(Closed) October 2011 brides – When r you sending out invites?

posted 10 years ago in October 2011
Post # 13
186 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Mine are going out by the end of Aug. to have back by Oct 1 so that I have 2 weeks to track down people before I need my count for Oct. 29th. Coming up crazy fast. 4 months and 4 days to go ! 

Post # 14
1681 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@sbharkness83: haha AWESOME. We made it the middle of the month because it’s easier to remember. And yes, stragglers! I’d like to have my final head count (and for budgeting purposes) to the caterer by the end of September so everythings ready to go and I can focus on other things the weeks before the day  🙂

Post # 15
364 posts
Helper bee

We are sending ours out the first week of August with a deadline of Sept 15th – exactly one month before the wedding.  I still need to print addresses on the envelopes but it’ll get done eventually ha ha.

Post # 16
10282 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

The invites are done and I got the stamps yesterday. I had to send a few envelopes back to our calligrapher for corrections but as soon as I get those back (probably end of this week), they’ll be going out. I don’t see the point in waiting to send them if they’re read to go. Our RSVP by date is September 1st. 

Post # 17
42 posts
Newbee

My date is mid October but 95% of our guests have to fly to get to the wedding. We sent out our STDs super early too. We hope to send out the invites by mid July (I’m allowing myself til the last week of July – because I foresee a label issue) … But we set our RSVP date as Sept 1 giving us two weeks to track down missing RSVPs before the one month out mark.

Post # 19
10282 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
@sbharkness83: I can’t handle the taste of the glue so I normally use a wet paper towel to seal the envelopes. It works well. 

Post # 21
8 posts
Newbee

This may be a silly question- but how do you judge when they need to RSVP by? My wedding is Oct 30th, but we are doing our own food and everything so I had orginally thought to RSVP by Oct 15th- am I crazy for doing this? Does it need to be like Oct 1st to give me a better idea? Any advice would be great!

Post # 22
1681 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@ivorybunny: usually catering companies need a final head count x number of weeks before your actual date (mine is 2 weeks). Then you have to account for people who think that ‘reply by’ mean ‘mail by’ or people who don’t RSVP at all, forcing you to call them. And THEN, you have to judge your comfort level of how close to your day you want to be spending precious time calling people getting yes’ or no’s. 

I would say give yourself 3 to 4 weeks before your date to give yourself a healthy buffer, but of course it’s up to you.

Post # 23
54 posts
Worker bee

It has taken me FOREVER to track down addresses from both sides of our families. But finally! This morning I mailed them out! With an RSVP date of Sept 10, they should have plenty of time.

Post # 24
489 posts
Helper bee

I finally got mine out today with the exception of a couple that I am still waiting for addresses for. Ideally I wanted them out earlier, but  it’s still 7 weeks before. Can’t wait to start getting my rsvps back!

Post # 25
834 posts
Busy bee

got them out today…. with a september 22nd RSVP to have 4 weeks for head counts and hopefully making people more apt to send them out that Monday instead of waiting till the next week. But also, we are having many many out of towners… so I felt I wanted to let em know kinda early.

The topic ‘October 2011 brides – When r you sending out invites?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors