(Closed) October 2012 Brides- Feb and March Updates and To Do

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
143 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

How are things going with you so far? Things are going well here, its hard to believe its only 7 months or so away but I”m sure i’ll be ready. Right now I’m currently a bridesmaid for my best friends wedding on St. Patty’s day and then once thats over I”m full steam ahead with my wedding! I CAN”T WAIT~!

How is Fiance, family and friends feeling about the everything so far? Everyone is really excited. The more idea I come up with the more my friends and family are excited about it. My Fiance is doing well but pretty much hasn’t done anything wedding wise he has a very demanding job so i’m ok with doing most of the work.

What did you accomplish last month?

Well most of my major stuff is done, and has been for quite some time IE: Dress, Venue, decor, STD’s etc.

SO i’ve been working alot on desiging my DIY invitations which are ready to be created. My tears of joy packets are done, my signage is done, My tiara and bouquet have arrived from ebay. My bubbles are almost done (still need more ribbon) and so ready to start going hardcore into things.

What are you trying to accomplish this month?

Do some more DIY projects, nothing in mind right away but on Good Friday my nana and I are going shopping for all of my crafty stuff so after that I’ll be pretty much going nutz! LOL

Congrats to you on your closing of your house! My Fiance and I closed on our last October so I know how much stress that can cause!

Post # 5
9483 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Things are going good.  =)  I need to find an officiant one of these days.  I’m procrastinating hardcore for whatever reason.  Other than that, not much else for me to do but kick back and wait for October to roll around.

Post # 6
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I can’t believe it’s already 7 months to go!!!

How are things going with you so far? I think Ok lol

How is Fiance, family and friends feeling about the everything so far? We are stressed out! It’s getting a tole on us financially but it’s nothing we can’t get past. We have a plan and we are saving like crazy right now to be able to pay all our vendors. My dad hasn’t offered any help (and I’m not about to go asking him for help since we don’t talk) and his parents have helped us so much. So we are saving.

Out of all my list from last month, I accomplished My Garter belts

I added a few more projects that I completed:

My I SPYs are done and my Kids Activity books are also completed.

Send Save-The-Date Cards by end of next week

Start working on my favours tomorrow

Book Florist tomorrow

Finish my guest book

Continue to work on strassing my shoes

Post # 8
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@actime:  Oh my goodness, I’m trying lol

Post # 9
22 posts
Newbee

Can’t believe it’s only 7 months…

How are things going with you so far? Things are going great. Super excited.

How is Fiance, family and friends feeling about the everything so far? Everyone is super excited. All my friends are always asking details. My Mom & Dad have been super supportive & even surprised us with a very generous cash gift to put towards the wedding. Fiance isn’t really into the whole wedding planning thing but I’m totally OK with it. I am the planner/ control freak in the group so I love taking care of all the details.

• finish guestlist
  • florist, DJ, photo booth, photographer all booked
  • STD sent out
  • invitations, dress & all bridal assesories bought
  • menu picked out
  • purchased wedding bands
  • finish gift registery
  • purchased flower girl dress & assesories

• go to 1st wedding dress alteration appt
  • book officiant
  • pick ceremony, entrance & 1st first dance songs
  • set up engagement shoot
  • purchase guest book
  • pick bridesmaid dress
  • bridesmaid brunch
  • book make up & hair person

Post # 11
1445 posts
Bumble bee

Caterer got the deposit today, so thats done with for now. Meeting with the second prospective jewler for my wedding band on sunday. Going with my Maid/Matron of Honor to order her dress either tomorrow or Friday. Picking out set pieces and props for our engagement photos, as well as scouting for specific locations to shoot within our theatre this afternoon. Actual engagement photos on Sunday. Fiance got his suit over the weekend. *gush*

Up next- Invitations, rentals, and getting my mom a dress.

Post # 12
2657 posts
Sugar bee

Im getting stuff done. lol

I just mailed the signed contract out for the party limo bus.

Most of the girls have bought their dress. Though two are taking forever. Its a dress that is being discontinued and even the sales girl said she wasnt sure when they will stop selling it. It sucks! Wish they would just order the darn thing!! Its a simple phone call. Well thats my big issue right now.

And I do have tons of suff I need to buy. Thats where we are right now………..

Post # 15
263 posts
Helper bee

How are things going with you so far? Pretty good. I feel productive 🙂

How is Fiance, family and friends feeling about the everything so far? Everyone is excited and just waiting for me to hand out lists of things that need to be done. Fiance has been a little out of it, but he gets a pass cause he has so much going on at work right now. The friends are awesome as always.

Bought my rehearsal dinner dress and shoes. Picked out the bridesmaid dresses (they have until May 1 to order). Found and bought the grandmother of the bride dress. The mother of the groom has ordered her dress and the grandmother of the groom has ordered hers as well. I finished making the ribbon rings my flower girls are going to carry and we started tentatively picking out invitations. We also bought bowls and finished the chalkboard.

Make a decision on the officiant. (trying to get one pastor to agree, but he never answers his phone or returns calls. I’m thinking we’ll go in a different direction.)

Pick out invitations Order Save the Dates

Decide on cake and set up tasting if we are having a wedding cake. We’re having a dessert bar so we’re thinking of just having a couple of homemade cakes on the bar instead of a formal cake……..opinions?

Set up tasting with caterer

Make a decision on whether Fiance and his dad can provide the sound system we need for the outdoors ceremony. If not, find/book a DJ

Feeling like I am way behind at the moment

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- Feb and March Updates and To Do’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors