(Closed) October 2012 Brides- How many guest you inviting and …

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
  • poll: How many guest are you invited and how many are you hoping come?
    Invited 50-75 and hoping less will shows up : (14 votes)
    15 %
    Invited 75-100 and hoping less will show up : (13 votes)
    14 %
    Invited 100-150 and hoping less will show up : (22 votes)
    23 %
    Invited 150-200 and hoping less will show up : (22 votes)
    23 %
    Invited 200-300 and hoping less will show up : (10 votes)
    10 %
    Invited over 300 and hoping less will show up : (4 votes)
    4 %
    Invited close to 100 and I know they ALL will show up : (1 votes)
    1 %
    Invited over 100 and I know they ALL will show up : (3 votes)
    3 %
    Invited over 150 and I know they ALL will show up : (3 votes)
    3 %
  • Post # 3
    117 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

So how are the numbers looking? We finalized the guest list in about October. It was already much larger than we had hoped, so we’ve been unwilling to add anyone else along the way.

How many guests are you inviting to your wedding? We’re inviting 293 plus a couple infants who I’m not counting. 220 of those are out-of-towners.

How many do you really expect to show up? Right now I’m estimating 190 to show. that’s 56 of 73 local invitees and 117 out-of-town invitees. I’m hoping this number doesn’t grow to us having to host and feed more than 200 people.

Post # 4
    183 posts
    Blushing bee

So how are the numbers looking? Things are looking pretty good. We kind of have a guest list/seating chart set up to rearrange and “cut & paste” if you will, before we send out our invites. 

How many guests are you inviting to your wedding? Our list right now is between 140-145 and we need a minimum of 125 for our venue, so we’re expecting a bunch of people to not be able to make it or whatever. 

How many do you really expect to show up? My fiance has it in his head that we need to keep our invites to no more than 130 because he doesn’t want more than the minimum there, he doesn’t really get that we kind of need to invite more because some people won’t show up. lol So, hopefully we’ll have about 125-130 actually show up. lol

Post # 5
    443 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

So how are the numbers looking? Bigger than we expected, but manageable.

How many guests are you inviting to your wedding? We’re inviting 183.

How many do you really expect to show up? We had initally thought the wedding would be between 140-150. It’s on Martha’s Vineyard, which is a hike for some family members, and a bit of a pain to get to even for east coasters–but totally worth it. Turns out a lot of people agree with us. As of now we’re at 166 (when we sent the Save the Date cards we let people know they should book hotels by April because MV lodging fills up pretty early).

Post # 7
    276 posts
    Helper bee

-Bigger than we thought

-about 250

-Totally relying on the fact that about 45 wont make it due to distance, and about another 20 are really just courtesy invites and probably wont rsvp. We’re hoping to be just under or right around 200

Post # 10
    117 posts
    Blushing bee

@actime:  It’s really just an estimation. I’ve had enough family and friends married in the past 5 years to guess who all on my side will come. On my FI’s side, there’s a lot more guessing especially since they’re all Out of Town but several have told us they intend to come since they had about 10 months notice — so I’m hoping our estimates will add to whatever we get back in RSVPs in September!

Also, we’re giving all adults (except recently divorced/widowed) a guest and I’m banking on many of the single people not bringing a guest.

Post # 11
    38 posts
    Newbee

So how are the numbers looking? About the amount we planned for 150

How many guests are you inviting to your wedding? We’re inviting 160

How many do you really expect to show up? We expect between 140-150 to show up. I have events frequently and all my guest always show up, however Dear Fiance his guest are very wishy washy and sometimes say they will come and do not show up (ugghh) So, I’m adding a few people because he has about 10 OOT’s that probably wont show.  He even has people in town that may not show.  I want to be as close to the 150 as possible without going over. Hey, we are paying for these people and I really want everyone to show up all decked out and have a blast

Post # 12
    443 posts
    Helper bee

@actime:  Totally. That’s what we’re going by, too — it’s the only way to be sure. Thanks to all the check-ups, I feel like I now have a relationship with the managers at hotels where we have blocks!!

Post # 14
    680 posts
    Busy bee

So how are the numbers looking? I started the guest list a few months before I got engaged in August! Lol.  Our list was pretty much all set within a few months of the wedding planning.  We are paying for 120 people.

How many guests are you inviting to your wedding? We invited 140 for now knowing that not everyone can make it and hopefully bringing the list down to the ideal 120. 

How many do you really expect to show up?  Hmm.. We think we’ll get the whole 120 of the 140 invited.  We already know of a few people who can’t make it after they received the save the date.  Others we’re sure might not be able to get babysitters and not come, etc.  So hopefully it all works out!  If our RSVPS are less than 120, we’ll invite a few more who we wanted to invite, but couldn’t.

Post # 15
    1566 posts
    Bumble bee

So how are the numbers looking? Our guest list is looking like it will be aprox 120. 

How many guests are you inviting to your wedding? We will probably invite aprox 125 guests…

How many do you really expect to show up?   We are each inviting about 60 people…only a few will be Out of Town so we expect to have almost everyone show up…about 120. 

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- How many guest you inviting and …’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors