(Closed) October 2011 brides…what are you up to?

posted 7 years ago in October 2011
Post # 3
1326 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Tre Bella, Mesa, AZ

I’m kind of on a break right now with major planning because school started (grad program). We signed a package a few weeks ago that includes everything except cake, officiant, flowers and photography (but we have a photog friend who is doing pics). I still need to do Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses. Fiance needs to find an outfit (female, doesn’t want to wear a dress).

Save-The-Date Cards will be done in the next few weeks. I need to get on top of sending out a tester then start putting them together, so that when our E-pics come back, it’ll just be a matter of picking one, slapping it all together and sending them all out. πŸ™‚

I’ve been fiddling with bouquets (we’re doing our own silk flowers), but nothing more than bunching them together and deciding what looks good.

Post # 4
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

We are at about the same place.  We haven’t started registering yet, but are starting to looks at rings for him (we already have mine), and need to schedule our e-session soon so that we can use the pics to send out Save-The-Date Cards (probably right at the 6-month mark).  We booked room blocks but not a place for ourselves to stay after the reception.  I am looking into hair/make-up, and we have been researching bakeries and honeymoons lately.  Still haven’t thought about a florist too much, but mainly because we haven’t settled on centerpeice ideas.  One of my Bridesmaid or Best Man is flying out at the end of March to look for dresses (I can’t say hom much I appreciate flying out here for that!) so we’ll probably order in those in April as well.  Not too stressed at the moment which is a great feeling ha ha!!

Post # 5
747 posts
Busy bee

we’re looking at rings, lodging for Out of Town guests, caterers (can’t believe we haven’t booked this yet!), designing our invites, hoping to send save the dates out late in march, dj (we have a band for part of it and need the dj for after), and hair/MUAs. i can’t believe how much we have to do still!

Post # 6
929 posts
Busy bee

We are playing phone tag with rehearsal dinner, looking at invites, researching honeymoon, looking for suits for our guys…   I have the dress, the bridemaids have ordered their dresses, the venue, the brunch, the photog, the videographer, and the church all have deposits down.  In two weeks we have pre-cana, and are trying to figure out the cake sitch… Both Fiance and I have jobs that consume our lives from May through September, so we are trying to get as much done now as possible!!!

Post # 7
451 posts
Helper bee

We sent out Save-The-Date Cards all ready, booked florist, DJ, venue, linens, photographer, marriage prep classes, chairs and a few more are finished. We are Bm shopping this weekend and cake tasting this weekend also? Lots of DIY projects are beginging and more will happen when the weather is better.

Havent registed yet, is may too late to wait to register?

Post # 8
35 posts
Newbee

We sent out save-the-dates, booked church, pastors, reception hall, photographer, videographer, bakery for our cupcakes, dress ordered, bridesmaids dresses and tuxes picked out, centerpieces decided upon, bought lanterns for bridesmaids to carry down the aisles…um I think those are the main things…

We still need to get a DJ. I have been putting it off because it seems like a boring part of wedding planning and I don’t really know how to go about choosing one. Oh well.

Post # 10
62 posts
Worker bee

We are finalizing the venue contract details. Booked photographer already and reserved a wedding date. Dress is ordered already. Just scheduled an engagement photo shoot date and I’m looking around for makeup artists and engagement shoot clothing.

Also shopping around for things that fit my enchanted forest theme, have an appointment with a florist this Saturday! Obsessively shopping around for invitations too πŸ™‚

Post # 11
1815 posts
Buzzing bee

In the past month we sent the save the dates, booked hair and makeup, booked the cake, and registered.

Right now we have engagement pictures coming up on April 10th, and we’re starting to look for the bridesmaid dresses/shoes. I’m also working on a bunch of DIY projects. Thankfully all the really stressful things are booked!

Post # 12
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

We already have our venue, DJ, and photographer booked.  We also just finished up our registries over the weekend.  We have our engagement pictures scheduled for March and I have my first dress appointment in a week and a half! I’ve never tried on a dress before, so I’m nervous but also really excited.

Finally, we’ve been working on our wedding website and Save-The-Date Cards off and on for the past couple of months.  I’m hoping we get both of those finished up in the next month or so.

Post # 13
3624 posts
Sugar bee

Currently I’m looking into flowers, hair/make-up, invitations, , registries, favors & I JUST got my shoes last night!

Although, all the other “current items” I’m pretty stumped on. Damn my expensive taste.

Post # 14
654 posts
Busy bee

I’ve got the church, reception, dj, photog, florist, dress, shoes, rehearsal dinner and honeymoon (literally just booked!!!) done so far. 

We’re trying on the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses this weekend, probably booking the hair and makeup tonight since I already have an appt, and just started the registering process.  I have to say, I find the process awkward as I sort of feel bad registering for anything that might be considered pricey.  But I would use the heck out of those bad ass knives!!!!  I’m still searching for our invitations.  The ones I like start to get really pricey when you need 175+.  We haven’t booked our engagement shoot yet but will aim for April or May.  I honestly don’t know if we’ll do save the dates.  Still need to book the hotel block, research photobooths more and figure out what transportation we need.

I also feel like I should be DIY’ing more but there’s too much big stuff to do before I can even think of the little details.

Post # 15
18 posts
Newbee

I’ve got the venue, florist, photographer, videographer, hotel, officiant, DJ, dress, Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses all done so far. We’re starting on wedding transportation soon and will be ordering invitations in April. We sent out save the dates earlier because we have a ton of out of town guests coming in for the wedding. I still can’t believe I have all this done! It seems like yesterday when I was freaking out I still had so much to do and now I have the majority of it booked. It’s just the little details now to figure out. πŸ™‚ I’m also starting to search around for bridesmaids gifts. Good luck with everything!

Post # 16
195 posts
Blushing bee

Ahh you ladies are making me feel like I have to get going! Which I know I do. . it has been hard to coordinate things with myself and Fiance finishing our masters degrees and being low on funds until we start working.  Anyway I have reserved a reception site, caterer, photographer, and ordered my dress.  Still so much to do!  I need to call the church this week to try to book the date.  By May, I really want to have booked my florist, find a videographer that is reasonable, send out save the dates, book music, finalize bridesmaid dress, register, figure out rentals, and order our cake (since on of my timelines says to do that in March). 

The main thing that is keeping me from being able to really get into things is FIs mom giving me a guest list. . I have asked 5 times.  I am getting stressed out about it, I feel like I would have more done by now if I knew the number.  It is hard to budget without knowing how many you are buying for :-X 

Thanks for inspiring me bees. . . . I am off to try to find some wedding stuff to accomplish!

The topic ‘October 2011 brides…what are you up to?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors