(Closed) October 2012 Brides- Jan and Feb Updates and To Do

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Another great post!

How are things going with you so far? All the big checks are done, just gotta save save save lol…. now it’s working on the little things, my DIY projects are going great!

How is Fiance feeling about the planning so far? Fiance is Fi, I kinda have to tell him what to do like a gazilion times for him to do it but deep down I know he’s getting excited.

What did you accomplish last month?

Finalized our florist – now just gotta book him

Finished my garter belt

Bought my bridal shower invites to do with my girls

Bought all the jars for my apple jelly favors

What are you trying to accomplish this month? 

Finish my toss garter

Finish strassing my shoes

Start working on ring bearer pillow

Send Save the Dates

Post # 5
1566 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Hey Girls….you guys are so on top of things!!

How are things going with you so far? Things are great!  The wedding is still so far away in my mind!  I feel like I still have so much time…I know it is going to sneak up on me! 

How is Fiance feeling about the planning so far? Fiance just wants me to have the wedding of my dreams…so he pretty much lets me do what I want and asks how things are going now and then. He knows he is in charge of the music, tuxes, ect. 

Lost 5lbs!

Placed an order for chair cover rental

Just had my 1st appt with my florist and booked her on the spot…shes awesome!

Made our Honeyfund website.

Bought flowergirl basket….bought fabric and supplies to start making her dress. 

Booked DJ, Photographer and baker.

Tried to ‘tweak’ my centerpieces….still not totally in love with them.

Changed my colors from blue/silver….to plum/gunmetal gray.

Went to a few bridal shops with my sister searching for the perfect bridesmaid dress….still looking!

Lose more weight!

Find the perfect bridesmaid dress and get them ordered.

Want to find a rhinestone broach for my bouquet wrap.

95% done strassing my shoes…need to finish the last 5%

Decide on Tuxes…get my Fiance in to try some on!

My venue is having a wedding on 2/25 which I will go to early to see how they set it up!!! I am soo excited about this since the price was a steal…but I have not seen any pics of weddings there. 

Start my DIY….flowergirl dress…garters….finalize my centerpieces.

Post # 6
6 posts
Newbee

Wow! Everyone is so ahead!

How are things going with you so far?

Great now that I finally have a planner, she is helping with my budget and timelines and centerpieces, I am so grateful to have help, I was getting stressed trying to do it all on my own

How is Fiance feeling about the planning so far?

So far so good, he just picks from the list of options i give him 😉

Geez with holidays and such, not much, finalized colors and Found an AMAZING wedding planner!

Find A dress

Shop for bridesmaids dresses

So Much to do still!!! And I thought I was doing well.

Post # 8
1566 posts
Bumble bee

@actime:  Just wondering…did you pay for the upgrade on your Honeyfund site…or did you just go with the free version.  I am torn….the upgraded version looks so much better!

Post # 9
1566 posts
Bumble bee

@debrinaw:  Yay for finding a planner!! I wish I could afford one!

Post # 10
63 posts
Worker bee

You guys are on top of everything. Let’s see:

How are things going so far?

So far so good. I haven’t gone crazy, yet! I figured if I attack one project at a time I’ll be ok.

How is Fiance feeling about planning so far?

He still doesn’t care! 🙂 he just keep saying “Baby whatever you want!” I did assign him to the task of picking out some songs for the DJ to play durning the reception.

What did you accomplished last month?

I found a DJ, confirmed the florist and decided on my invitation design. I also finished DIY’ing my card box since I didn’t want to pay a arm and a leg for one on Esty. Also I finished painting my table numbers and initials for cake table. I also found my shoes. They where originally $300 and I only paid $80 (score! I felt like I robbed the store). The best part about my shoes are that they are dyeables and I can change them to match my color skeme. Orange!

The most important thing i need to do is find an officiant. Other wise this wedding is just one big party with no purpose!I would like to start putting together my invitations. Also I need to find shoes for my bridesmaid and their jewelry. I think I’m going to make them if I can’t find anything. I think that’s enough for this month! There’s still so much to do!

Post # 13
1445 posts
Bumble bee

How are things going with you so far? Going pretty good. A little stressed because my small area just had a bridal show and apparently a bunch of other October brides just popped up, so they are now all out on the hunt for vendors, so for the first time I feel like I’m having to compete with other brides to get the vendors I want. Thankfully I had pretty much everything already booked before the faire.

How is Fiance feeling about the planning so far? He’s doing pretty good. He seems to be picking up the pace a bit more now that we’re starting to get more focused on the details. What songs to be played when our parents and grandparents are seated, what kind of invitations do we want, etc.

Booked our florist

Met with a potential caterer

Booked our dj

Tried on my actual dress and got started on minor alterations. (mostly just taking up the straps and shifting the back clasp.)

Booking our caterer (This needs to be done immediately. We just met with our second, and hopefully last caterer and should be getting a propsal this weekend and then we’ll decide.)

Getting our rentals taken care of

Perhaps start on the invitations.

Just went with my sister yesterday and ordered her bridesmaids dress. My Maid/Matron of Honor should be coming into town this month to order hers.

Do our engagement pictures on the 26th.

Finish this 24 day Advocare Challenge to get more in shape. So far so good! 3 lbs lost in 4 days. I’m looking forward to less dietary restrictions after the 13th. (Woot!)

Then decide on what details I should be looking at.

Perhaps start looking at dresses for mom. Have a girl’s day out and try on some stuff. (Ok’ed dad’s stuff on Monday.)

Post # 16
9483 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I bought my dress.  It’s coming Friday.  =)

I booked my cruise.  I handed in my PTO days to my director so she’s aware I’m taking off for two weeks well in advance.

Not much else for me to do since it’s a courthouse and nice dinner deal.

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- Jan and Feb Updates and To Do’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors