(Closed) October 2011 brides- I had my first mini-meltdown :(

posted 7 years ago in October 2011
Post # 3
489 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I had a meltdown last week. I hadn’t been hearing from my DJ, which caused issues with Fiance, my sister who is my only attendant has been putting off getting her dress and keeps with excuses for not getting one, i have been worrying about finances and was just feeling like there wasn’t enough time to get everything done. It didn’t help that my stress was making my stomach upset and that I was also PMSing. I was on the phone with my mom crying. it was terrible. Since then, i have talked with the DJ, got my invititations sent out and got a lot more done with centerpieces. My mom told me today that my sister was going out today to look for a dress. And yes, I was letting my sister pick out a dress, even gave her two color options, so I thought I was being pretty nice about it, but it came back to bite me in the butt.

I go for awhile feeling good about everything and then all of a sudden, i feel overwhelmed and like I am way behind. I am so done with wedding stuff. I just want it to be over with. haha, wedding planning is not for me.

Post # 4
3947 posts
Honey bee

I feel the same way.  I definitly don’t have a free weekend until November and sometimes it’s depressing!!  I freak out over the smallest things and am constantly overhwhelmed.  I honestly can’t wait until this is over!!

Post # 5
7311 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

Yep, I have had 2 or 3 meltdowns in the last few weeks, and now the nightmares have ruined my ability to sleep. Between work and this wedding, I am a great big stressball that is in a constant state of semi-controlled chaos. Things won’t calm down until January for me, and then we plan to start house hunting again. I really HATE house hunting. I need a vacation. 🙁

Post # 6
916 posts
Busy bee

Yep, things are getting pretty crazy. Yesterday, I had a pretty big meltdown cuz there’s been a lack of communication on the planning for our wedding shower which stressed me out quite a bit. My Mom told me I was acting like a bridezilla.

Post # 7
4 posts
Wannabee

Yes – I had my 2nd meltdown recently. 

A bridesmaid dropped out and is trying to get all of the other’s to do so as well because I couldn’t pay for EVERYTHING for her to be in the wedding.  Plus she kept mentioning that my day wasn’t “Special” and wasn’t a “Big Deal”.  I have only asked them to pay 100 total – I am paying for everything else.  She wanted a “refund” on cost of hair and makeup and nails because she could “Get them done cheaper”. 

Also, we got our invitations back and they were a WRECK!  They had streaks all over them and were ripped and bent.

Also, had a mini-meltdown when we went to look at tux’s.  Like you – I want to loose 20 lbs before our wedding.  It all hit me that it is literally around the corner!!!

Post # 8
593 posts
Busy bee

Right there with you month twins!

I had my first real meltdown this weekend.  Snapped at Fiance.  We had discussed my taking a larger role in wedding planning, and obviously I am taking on more DIY projects than Fiance could ever comprehend but I finally snapped after feeling like all my efforts went un-noticed!

Might I also add that I am trying to Lose 15 lbs before Oct 1 – so the cranky-ness from dieting may have amped up my freak out.  My solution was to talk to him and he apologized.  Then I called my mom and politely asked for help.  She is going to take two of my DIY projects from me and get the ball rolling!

As for the dieting…ladies here are my tips:

1) The 17 Day Diet.  I have been doing it for 1 week and already lost 4lbs and feel SO GOOD!  Its not a crazy fad diet but the first 17 days cut carbs completely.  Days 1 and 2 were bad but its gotten much better!

2) Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred.  This video is amazing.  We are planning weddings and dont have hours to devote to the gym.  I do this 26 minute workout in my basement (where all my wedding stuff is) when I am done with the video I am so amp’ed up I got right over and start working on whatever needs attention.  Last week I set up and filled all of the Out of Town bags without even realizing what I was doing!

Hang in there ladies – its all worth it! 🙂

Post # 9
966 posts
Busy bee

Melt downs (big and small) are going to happen.  It is A-OK. 

I haven’t had one about the wedding, but about the bachelorette and bridal shower.  Both events are this weekend…bachelorette Friday night, shower Saturday afternoon.  A bridesmaid was in charge of the bachelorette…she asked what I wanted and I told her low key!  She planned an awesome bachelorette, but failed to communicate the low key event to all of the invitees (I was kept in the dark as it was a surprise). 

Instead of a low key dinner/night out she made it sound like a circus of activities until the sun comes up…sarcasm does NOT translate through email!  With the shower the following day, many of the guests were concerned.  Instead of asking the bridesmaid in charge of the bachelorette, they made me think it was a circus and I said no that’s not what I want.  So two ladies re-planned the bachelorette.  I only just learned about the severe mis-communication and wish someone would have had the common sense to open their mouth…instead of causing drama. 

So mini-melt down was caused by SEVERE mis-communication. 

Post # 10
3375 posts
Sugar bee

I’m the beginning of November, but I had a meltdown every day last week. It’s awful!!!

So much to do, so little time, so little help. yikes!

Post # 11
478 posts
Helper bee

@jboltz19: What’s the 17 day diet? Do tell!

I haven’t had a major meltdown yet and hopefully it stays that way! Fiance and I just got back from a mini-vacation so now it’s crunch time with two months left. Ack!

Post # 13
994 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

(((HUGS))) yes, I’ve been a ball of stress since we hit the 90-day mark. ARGH.

Post # 14
1093 posts
Bumble bee

It seems we all have had at least 2 or 3 and it’s perfectly normal. Personally I’ve had 2 recently. We all want our weddings to go as planned, to finish the projects we’ve started and to try to get a few lb’s off (not to much to ask for.. right?). It’s gets frustrating when it all seems to all be closing in on us.

One thing that helps is a supportive fiance and another, ask for help if you need it. It’s the little things I appreciate… like when my Bridesmaid or Best Man stuffed all the invites into the pockets or cut circles of fabric for the flower pomanders I’m making. It also helps to try to take breaks, do something non-wedding related. Go to the movies, dinner, bowling, the beach or even a long walk with your hunny.

Women have been getting married for thousands of years and I’m sure many have had mini and major meltdowns (haven’t you seen the Bridezilla TV show?). Yes, I want our wedding to be beautiful but there’s somethings I just can’t control. The most important things are 1, I show up, 2, he show’s up and 3, the officiant shows up… anything else is icing on the cake…no pun intended, ok maybe!!!!

Post # 15
1093 posts
Bumble bee

@KateByDesign: I hear ya!!! For as much as I’m looking forward to October 22nd, I’m most looking forward to October 23rd!!!!!

Post # 16
593 posts
Busy bee

@MrsKaySea: Oh the 17 Day Diet is my new BFF!  You can google it and get all the info but here’s the gist!

Cycle 1(17 Days): No starches.  Unlimited veggies(potatos and corn are excluded) and lean meat (boneless skinless chicken, ground turkey breast, salmon, etc).  Two servings of fruit (excluding bananas, watermelon and pineapple) each day, must be consumed prior to 2pm.  2 servings of probiotics (active live cottage cheese, 0% greek yogurt, low sugar yogurt, etc) each day.  Lotsa water and 3 cups of green tea!

Cycle 2 (17 Days): Day 1, eat like cycle one.  Day 2 eat like cycle one but add in two servings healthy starches (brown rice, oatmeal, couscus, etc).  Day 3, cycle one.  Day 4 eat like cycle one and add two servings healthy starches.

Cycle 3 (17 days) haven’t read this chapter yet but I understand you get even more flexibility and eat starches every day.

Its a little intense at first – but I like that the starch thing isn’t meant to be sustained – just a jump start.  Like I said, I started this diet at 149lbs – hoping to weight 135-140 on the big day.  I am already down 4lbs.  I’m really only expecting to lose another 5 between now and Oct 1 – but I’ll be thrilled with that!

Good luck – off to interval jog and do Jillians AB workout!

The topic ‘October 2011 brides- I had my first mini-meltdown :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors