(Closed) October 2012 Brides- How involved is your FI?

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
  • poll: How Involved is your FI?
    Groomzilla- more involved then you : (1 votes)
    2 %
    50/50- sharing the planning between the 2 of you : (10 votes)
    20 %
    A few responsbilities but not to much to overwhelm him : (26 votes)
    52 %
    Could care less- just tell him when and where to show up : (13 votes)
    26 %
  • Post # 3
    7339 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

Fun post!!!

I am pretty much planning the whole thing. He is involved when it comes to the suits, he is helping with the card box and centerpieces and I gave him the task of planning our honeymoon. I did give him hints of places I would want to go to lol.

I am enjoying planning every minute of it, I just ask him for his opinion on stuff and do as I want.

Post # 4
    28 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2012

To be honest, my guy is a very go with the flow hands off thinks mismatching bedroom furniture is normal kinda guy. Long story short, he’s not very detail oriented. The only opinion I could pull out of him was that my number one venue pick was in fact not too expensive and to go with it.

I’m trying to keep him in the loop and hes going to go to all the vendor meetings but he simply has no opinions so I know I’ll need to do all the questionng. I know he has a few songs on a do not play list for the dj but that’s about . I do wish he was more involved and interested so that it would feel like it’s our day not my day but I also know that this is what he’s normally like and I chose to accept it long ago haha

Post # 5
    611 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I’m doing most of it, but with input from him from on the important stuff. Together we visited all final venue choices, did conference calls for our 3 officiant choices, and met with our photographer. When it’s time, we’ll work on writing/revising our ceremony together; I wrote the first draft but I know he’ll have a lot of feedback/input on it.

Post # 6
    5075 posts
    Bee Keeper

He’s so excited!  We are making the decisions on everything (except my dress) together.  He was in charge of the DJ and photographer.

He’s an engineer – very detailed.

Post # 9
    107 posts
    Blushing bee

Driving me crazy about it! Wants to be involved because he doesn’t want to be “one of those grooms who just shows up because it’s our wedding.” Then he never gets back to me on whether he likes something or not, forgets to do DIY stuff he volunteered for, and doesn’t come up with any ideas on his own but is perfectly fine shooting down mine. YARGH! Shit or get off the pot – either be involved or don’t, lol. I just wish he’d either give me legit input, or back the eff off.

Post # 10
    5668 posts
    Bee Keeper

He makes sure he’s involved in what he cares about but for the most part I handle everything.

Post # 11
    1498 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

I’m doing the majority of the research but he is pretty involved once I bring up an idea. Like… Once I told him about how I envisioned the reception decor, he got right on keeping an eye pug for the right candles and such. He’s the only one who has made any wedding purchases do far.

Post # 13
    2254 posts
    Buzzing bee

My Fiance tries to be involved, but I don’t think he quite grasps the how much detail goes into planning a wedding. So I find it’s easier to narrow down the choices before I ask him to pick between choice A or choice B. That’s ok with me though. As long as he can keep the Future Mother-In-Law out of my hair, I say he is doing his part. =)

Post # 14
    915 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

My Fiance loves to talk about it and gets super excited. He has his own ideas and things and definetly wants to be involved. I don’t really give him anything to do on his own besides google things because I am a control freak and I we have a wedding planner who does a lot. Everyday he comes home from work and asks if there is anything new with the wedding or is there anything I want to show him. I guess he doesn’t really have any responsibility with the planning but I have been very happy with his involvement and so far it’s been really fun to do together. 

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- How involved is your FI?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors