(Closed) October 2012 Babies Part II

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Thanks for starting the new thread Elley!

How far along? 9 weeks, 3 days

Total weight gain: I don’t weigh myself, so I have no idea…thank God!

Maternity clothes? Went and looked at some maternity jeans with my SIL but I’m still thinking about getting them as they are MEGA expensive.

Stretch marks? Some new ones on my boobs unfortunately. Everywhere else is so stretchmarky I probably wouldn’t notice anyway. Boooo genetics!

Sleep: My crazy nightmares keep leaving me feeling exhausted despite 10-11 hours of sleep a night!

Best moment this week: Being able to say I haven’t spotted in TWO weeks. You wouldn’t think that’s a “best moment” but it made me very happy πŸ™‚

Miss Anything? Being able to walk our giant Golden Retriever. She also misses our walks πŸ˜‰

Food cravings: OPA! fries, garlic mashed potatoes, tuna rolls, med bread from Moxies….pretty much all bad stuff. lol

Anything making you queasy or sick: Walking past the bathroom at my work. I have no idea why, it doesn’t smell of anything, but everytime I pass it I want to hurl.

Symptoms: Exhaustion, sensitive nipples, crazy dreams, fatigue, occasional nausea.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Definitely happy, I think I’ve only broke down crying once.

Looking forward to: Our first OB appointment on Wednesday! And hopefully our NT Scan after that πŸ™‚

Post # 5
1434 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

How far along? 9w

Total weight gain: still -3lbs (lost 9lbs due to M/S)

Maternity clothes? Lots but haven’t needed to wear them yet. I have tried the jeans and they’re comfty!

Stretch marks? None yet & i’m buying cream this week to keep those away!

Sleep: I take many naps but at night my sleep is in/out because of my acid reflux

Best moment this week: ah, not much. I’ve felt very icky & tired…

Miss Anything? my energy:)

Food cravings: none! I can barely eat but I manage…

Anything making you queasy or sick: I find that many foods do but liquids are the worst! I am so thirsty all the time because of it. 

Symptoms: the nausua (although much better with medication), sore boobs, lots of CM and..constipation:( yeah…

Happy or Moody most of the time: happy but too tired to excited still…

Looking forward to: Our next ultrasound when i’m 14w

Post # 6
575 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

How far along? 9w2d

Total weight gain: +3 lbs

Maternity clothes? I’ve bought some online, jeans, work pants, and two shirts. I’m also going to buy some dresses, but my mom has to ship to me in a week or so. I’m so sick of wearing the same dresses to work!

Stretch marks? None yet & also bought cream (mom has to send when she sends my clothes)

Sleep: No trouble yet.

Best moment this week: Found out my future SIL is due a month-ish after me – SO excited and may have to move back to Texas so the little cousins can be best friends! πŸ™‚  

Miss Anything? Beer! lol 

Food cravings: well, nothing is the same, for a few days it was hot dogs, and now I just get hungry for a specific thing and have to hunt it down, but it is rarely the same thing all the time.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Peanuts!!

Symptoms: Dry heaving!! I haven’t thrown up (knock on wood), but will get nauseus and dry heave, so annoying. Huge boobs and sore nipples, too.

Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY!!

Looking forward to: End of busy season on April 17 and our Europe trip on April 19th!! I have my next prenatal on March 30, but don’t think much is going to happen. No new u/s until 20 weeks! πŸ™

Still thinking of you @beebug!! Happy thoughts your way.

Post # 7
1285 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

@Running Elley:  Good thinking Batman!

How far along? 11 weeks either yesterday or tomorrow – still waiting on my midwife to make the call on my official EDD (7 Oct according to FF, 5 October according to the dating scan at 9 weeks)

Total weight gain: No change which I’m pleased about – I’ve been eating plenty of crap but have escaped the morning sickness so I’m suprised I’m not the size of a house

Maternity clothes? None yet ($180 maternity jeans anyone?) but I can’t get my good jeans done up anymore, now I just wear them unbuttoned with a belt.

Stretch marks? None and I’m slathering myself with moisturiser every morning.

Sleep: Yes please, i hang out for the weekends and I’m seriously considering taking a couple of days off in the next week or so.  I’m also missing all the good evening tv as I’m in bed by 9 every night.

Best moment this week: Telling my best girlfriend at work, she had no idea!  And she was really excited which was nice (she know’s we’d been TTC and starting to worry)

Miss Anything? All the good food – deli meat, sandwiches, soft serve, fizzy drinks and Coke.  Anything too sweet makes me feel awful and bubbles make me burp.

Food cravings: This week I’m into ice cream and fruity stuff.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Too much sugar in my diet and not eating enough.

Symptoms: Still got the mega sore boobs, tired, tired, tired and in the evenings I can definitely feel something going on in my pelvis, particularly when I have a full bladder.  I get still get occasional cramps as well.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy with a tendency to fly off the handle….

Looking forward to: My next midwife appointment – hopefully we’ll be able to hear the heartbeat with her doppler, I’m also looking forward to being able to “go live” with our news towards then end of the month.  Yay!

Post # 8
391 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

How far along? 8w1d

Total weight gain: 0 but I haven’t weighed myself in a couple of weeks.

Maternity clothes? I have some but not wearing them yet.

Stretch marks? None yet

Sleep: I sleep really well. I’m out as soon as my head hits the pillow. I wake up once to go pee and lately my hand has been going numb which is annoying.

Best moment this week: going out to dinner w/ friends

Miss Anything? eating all the foods I used to love but don’t look appetizing anymore

Food cravings: cold fruit and ice cream

Anything making you queasy or sick: Smells are my biggest trigger. coffee especially and any food w/ a stong smell

Symptoms: nausea, sore breasts, bloated, tired

Happy or Moody most of the time: happy w/ occasional crankiness

Looking forward to: My next OB appointment on the 29th

Post # 9
1434 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

@Kemma:  oh I change my answer to Coke under “foods I crave”. Thanks for reminding me that I can’t have that πŸ™ boo. 

Post # 10
686 posts
Busy bee

@TurtleDoves:  Omg, you’re preaching to the choir lady. My work provides a fridge full of free beverages  to the members of  our firm, and everytime I go to get a folate  enriched orange juice I  have  the  push past the Cokes and cry a little on the inside. lol

Is anyone else waking  up at the EXACT same times every night to go pee? I’m 11:38, 4:12 and 6:30 and it’s making me  feel like I’m living in a  urinary remake of the Exorcism of Emily Rose.

Post # 11
1144 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

How far along? 9w6d

Total weight gain: 4 pounds so far 

Maternity clothes? Yes please πŸ™‚ the jeans are so comfy. I am also showing early since this is my second.

Stretch marks? No new ones yet and I’m hoping I don’t since I got alot of them with DS.

Sleep: I fall asleep really easily but with kids it’s hard to sleep anymore then before.

Best moment this week: Watching my Dad race this morning I miss running so much going to start up again after my first trimester is over. 

Miss Anything? Running and soft serve ice cream also since I have been so tired at night there is not alot of loving going on so I miss that too.

Food cravings: Ice cream, veggie burgers, and cheese with crackers.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Coffee makes me gag I also hate the smell of nail poish which stinks because I used to get manicures every 2 weeks.

Symptoms: Sore breast, yucky feeling in the morning, tired, and emotional.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but I do have some mood swings. 

Looking forward to: To hit the 13 week mark

Post # 12
575 posts
Busy bee

How far along? 11 weeks, 5 days

Total weight gain: at 10 weeks I lost 2lbs!! but haven’t checked since

Maternity clothes? Since 9 weeks! Mainly work pants my jeans seem to still be fine, but Maternity pants feel so good! Damn Gap for being so expensice

Stretch marks? Scared to look so far I think none, sigh of relief

Sleep: I wish I have had wicked ansomnia! 

Best moment this week: not sure, i think telling my classmate .

Miss Anything? Deli Meat, and I wish I didn’t have as many food aversions

Food cravings: depends on the day, but weird stuff this morning it was grapes

Anything making you queasy or sick: Dt. Root Beer

Symptoms: boobs feeling like they way 20 lbs each, and at night feel like there is a workshop in my belly

.Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!!! So Excited!!

Looking forward to: Telling our family next weekend 

Post # 13
575 posts
Busy bee

anyone having terrible lower back pain? I walked around all day yesterday leaving me in aweful pain, wasn’t sure if anyone had any good remedies?

Post # 14
686 posts
Busy bee

@carriejuly:  I have fairly bad lower back pain late in the day, but I’ve had  lower back problems for some time and have just learned to live with it. Maybe ask your doctor if you can use a topical Voltaren cream?

Post # 15
799 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

How far along? 8 weeks today!

Total weight gain: up about 2-3 pounds…most likely from lack of exercise and only able to eat carbs for about 2 weeks.

Maternity clothes? Not yet.  I did order a bella band, but it seems the bloat from the first few weeks has gone down, so I haven’t had to use it.

Stretch marks? not yet.  Definitely have to pick up some lotion and bio oil for the future though. 

Sleep: Tired all the time!  Definitely in bed by 9, 9:30 every night and needing 2 naps on the weekends. I’m still having ridiculously vivid dreams that started a few days before my BFP.

Best moment this week: Figuring out that my prenatal vitamin was causing at least 90% of my nausea, changing when I take it, and feeling totally fine all week!  Also seeing the baby again on the u/s now that I’m back with my OB and not at the fertility center anymore.

Miss Anything? Sushi, definitely sushi.  it doesn’t help that we live a block away from our favorite spot, so I walk by it every day.  It’s so much worse now that I “can’t” have it.  And Starbucks Chais.  I know they are okay because their caffeine levels are not that high, but I want to try to go without caffeine for the first trimester and then have them only moderately (instead of every other day!).

Food cravings: Starting to crave any cold fruit.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Used to be my prenatals and anything i ate afterwards, but now, nothing.

Symptoms: now that the nausea is gone, just huge and sore boobs and fatigue.

.Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!!! Also still in disbelief that this is happening…in a good way!

Looking forward to: Seeing the baby again at our 10 week u/s on April 2 and being able to see more than a gorgeous perfect little blob. 

Post # 16
575 posts
Busy bee

@FutureJessicaMcB:  Thanks! I’ll definitely going to ask her, also I picked up a prenatal yoga dvd, and going to see if maybe that helps?

The topic ‘October 2012 Babies Part II’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors