(Closed) October 2012 Brides – Bridal Shower

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
1253 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I haven’t realy put much thought into my shower. But anything pretaining to my wedding I am excited about.

When are you having your bridal shower? Mine is scheduled for April. I believe the 14th because I am flying back to Atlanta for work and my Maid/Matron of Honor said she will get the girls together for the shower. 

Is it a surprise shower, are you involved in planning it? I know the day and month but this is all. I am guessing it can be a surprise as far as what we are doing or going. I requested something low key, so we will see. 

Do you have theme in mind? Not a clue. Is Fun a theme? Lol

Share you ideas, thoughts and things you would like to see at your shower: I would love to see all my firends because I recently moved 2000 miles away from them all so it would be cool to just celebrate with the girls. Now, my other bridesmaid is in NY so it would be amazing if she comes down to Atlanta for the shower. 

Post # 4
6 posts
Newbee

When are you having your bridal shower? I have no idea!  I just gave my sister(MOH) what I would want for a guest list, but I am not sure when they are planning on having it.

Is it a surprise shower, are you involved in planning it? I am not going to be involved.  They want to surprise me, but I am so impatient and (I will admit it!) I snooper so I will hopefully find out at least the date ahead of time!

Do you have theme in mind? I gave my sister a lot of ideas a long time ago.  I am really into baking and cooking so I am sure they will theme it around that in some way.

Share you ideas, thoughts and things you would like to see at your shower: At my best friends shower we did a recipe exchange.  While I love the idea, I think it is a little played out.  I like the idea of creating a recipe book online on a website like tastebook.com to switch it up a little bit.  I would also like my Fiance to be included in some way, but as my family is pretty traditional, I am not sure if that will be happening. 

xo

Post # 5
1927 posts
Buzzing bee

When are you having your bridal shower? Mine is Sunday August 26th

Is it a surprise shower, are you involved in planning it? I thoroughly enjoy planning parties and events so they are including me in the planning.

Do you have theme in mind? My shower will be Florida/ Walt Disney World themed.

Share you ideas, thoughts and things you would like to see at your shower: I want to make centerpieces that are little palm trees on the beach with a little mickey and minnie on them. I am thinking about getting leis. My parents go on a lot of cruises and they have a bunch glasses from the ships, the Bridesmaids and I are going to drink out of them.

Post # 6
9483 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I won’t have one, I guess. πŸ™

Post # 8
183 posts
Blushing bee

When are you having your bridal shower? Sunday, July 22nd.

Is it a surprise shower, are you involved in planning it? My mom and my sister (MOH) are planning it, the only involvement I will have with it is putting together the guest list. 

Do you have theme in mind? Since I’m not planning it I don’t know if there is any kind of a theme or not. But, I am definitely looking forward to it! πŸ™‚

Share you ideas, thoughts and things you would like to see at your shower: I would love one of those “cakes” made out of like dish towels and kitchen utensils or something. My mom and my sister are both obsessed with Pinterest so I’m sure there will be some fun DIY things that they found on there! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 9
1445 posts
Bumble bee

I haven’t heard anything about one. Guess I’m not having one either. Wanna come party with me MissPumpkinPie? When it gets closer we can have an e-bridal party on the bee.

Post # 10
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

When are you having your bridal shower? Saturday, August 25th

Is it a surprise shower, are you involved in planning it?  It’s not really a surprise and I’m not 100% involved in planning it either.  My sister (MOH) is asking me what I want and I tell her yes or no.  She’s been buying things here and there for it these past few months. 

Do you have theme in mind? I’m not sure if there’s much of a theme.  I told my sister I’d like to keep the wedding color scheme of blue and purple in it, but that’s about it.  She’s bought some random things for it and I don’t know if it’ll all flow.  Oh well, as long as everyone has fun! 

Share you ideas, thoughts and things you would like to see at your shower:  I gave my sister a list of games I’d like to play.  She’ll be making all the desserts herself and probably the favors as well.  We’ll see how it all comes out! 

Post # 11
396 posts
Helper bee

When are you having your bridal shower? July 15th

Is it a surprise shower, are you involved in planning it? Not a surprise since I know about it.. my sister (MOH) is planning it along with my mom and my future evil mother in law

Do you have theme in mind? not up to me to decide!

Share you ideas, thoughts and things you would like to see at your shower: it’s being thrown for me.. so I probably shouldn’t have responded to this post lol

Post # 12
1445 posts
Bumble bee

Well apparently I am having a bridal shower after all. Two, it looks like. And they’re going to be polar opposite of one another.

When are you having your bridal shower? My mom is throwing one on May 5th, Cinco de Mayo! And Future Mother-In-Law is throwing one at th end of july/begining of August.

Is it a surprise shower, are you involved in planning it? From what I understand, I have to come up with a guest list for my mom’s but I’m hoping thats all I have to do. Then I just have to show up and look pretty at both of them.

Do you have theme in mind? Mom’s is going to be a co-ed bridal shower on Cinco de Mayo with margaritas, and a pool party, so I’ve got to go get a new swimsuit! FMIL’s is going to be much more traditional with the more conservative side of her family and her church friends.

Share you ideas, thoughts and things you would like to see at your shower: I’m super excited for both of these parties. They’re both going to be spectacular, I’m sure! I just hope I don’t have to do much planning. I’ve got enough on my plate with the main event: the wedding! lol πŸ˜€

Post # 13
38 posts
Newbee

When are you having your bridal shower? Mine is scheduled for August 26th.

Is it a surprise shower, are you involved in planning it? I am only a little bit involved in planning it, it will mostly be a surprise.  I know where it is and the menu, but that’s about it.

Do you have theme in mind? I do not know the theme, but they know I love glamour and over the top, pearls, stones, Coco Chanel, wine that type of thing.

Share you ideas, thoughts and things you would like to see at your shower: I have lots of ideas. I love flowers and want them on every table. I love candles and want them in different types of votives and mercury glass. I love fashion so anything chic and classic.  I’m actually super nervous bc I am always the planner and I plan everyone elses events, I just have to relax. They know me so it should be wonderful.  I had to help with the food because Fiance and I love restaurants we have eaten every where and I wanted people to eat a meal that they wouldn’t normally purchase for themselves.

Post # 14
1284 posts
Bumble bee

When are you having your bridal shower? Mine is super early — June 2nd! The venue my BMs choose is somewhat outside and we all wanted to make sure it wouldn’t be too hot. 

Is it a surprise shower, are you involved in planning it? It it mostly a surprise. I demanded to know the date and the location but other then that I’m being left in the dark! Haha. 

Do you have theme in mind? I don’t get a say! We’ll see what they do πŸ™‚

Share you ideas, thoughts and things you would like to see at your shower: I love love love the venue. It’s EXACTLY what I wanted. The venue is kind of “shabby chic”. 

Here’s the site: http://ficklepicklecafe.com/

Post # 15
1253 posts
Bumble bee

My bridal shower is Saturday and I am so excited. 

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides – Bridal Shower’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors