(Closed) October 2011 Brides – Save the dates!

posted 10 years ago in October 2011
Post # 17
966 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

About 20% of guests will be out of towners.  We will send the Save the Dates out in March or April. 

Post # 18
140 posts
Blushing bee

All but a handful of guests will be coming in from out of town and will be traveling more than 3 hours to the destination.  We sent out our Save the Dates in early Dec in anticipation of lots of holiday engagements (of which there have been 3 or 4 and we still have New Year’s to get through).  We wanted to make sure we claimed our date (Oct 22).  We provided the link to our wedding website on our Save the Dates and the hotel info is on the website.  We will be providing the hote info with the actual invitations as well (planning to send those out late spring/early summer).

Post # 19
451 posts
Helper bee

I sent my STD this month Dec. I included our wedding web site on it so the guests can get all the additional info they need there.

Post # 20
3165 posts
Sugar bee

we’re taking e-pics in Feb, so (assuming they’re good) we’ll send them out once we get them back – so in March? I’m not sure what all to include though – maybe make a wedding website that has hotel blocking info listed? i have no idea on the percentage. that’s out of town… 75%?

Post # 21
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think we’ll have about 30% of our guests coming from out of town.  I would like to aim for sending out the Save-The-Date Cards sometime in April (wedding is Oct 8).  We’ll probably be taking e-pics in March, and I want those to be up on the website before the Save-The-Date Cards go out.  Also, I want to make sure we have hotel information and anything else the guests might need to know!

Post # 22
91 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@RingAroundtheRosie: we are just including our website, which will have all the hotel and travel info.  we did a postcard style so didn’t want to clutter it with too much other info…

we just ordered the Save-The-Date Cards last night – they should be here in about 2 weeks! =)

Post # 23
489 posts
Helper bee

As I am getting married in my hometown, we will have a lot of people coming in from out of town. I am planning to make my save the dates as well as my invitations and all other paper products. My mom and I are into card making/rubber stamping, so along with a friend, we will be doing all of that. Luckily, I don’t plan to have a huge wedding. Got to get started on the save the dates here soon…

Post # 24
645 posts
Busy bee

I have about 80% traveling in. Sending out the Save the Dates in April! (We’re going to use our engagement photos for them, and the shoot isnt’ until early March.)

Post # 25
929 posts
Busy bee

We sent ours out in early December- we are having a destination-ish wedding, and have been engaged already for over a year, so people kept asking us for them.  Plus our family is all over the country.  So, one thing off the list 🙂

Post # 26
645 posts
Busy bee

I also sent out an e-mail (informal, I know!) as soon as we set the date to the “MUST” list.

Post # 27
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

We will be sending them out the end of March…can’t wait to get them checked off the list!

Post # 28
186 posts
Blushing bee

We are getting married 10/29 and I put ours in the mail two weeks ago I think. I wanted to ensure that all of our out of town guests had plenty of time to make travel arrangements and request time off from work. Most of my fiance’s family outside his dad and siblings are from out of state. 

Post # 29
762 posts
Busy bee

I ordered my Save The Date magnets yesterday, and will send them out the last week of March. Can’t wait!

The topic ‘October 2011 Brides – Save the dates!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors