(Closed) October 2012 Brides- Feb and March Updates and To Do

posted 8 years ago in October 2012
Post # 17
1443 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@actime:  It was a spur of the moment thing. We weren’t planning on tackling that item until later on down the road. We’re doing suits instead of tuxes, and we knew that Belk’s was having a sale on their suits so we dropped by and fell in love with one. It was perfect! So now it is hanging up at FI’s parents house until it gets closer to time and then we will take it in to get it fitted.

So we scouted out the theatre last night for our engagement photos and I am SO excited! I can’t wait for Sunday to get here. We’re getting MOH’s dress ordered on Friday, looking at my wedding band on Saturday, and waiting to hear back from mom about when we can go look at dresses for her. I’m laying out and trying on and ironing all my clothes for the engagement shoot tonight. We may have to do some last minute shopping on Saturday for additional clothes if what I have doesn’t work well, but I think I’m ok.

Post # 18
183 posts
Blushing bee

How are things going with you so far? Good. Feeling pretty zen about everything. I’ll probably start freaking out within the next couple of months, but for now I’m good. haha

How is Fiance, family and friends feeling about the everything so far? I think everyone is feeling pretty good about everything. 

What did you accomplish last month? Booked photographer and florist. Chose rehearsal dinner location and figured out headcount to give to his parents as they are planning and taking care of all of that. Found a couple realllly cute options for my mom’s MOB dress. Started looking at possible shower dresses. All BM’s got ordered, dresses are due in 6/8. Chose tuxedos. Attended our wedding tasting and decided on food (we meet with our coordinator at our venue on Saturday to finalize that). Designed Save the Dates and chose invitations. Started looking at DJs online.

What are you trying to accomplish this month? I have already DIY’d personalized wooden hangers for my girls for their gowns. They came out SO good, I’m so excited!! And since I work at the bridal shop where they ordered their dresses from I get to see them when they come in and will switch out the hangers before the girls pick up/are sent their gowns so it’ll be a little pre-wedding surprise gift! πŸ™‚ I’ve also covered some cute little jewelry boxes to put their Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts in. We will also be finalizing our guest list and ordering our save the dates and invites and sending out our save the dates. Hopefully, we can get my mom and his mom their dresses this month or next. I’d also like to figure out what we’ll be doing for a DJ this month. And find an officiant. I’m sure plenty of other little things will pop up too.

Post # 19
263 posts
Helper bee

@actime:  Thanks for the encouragement πŸ™‚ Sometimes I feel like there is so much to do I forget how much I have done.

Yes, I’m wearing white to the rehearsal dinner. I hadn’t planned to, but found the perfect one (on sale) and it was meant to be. My fiance picked out the blue shoes I’m wearing that night as well. Hoping they won’t be too tall for my wedding dress and they can pull double duty.

I don’t own enough white to wear it two days before and after the main event, but that’s a neat rule Laughing

Post # 21
183 posts
Blushing bee

@actime:  Most tuxedo rental places also rent suits. I work part-time at a bridal shop and we use Jim’s Formal Wear for tuxes and they have a whole section dedicated to suit rentals. πŸ™‚ Good luck!

Post # 23
183 posts
Blushing bee

@actime:  OH! Payless had ADORABLE white canvas wedges right now!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 24
162 posts
Blushing bee

DONE: Like nothing

TO DO: Like EVERYTHING!

LOL…. This is how I am feeling today….

Post # 25
1443 posts
Bumble bee

@liz.couture:  Its okay. We all feel that way someimes. You’ve just got to take it one step at a time. Every now and then I get overwhelmed and vent to my Fiance, “We have so much to do and I just can’t do it all!” And he’ll mae me list what we have to get done, prioritize that list, and make me focus on the most important things now and worry about the little details more when we get closer. And then I can delegate small tasks to him or he can contact his family to help with some of the tasks. He’s pretty good about knocking some sense into me when I get overwhelmed.

Post # 26
62 posts
Worker bee

How are things going with you so far? Some days I feel like I’m ahead of the game and the next day I feel like I’m not making any progress!  Today I’m feeling behind!  πŸ™

How is Fiance, family and friends feeling about the everything so far? My family is being very supportive but I haven’t spoken to my future in law’s since January (which keeps my life stress free!).  Friends are being pretty supportive it’s just too far away to start having them do a whole lot which they are anxiously awaiting!

What did you accomplish last month?

Wedding dress and veil ordered, my shoes are bought, picked out Fiance and groomsmens tuxes,  all BM’s dress ordered but one.  Hopefully the last one will go next week. Picked out menu with caterer and paid off half of our bill with them (phew!).  Ordered my grandmother’s dress for the big day.  Our Photographer, Florist, Baker, Caterer, Officiant, Church, Reception venue and DJ have been booked since January so that’s done.  Designed our invitations now just to order.  Made bride and BM’s hangers.  Scheduled Bridal Portraits and hair and makeup for that and the wedding day.

What are you trying to accomplish this month? 

I am sending out my Save The Dates this morning since they FINALLY came in yesterday!  I was so excited to see that package on my door yesterday!

Buying the supplies to DIY our moss letters for the church doors.  Pick out the rest of my BM’s gifts (I already have their personalized tote bags).  Book our hotel for our honeymoon, finish picking out ceremony music, find my mother’s dress, and buy the rest of our tablecloths as soon as they have the right size in stock.  Order and start on my semi – DIY invitations.

I feel like I have SOOO much left to do and won’t have enough time to finish! πŸ™

Post # 28
62 posts
Worker bee

@actime:  That’s for the encouragement!  Like I said I have good days and bad (feeling unproductive)…this week we will call bad! lol

Here are our STD’s; I attached a photo from the website so you could see a little bit clearer and a fuzzy picture of ours!  We weren’t originally going to send STD’s since most of our guests were in town.  Buuutt that was one thing my mom said we just HAD to have so I sucked it up and ordered STD’s.  Which I’m kind of excited about now πŸ™‚

Post # 29
201 posts
Helper bee

How are things going with you so far? Feeling like we are mostly on track.  There is still a lot to do and it’s a bit overwheming sometimes, but it’s all going to be okay!

How is Fiance, family and friends feeling about the everything so far? Fiance doing great – he has been hugely helpful in getting venues set up. Family…well, mom wants more Chinese & Hawaiian traditions involved which is difficult with a Charleston wedding, but we are working things out. 

What did you accomplish last month?

Signed the contract for our reception venue and sent in the deposit – check!

Ordered a really cute dressk for the rehearsal dinner.  (It was $35 – yay!)

Interviewed caterers, and we’re working on narrowing them down.

Photographer, check! – we are really blessed because we won a free wedding photography giveaway.

What are you trying to accomplish this month? 

There’s still a lot do do – we want to make sure we have the caterer reserved within the next month before they are all booked solid.  

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- Feb and March Updates and To Do’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors