(Closed) October 2012 Babies Part II

posted 10 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 258
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@Running Elley:  Thinking of you! I hope the drop means nothing.

I left work early. Wasn’t feeling great and I just didn’t want to be there. Relaxed at home and took a nap. It’s been nice. You guys are mentioning bagels. I might just have to have one tonight. I really like the parmesean ones from Costco.

Post # 259
392 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@Running Elley:  

View original reply
@lotam240:  This is why I love having this board, I read my post to DH and he was less than amused, so nice to know i am not alone! The worst is Dunkin Donuts has commercials for new artisan bagels making it way worse! Knowing I’m not alone means I had a bagel and cream cheese for lunch today and I going to go for it and have it again tomorrow!! So EXCITED!!

View original reply
@TurtleDoves:  I used to hate cream cheese too! From weeks 7-10, I could only have english muffins with strawberry cream cheese for breakfast….

View original reply
@Running Elley:  I am sorry about the test results, I will admit I am not well informed on levels and what they mean, but I hope everything is ok…

Post # 260
670 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Bagels and cream cheese are always a staple in our house, I love how many of you have a new found love for them!!

My favourite ways to have a bagel?

Bagel (toasted or not…usually not this way) with cheese whiz and bacon bits sprinkled on top the cheese whiz!

Bagel toasted with cream cheese and then rasbperry jam on top of the cream cheese, sooo yummy.

I have been feeling really awful and weird you know where last night and this morning, I am going to make sure I take it super easy today and tonight and get to bed early. It feels awful when I am standing, here’s hoping it’s just our growing bambino making room for itself! DH touched my belly when I got home from work last night and was like….wow, I can see your bump coming! Eeeep! Here’s hoping!

It’s cheesy, but I am going to wear a pair of my mat capri’s to Easter dinner on the weekend and tell my grandparents I am wearing pants I bought with the money they gave me for my birthday and I wanted to show them…..and then I am just going to be like “they’re maternity pants” and show them the waist band……and see how the clue in….nothing fancy, but it’ll be pretty funny I think. I am really excited to tell my Grandma, she became a grandma at 37 and had “world’s youngest grandma” gear years ago when my Mom had me so young, so she won’t be the world’s youngest great grandmother I am sure as I am 26, but she will still be pretty young, my great grandmother is 87 and I cannot wait to tell her too!

@Running Elley:  I hope everything is ok my dear, I love @TurtleDoves:  post below yours and I think it’s great advice, the progesterone stuff is definitely beyond me and that is why I am glad we have this board as there are so many people with such great backgrounds and knowledge bases to help in almost any situation.

I think I am still leaning toward not being on team green still. I think everything has just been too tricky so far to not use that as a point where not only we can look forward too, but stay really positive from after that point, I think it’s definitely what I want. I love the idea of the surprise factor and DH getting to announce boy/girl…..maybe next time :p

How many kiddo’s does everyone want to have? I know some of us aren’t first timers, and I also know things can change after one or two, lol…..but just curious. When DH asked me how many kids I wanted someday (on out 4th date) I said seven, LOL. Kidding. I think his heart skipped a little :p I have always said 3-4, but I think after two we will see where we’re at and go from there. I have always said I wanted to adopt as well, have a few children of our own and then adopt through our children’s aid society, but something we’re not going to worry about at this point!

Post # 261
4081 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

@Beebug:  Thanks! I love our little pup. He’s a sweetheart and a miracle dog, too! We almost lost him last summer. He was given a 50/50 chance but survived. (Autoimmune disease) He’s been great ever since so we’re hoping he lives a long life and the disease doesn’t come back. (He’s only 6 years old)

View original reply
@Running Elley:  I bet everything is just fine. The numbers fluctuate as you progress and your body starts making progesterone. Low 40’s is great because that is what mine were the whole time I was on the daily progesterone injections. I don’t think that 10 pts is a big drop since you were so high to begin with…did you hear from your doctor last night? Thinking good thoughts for you!!!

OK, so now I want a bagel!!! haha

Post # 262
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

yum, bagels!

Has anyone felt that their bump has gone down?  I swear mine has gotten smaller the past 2 days.  Maybe its just the bloat going away?

Post # 264
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Running Elley:  cute picture!  Is that dress from target?

Yes, I have noticed that the bump is much harder.  As opposed to a doughy feeling haha

Post # 265
670 posts
Busy bee

@Running Elley:  So freaking cute! LOVE the pic and think the idea is fantastic!!!!!!

Post # 267
670 posts
Busy bee

Canada is getting Target, but I don’t think it will be as awesome as US Target just like other things when they open here from the US!

I am definitely getting a little harder in the bump area, but definitely still huge/bloaty at night! The bump in the am is definitely getting less questionable, it will be nice when it’s more legit though and less and less questionable!

Post # 268
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@Running Elley:  Super cute announcement photo!

View original reply
@Beebug: Agreed that American franchises are almost always less exciting in Canada (except for maybe Five Guys πŸ˜‰ )

I am so angry today. I am stuck with this stupid OB that I hate, and I recently foudn out he delivered one of my co-workers babies and she had PTSD from the experience he was so awful. He apparently threw her birth plan out, told her to stop being unrealistic, induced her, forced her into an epidural, gave her an episiotomy she didn’t want and then essentially hauled the baby out of her with his hands. This is essentially my worst nightmare. 

So I thought that maybe I’d look into hiring a doula so that they’d at least LISTEN TO ME and not put me through the same ordeal. Well it turns out doulas are not covered by provincial healthcare and they are expensive ladies to have around. I can’t justify an expense of over $1,000 for someone to parrot exactly what I’m saying to a doctor. Really frustrated that I’m being given no options and am being forced into all this nonsense. If only I had known you have to be a forty odd year old woman who conceived via IVF to get a midwife in this city…UGH!

Post # 269
670 posts
Busy bee

@FutureJessicaMcB:  What is Five Guys?!!? I have seen the “coming soon” sign at the Smart Centre near us for it, but have no idea what it is!

Post # 270
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2010

How far along? 13w, 5d

Total weight gain: about 8 lbs since our first appt in Feb.

Maternity clothes? I’ve bought a ton of maxi dresses since I will be big all summer long. Bought my first maternity pants at Target, they are pretty cute dress capris with a comfy waistband.

Stretch marks? None so far, but I am nervous about getting them later on..

Sleep: Decent, I get pretty hot thru out the night though and that always wakes me up.

Best moment this week: Having more energy!! Feeling almost back to normal πŸ™‚

Miss Anything? Pepsi, Ceasar salads and turkey subs πŸ™ I cheat and have a pepsi every once in a while though, and I try to get toasted subs but they just aren’t the same!

Food cravings: Bagels and cream cheese, cheese in general, pizza and mexican food

Anything making you queasy or sick: Getting too hot, brushing my teeth

Symptoms: fuller breasts and the occasional gagging episodes…

Happy or Moody most of the time: Definitely happy!

Looking forward to: Our appt on the 24th, we might get a sneak peek at gender, but if that doesn’t work out, I am making an U/S appt at a boutique on the 1st. I cannot.wait.any.longer!!

Post # 271
1197 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

@Beebug:   five guys is an amaaaazing burger place!!!! It’s not expensive and they make your burger fast & fresh….mmmm. And they use real fries…like they cut them there and they have skins on them:) 

We plan to have 4 kids- Hubby wants 5 like his family. I want 3 like my family…..so we were thinking 4…ASSUMING all goes well. If I have very icky pregnancies or super troublesome labors then we’ll have less. DH is trying to make my pregnancy the best he can because I threatened no more kids unless this pregnancy is at least bearable….it wasn’t at first with all that sickness & my progesterone scares

lilyann—welcome! I am so jealous that you’re officially out of your first trimester, lucky girl:)

The topic ‘October 2012 Babies Part II’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors