(Closed) October 2011 brides, when are you registering?

posted 9 years ago in October 2011
Post # 17
966 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

We just registered.  I know the stores will change over their seasonal stuff around July, so we’ll probably add or take some things away around that time.  But the bulk of it is finished.  One less thing we have to worry about now. 

Post # 18
274 posts
Helper bee

I got my registering done this weekend!!!  It’s so nice to be able to check things off of the list.

I wanted to get the registries done so I can add direct links to the registries to my webpage before i send the save the dates out this week.

Post # 19
1909 posts
Buzzing bee

We registered today, yay! It was tiring, but we powered through. We wanted our registries to be fairly complete before we send the Save-The-Date Cards…I’m finishing up the process of semi-DIYing our Save-The-Date Cards and will put them in the mail at the end of this month.

Post # 20
762 posts
Busy bee

We’ll probably start registering next month.

Post # 21
316 posts
Helper bee

I just started registering, we finally decided where we want to go on our honeymoon, so I’ve done the initial stuff for the honeymoon registry. I also started a small Target registry so we can get some stuff for the honeymoon and a few odds and ends the house needs.

Post # 22
316 posts
Helper bee

I just started registering, we finally decided where we want to go on our honeymoon, so I’ve done the initial stuff for the honeymoon registry. I also started a small Target registry so we can get some stuff for the honeymoon and a few odds and ends the house needs.

Post # 23
131 posts
Blushing bee

We registered about 2 weeks ago and are going to be setting up a honeymoon registery this month as well.

Post # 24
489 posts
Helper bee

@bonsai_spork:which honeymoon registry did you use? just curious, because I might want to do up one too. there are so many to choose from!

Post # 26
109 posts
Blushing bee

@UpstateCait: Wow, registering more than 12 months out! Super early. They are going to have to do some serious maitenence when stores make their inventory changes. I registered for a few items 2 months ago at Macy’s and a few things have already been discontinued.

Post # 27
735 posts
Busy bee

We’ve already registered. I know that it’s way too early, but I can’t help looking at them almost daily to see if anything has been purchased. LOL

Post # 28
915 posts
Busy bee

Haha, I began registering for gifts like the day after I got engaged (which was on Valentine’s Day). I don’t think it’s too early and I know I’ve already changed my mind quite a few times on things so I just make sure to check it often. There was already a few gifts that were out of stock that I had to delete.

We have a lot of friends who are from out of state and this way they can have a lot of notice. We already received 1 gift from our Amazon registry which surprised me quite a bit (champagne toasting glasses).

We also have a honeymoon registry set up from honeyfund.com.

Post # 29
593 posts
Busy bee

I started registering as soon as I got engaged.  Waited all my life to!  But we had an engagement party in November.  Obviously, things might change, but I review my registry regularly and update it.  

Just a word of caution for Macy’s girls.  I fell in love with and received some of my casual dishes for our engagement.  They have since apparently been discontinued and it’s been months on back order.  Macy’s still shows this item as available but on order, but it doesn’t seem like they’ll ever come.  The whole set, which I adore, will now probably have to go back.

Post # 30
3621 posts
Sugar bee

We’ll hopefully be registering this weekend. I have been following a checklist, and it suggests registring about now for October weddings. Not that NOW is set in stone, I just like having guidelines, keeps me sane.

Post # 31
758 posts
Busy bee

We registered last month! We have guests from out of the country and they were getting pushy about where we were registering so we just went and did it.

The topic ‘October 2011 brides, when are you registering?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors