(Closed) October 2012 bees, when are you sending out your STD’s???

posted 7 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m planning on sending mine this year probably around November or so. I have a lot of ppl coming from the states and Portugual, so I want to give them enough time to save, get plane tics, etc…

Post # 4
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

i was just setting up a date to get the pictures taken for our save-the-dates. im just so excited about the wedding, and its still so far away, and i dont wanna wait anymore i just wanna start doing stuff for the wedding. sooo…people maybe getting their save-the-dates soon. end of november maybe? it feels so early but…too bad! 🙂

Post # 5
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I am having a destination wedding so I am sending mine out in January once we have our main vendors in line. Are all of you having DW? Or are Save-The-Date Cards just the new thing to do?

Post # 6
143 posts
Blushing bee

We are getting our engagement pictures taken next week and I plan on sending them by the end of November but if that doesn’t happen at least by December. In my mind the sooner the better!

Post # 7
232 posts
Helper bee

oh im just having a wedding a couple cities over..are save the dates traditionally just for destination weddings? i guess i thought everyone sent them..haha. 

Post # 8
42 posts
Newbee

Most of our guests have been told informally already, but at this stage I plan to send them out around Easter.

Post # 9
138 posts
Blushing bee

I don’t think STD are just for destination weddings anymore. People are so busy, that’s it’s nice to know about these things more than 3 months ahead of time! No idea when we’ll send ours out. But if we did it around the holidays, they could replace christmas cards, or at least combine together,  so I might just go with that!

Post # 10
1458 posts
Bumble bee

I was planning on January or February, but really have no idea when the correct time is! My FI’s family will be Out of Town (~5 hrs away) but I figure 9 months should be enough time to make plans for the fall. 

Post # 11
1577 posts
Bumble bee

Probably January for our destination wedding… April/May we’re sending Save-The-Date Cards for our formal at-home reception.  :o)

Post # 12
120 posts
Blushing bee

ours will go out early december- maybe earlier- i dont want them to get lost in the christmas card mayhem.

Post # 13
466 posts
Helper bee

I think we were actually going to tuck them in our Christmas cards. We want to do magnets, and hopefully they’ll get stuck on the fridge as soon as the card is opened.

Post # 14
1271 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

i’m also sticking ours in our christmas cards.  sooooooo many Out of Town guests, i want to give them as much notice as possible.

The topic ‘October 2012 bees, when are you sending out your STD’s???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors