, and sort of the general “theme” (for lack of a better term – it’s NOT a theme wedding, lol) but getting the venue set really made me feel like we were finally on track.  I plan to send Save-The-Date Cards in January because it’s basically a mini-destination wedding for about 80% of the guests (we live in NYC and are both approaching 30, so we have friends from home, college, grad school, NYC, plus family – everyone is scattered all over the country!) – so I thought earlier was better for Save-The-Date Cards.  I have gone dress shopping once and have a couple more appointments booked – and my mom and grandmother are coming up so we can (hopefully!) buy it in November.  My big concern is we are planning from a distance, so we aren’t going to be able to get back down to the wedding venue (in South Carolina) until after Christmas – is that WAY too late to book DJ/photog/etc???  I hesitate to make final decisions on any of those vendors without actually meeting them…

Post # 37
471 posts
Helper bee

Hi Twins 🙂 

I have my Venue (which is Ceremony, Reception, Caterer, Cake etc…) booked, and minister. I am hoping my STD’s will be out in either November or January (I don’t want them to go in December bc I’m afraid they will get lost in the holiday chaos) I am in the process of getting a photographer, and am going to start dress shopping this month. 

@Future Mrs. Archibald: I don’t think it’s way too late to book those things, I looked at all the things that needed to be booked and went through them to decide what was so important it had to be taken care of right away. I feel like there are TONS of Photographers and TONS DJ’s that there will be options still available. 

The topic ‘October 2011 Bees- what is your timeline?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors