(Closed) October 2012 Brides- April and May updates and to do’s

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@actime:  Wow! You have been a very busy BEE!!! Good for you, you have done alot!

So let’s see….

How are things going with you so far, are you losing your mind yet?Not yet, I’m actually very calm and relaxed

How is Fiance, family and friends feeling about the everything so far? Everyone is great. Fiance is good with everything I’m doing so far and his parents have been super great. My dad is a different story, my mom can’t wait.

What did you accomplish last month?

What are you trying to accomplish this month?

Finish these damn shoes lol

Look around for places for Bridal Shower with Bridesmaid or Best Man

Finish favor tags

Continue to do more Apple Jelly Jars

That’s it for now… the Month of June will be a very busy one since Basement renos are coming to an end finally!

Post # 4
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

How are things going with you so far, are you losing your mind yet? I am not losing my mind yet, but it might be a different story once I get into intense wedding planning mode this month after I graduate from college.

How is Fiance, family and friends feeling about the everything so far? Everyone is excited! Fiance and I just want to be married already. My Future Sister-In-Law is already making plans for my bridal shower and I can’t wait for it!

What did you accomplish last month? I didn’t accomplish any wedding related tasks last month.

Engagement pictures

Start our registry

Finalize guest list

Post # 5
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

How are things going with you so far, are you losing your mind yet? Things are still going well and I’m still pretty calm.  Just getting more and more excited to hurry up and get married already! 

How is Fiance, family and friends feeling about the everything so far?  Fiance is doing fine.  He just shakes his head at me every time I see something new I like and want to do for our wedding. Lol.  Family, friends, and coworkers are occasionally asking for updates but that’s about it.  People are excited for the wedding. ๐Ÿ™‚

– Dress came in

– Received custom stickers to put on the plain bags for the candy buffet favors

– Didn’t really do much since I’m so ahead that I can relax a bit and let some of the minor details wait. 

– Tweek ceremony program that I’ve already worked on

– MUSIC!! Must pick all the music for the ceremony and reception

– Fix a few invites that were changed and hopefully send them out by the end of the month.

– Get my hair/makeup trial if my veil comes in on time this month

– Hopefully find a dress for my sister (MOH) and help my mom find one, too.

– Hopefully pick out wedding party gifts

– Figure out what kind of guestbook we want.

I’ll hopefully be able to get all this done and figured out but we’ll be going out of town to Tucson for almost a week for FI’s brother’s hs graduation and Eagle Scout ceremony so I’m crossing my fingers I can accomplish it all even with a week of nothing wedding related!

Post # 6
443 posts
Helper bee

How are things going with you so far, are you losing your mind yet? So far, so good.

How is Fiance, family and friends feeling about the everything so far? Everyone is excited. And it looks like about 130 (out of 182 invited) have booked their rooms so I’m relieved about that (getting married on Martha’s Vineyard, booking early for a fall weekend is a MUST).

Bridesmaid dresses – all ordered. Flower girls dresses, too.

Bridesmaid gifts – started to compile them. They’re getting Vineyard Vines tote bags (bought on sale, I was stalking the website) stuffed with goodies. Such a cliche, but it became a cliche because it’s a good gift, right?! Right? Anyway…

Centerpieces – all decisions made, and ready to be ordered. Will be a lantern/sand/flower petal combo (ceremony is at a lighthouse on the beach).

Ceremony script – finalized and approved by the priest and rabbi.

Invitations – picked (but we’re not ordering until we do our tasting at the reception venue in June…I’m a little nervous about waiting so long, but we’d rather give the actual entree choices on the rsvp cards than “beef” or “fish” if we can).

Make sashes for the flower girls with extra material from the bridesmaid dresses.

Write out the notes that will go on the gift bags — want to get that out of the way before I have to start writing shower thank you notes.

Order the centerpiece items.

Engagement pictures. @bookwormbride: I was so happy to see that you’re doing that now, too. I felt really lame for waiting so long, and feel a little silly even calling them “engagement” (that happened in August). But saying “we’re having our professionally-shot informal photographs taken” sounds even sillier!

Start ordering items for the gift bags.

Pick the ties for the groomsmen.

Print and assemble the programs (since the ceremony is finalized and the programs will be fairly complicated might as well get this out of the way before other stuff comes up, too….ah, nevermind, this one is just a pipe dream).

Post # 7
242 posts
Helper bee

@bookwormbride and @bythebook We are doing engagement pictures this month, too! We thought we would have to cut it for budget reasons, but it worked out and I am so excited! I have a long To Do list for this month…need to keep plugging away. 

Post # 8
719 posts
Busy bee

@actime:  

How are things going with you so far, are you losing your mind yet?  

I was actually doing okay until we found a place to live…nothing like throwing a move in on top of everything else!   

How is Fiance, family and friends feeling about the everything so far? 

Fiance is doing okay….a little more involved in the planning than I would like…has been coming up with some crazy ideas!!!! 

Fiance got his birth certificate and a copy of his divorce papers for our marriage license.

Locked in our DJ with a deposit.

2 bridesmaids picked up their dresses.

Came up with a “theme” for the wedding.

Food tasting.

Get invitations done.

Finish moving and get settled in.

Finalize guest list addresses and shower lists.

Post # 12
719 posts
Busy bee

@actime:  No, but I was worried that he wouldn’t be able to find them or would have trouble getting copies, so I wanted it all taken care of.  Now when we go to apply in August, I’ll know we have everything that we need!  ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 13
680 posts
Busy bee

@actime:  Lol, yup, I started them.  They’re not done because we don’t have our ceremony music picked out yet, but at least it’s started and I just need to add the songs and do whatever minor changes to it so I’m not freaking out in September when I print them.  ๐Ÿ™‚  Like I said, I’ve done like EVERYTHING super, super early.  I had all our vendors picked and contracts signed within 2 months of getting engaged.  There’s only minor things left to do.  

Post # 14
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@actime:  Thank you, we have about 115 left to go and then it’s a matter of figuring out what to do for the kids. We’re doing seperate jars for the kids.

Post # 15
2253 posts
Buzzing bee

Wow you ladies must be butter bc you’re on a roll! Corny joke aside, kudos on getting things done.

How are things going with you so far, are you losing your mind yet? Things are going great now. I did have a slight meltdown two weeks ago due to planning and time management. This was more work related stress than anything. As soon as work calmed down so did the wedding plannign angst.

How is Fiance, family and friends feeling about the everything so far? Fiance is surprisingly doing great with contributing to the planning. He actually has about 90% of the wedding website done, and he is in the process of narrowing down our invitation styles. He’s been great. I wish our families would be more involved. Aside from my Maid/Matron of Honor who is also my sister, my family has been pretty blase over it. One of my older sisters (not my MOH) seems to want to sabotage my wedding. Maybe that’s a strong word but she has not been helpful at all and not only that her comments are pretty rude which hurts as Fiance and I did everything we could to help her out for her wedding. I think she fears my wedding will eclipse hers even though she was married last year! We do our best to ignore her. His family is super interested but unfortunately live three states away. Future Mother-In-Law and Future Sister-In-Law (one of the BMs) call frequently to check in with us and let us vent. lol. Our friends are super excited. Since we hardly see each other but for special events, they are really pumped to get together.

What did you accomplish last month? Biggest deal was the decision to up our wedding budget by $5,000 more. It was hard to decide but necessary. Fiance started on the wedding website, narrowed down color scheme and style for our invites, finalized our music for our wedding ceremony, booked our DJ and MC for the reception, and bought our weddings bands. We confirmed our Engaged Encounter retreat date, took our FOCUS test, and settled on a date to begin our premartial counseling (all requirements to marry within our church). I found my BMs’ present, settled on a design for our wedding cake, and decided on what type of cake topper we are getting.

What are you trying to accomplish this month? Finish the edits to our website. Order supplies and make our invitations, hash out the costs of the favors, settle on the reception menu, desert bar selection, and hor d’ourves table. We also started on our wedding diet this month, and this by far is the hardest thing to get on track with.

It seems no matter how much we get done, there’s always so much more to do. I’ll be so happy when I just married and enjoy all the fruits of this labor!

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- April and May updates and to do’s’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors