(Closed) October 2011 brides, when are you registering?

posted 8 years ago in October 2011
Post # 3
101 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

OK so I actually started a Crate & Barrel registry months ago, because I got a little overly excited.  And the thing is most of the stuff you register for now, will be out of stock by the time your guests start purchasing gifts.  So I asked an employee at the store and she told me July of ’11 would be perfect because that’s when they would start putting out the stuff for fall.  So I think it depends where you register and how often they change out their stock.  Good luck!

Post # 4
317 posts
Helper bee

Probably have it done by March and send the Save the Dates around April. I’m slow so I’ll probably start in January 😀

Post # 5
610 posts
Busy bee

I’m thinking March or April at the earliest.  We’re sending out save the dates Dec/Jan.

Post # 6
753 posts
Busy bee

Oh divergirl, we are date twins 🙂

We already started registering because we have had so many people asking where we’re registered already! I don’t know why this early but we figured that it doesn’t really matter so we just started registering.

We are sending our save the dates out in December.

Post # 7
1815 posts
Buzzing bee

We’re sending our STD’s in early April…so we’ll probably be registering late February/early March!

Post # 8
606 posts
Busy bee

We started our registry – because I had a few people ask me about it for engagement gifts!  We did it about 2 weeks ago, but it’s definitely not complete yet!

Post # 9
2 posts
Wannabee

Hi CaiteMarae-

Have you thought about just doing your registry online- like http://www.giftregistry360.com ? That way you can just leisurely add stuff as you browse and link it up to a store registry, if you want to wait to do that later. People that want to buy early can… and slackers can buy things last minute! I think it is a really neat tool. Happy wish-listing 🙂

Post # 10
4150 posts
Honey bee

Haven’t thought about it!! When is a normal time to do this?  About 6 months before the wedding?

Post # 11
57 posts
Worker bee

I think we’re going to register after the first of the year.  I already signed up at Williams Sonoma during a bridal show, but we’re also going to register for most of our stuff at Bed, Bath & Beyond…originally it was going to be Target but I have heard a TON of negative comments about their return/exchange policies.  

Post # 12
316 posts
Helper bee

I think we’re going to wait till we  send out the Save the Dates (April), we’re doing a honeyfund!

Post # 13
281 posts
Helper bee

We sent out our Save-The-Date Cards in Christmas cards this year. We’re going to set up our registry in January and invitations out in May. I know it’s super early, but I’m a keener.

Post # 14
140 posts
Blushing bee

I started toying around with registries to get ideas.  Then, one of FH’s good friends got married and they used Alternative Gift Registry.  The site lets you pull together anything and everything you would you want.  You can link to other registries or even just a website if you don’t want to go and create an actual registry. It also lets you include handmade goods that can’t be storebought since you don’t have to add a link.

http://www.alternativegiftregistry.org/index.php

We don’t have much on our registry right now, but we’re just going to keep building it as we approach the date.  We’ve also added to our registry the I Do Foundation which allows you to request donations to charities of your choosing instead of a gift.  I was able to find all of the local and national charities that are important to me.

Post # 15
489 posts
Helper bee

I think we are going to start with the registry in February. Still trying to get a few things done up before that. The question now is where to register. I know we are definitely going to register at Target, but not sure where else.

Post # 16
489 posts
Helper bee

Actually, we are going to start registering tonight. Fiance wanted to register at Great Indoors and we are also going to hit Target tonight. Two stores in one night might be too ambitious, though.

The topic ‘October 2011 brides, when are you registering?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors