(Closed) October 2011 brides, What have you crossed off your list?

posted 7 years ago in October 2011
Post # 3
711 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

This is what I have accomplished: dress, veil, shoes (done and at my house!), venue, photographer. Almost locked down on caterer and DJ.

My step mom is designing our Save-The-Date Cards, and I imagine we will send them out in February, maybe?

We have been engaged since Dec 1, 2009…so we’ve gotten a lot done, IMHO!

Post # 5
711 posts
Busy bee

We don’t have that many Out of Town guests. I guess we might send them out in January…I haven’t thought too, too much about it, honestly!

Also, about registering, I have NO IDEA when we are gonna do that, mostly bc I don’t know what to register for! We have lived together for awhile and are both 30, we have a lot of stuff, so I don’t know. Maybe a honeymoon registry…but we also haven’t decided where we are going (or, if we can afford to go anywhere!).

Post # 6
606 posts
Busy bee

Hi October 2011 bees!  Less than a year to go!  So exciting πŸ™‚

We have booked our venue (which includes our catering and cake), our ceremony site, and our photographer.  FI is hoping to have the band picked out in the next two weeks (we thought we had someone, but they fell through) and I’m dress shopping this weekend!  

I’ve picked up a few jars for a candy buffet, and Future Mother-In-Law has been helping me sort through stamps, embossers and papers for our invitations.  I don’t think we’ll be sending out our Save-The-Date Cards until April though…and 90% of our guests will be Out of Town…do you think this is too late?

We got engaged at the end of March πŸ™‚

Post # 7
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@jillieb: I’m a 10/7/11 bee!! So far we have:

• our venue booked and partially paid for
  • meal choices selected
  • all bridal party asked
  • STD’s have already arrived (sending them out in January)
  • engagement pics done
  • photographer chosen (but not officially booked yet)
  • colors/theme chosen
  • centerpieces chosen
  • flowers chosen
  • DIY photo-booth plans have been started (my Future Father-In-Law is building us a photo-booth that will rival ANY rented one) 
  • I’ve already been on one dress shopping excursion
  • favors have been selected
  • Officiant chosen but we need to find out if it will be legal. We want my cousin to get ordained to marry us but NYS likes to make everything difficult for their residents.

We’re waiting until Spring to register since I dont want everything we choose to be discontinued. I’m going to a wedding show this weekend so I’m hoping to find a decent DJ there. 

Update: We’ve been engaged since June 11, 2010.

Post # 9
445 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m not an October bride, but I’m close so I thought I’d chime in!

We have our venue, caterer, photographer, florist, colors/theme/design, photo booth, week of coordinator, officiant, website, part of the registry (honeymoon) is done…

Next of the list is dress shopping (next week), booking hair and makeup (by December), booking our dessert (mmm..gelato..soonish, I’m hungry), DJ (by Dec./Jan.), Save the Dates (to send January), hotel block booked (by Jan),enagement session (we’re not using it on the Save-The-Date Cards, so March-ish for our guestbook), guestbook done in (April),  transport (April or earlier), tuxes (April), rings (May), then the Invites and other details to follow. I bet I forgot about 20 things, but that’s the off-the-top-of-my-head list!

Post # 11
181 posts
Blushing bee

We have a lot done!

-Venue

-Caterer

-Photographer

-DJ

-Makeup/Hair

-Photobooth

And I have my invitations picked out.  We are not sending STD’s.  I am going dress shopping in 2 weeks!

Post # 12
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@jillieb: Lol, thats the plan!

Post # 14
280 posts
Helper bee

Love this post because i LOVE making wedding lists! AND I am a big time planner.

We have: 

Date – Oct 15th

Invitation list including addresses

Bridesmaid/groomsmen/flowergirls/ring bearers chosen

Colors

Wedding Dress – AND paid for.. phew.

Bridesmaid Dress

Flowers – Only bouquets and boutineers

Centerpieces – I have chosen the idea, now need to purchase supplies!

Ceremony Venue – AND paid for! πŸ™‚

Reception Venue – AND paid for!

Menu and liquor package chosen

Chairs Rented – 250 bucks for 200 chairs? ugh.

Rooms blocked off at hotel – after much persuasion since they do not take reservations for October until February.

DJ – AND paid for! – P.S. I also already have my excel sheet with all of my songs chosen.

Photographer and videographer- and partially paid for.

Up Lighting – through the DJ

Cake – After trying out about 10 different bakeries ( gotta love free cake testing!)

Website

Officiate – My cousin

and Hair Appointments for all the girls and I.

E-Pics on Sunday

Sending the Save-The-Date Cards in March and Registering in July!  What I need to do is book the honeymoon but my Fiance is out of work right now so it is hard to say if he will have vacation next year around now. πŸ™

I have so much done because October is the most popular month to get married in my area — It has overtaken June…so I needed to get the vendors booked – I was actually turned down by a DJ company and a florist because they had too many weddings on that date!!

Post # 15
280 posts
Helper bee

My post kind of sounded like I was bragging – hope nobody takes it that way – I am just super super excited and am a big time TYPE A person.

Post # 16
1815 posts
Buzzing bee

So far we have:

our venue

our photographer

my dress

engagement pictures done

bridal party picked, and colors/theme picked

guest list

wedding website made

hotel blocks made

collecting decorations

STD picked out

and table numbers..

I’m doing a centerpeice mock-up this weekend, and am currently starting to research catering πŸ™‚ It seems like we’ve done a lot, but I feel like we have so much left to do! We’re trying to get all of the easy DIY things done now.

oh and edited to add: We got engaged July 4th, 2010 πŸ™‚

The topic ‘October 2011 brides, What have you crossed off your list?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors