(Closed) October 2012 Brides- Jan and Feb Updates and To Do

posted 9 years ago in October 2012
Post # 32
508 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

How are things going with you so far? So far so good, can’t complain. I feel ahead of the planning game so I should be able to relax soon enough. <- Couldn’t agree more! πŸ™‚

How is Fiance feeling about the planning so far? Fiance has been great with everything and has helped with all the little DIY projects so far.

What did you accomplish last month?

Hit up the “big” bridal show in the city we’re getting married for all things DJ & transportation info related.

Started mocking up all the paper; invites, rsvp, signage, etc…

Hit up numerous book sales to collect books for decor

Spent a few hours assembling some of the decor and boxing for the big day

Gathered up enough frames from family and friends to paint for their use in the decor

Finished wedding website

Figured out a family member had everything we needed for the favor table! Bonus!

Met with our photographers and they are awesome! They love our ideas for the day and were relieved at some of our “absolutely nots” they think we’re such a “breath of fresh air from the norm” πŸ™‚

What are you trying to accomplish this month? 

We’ve been picking one thing every week or so to focus on and it’s been going so well, so we’ll continue to do that! 

Main goal is to finally book a DJ but for some reason we just keep putting it off!

Post # 34
162 posts
Blushing bee

Oh my! You girls are all SO ahead!!! I finalized my dress choice this weekend! This month I have so much to do:

find bridesmaids dresses

book caterer

book florist

choose invitations

etc. etc. etc.

good thing my wedding is near the end of October…. (21st)

Post # 35
20 posts
Newbee

How are things going with you so far? I’m getting a little burned out, to be honest!  That may be because we knocked out a TON of wedding stuff last month so hopefully this will pass.

How is Fiance feeling about the planning so far?  He has been fantastic, way more involved than I ever thought he would be. 

We booked our cake, DJ and officant.  I’ve had my dress and the venue since December.  We also starting looking at invitations & suits for Fiance and crew. 

Hoping my Fiance will finally go to a Tux shop and try on Tux’s  <–  This!!

Buy and finalize weding accessories (shoes, jewerly,etc)  <–  This too!

Nail down our invitations.

Try to find tablecloths on Craigslist or Ebay.

Look for MUA and hair stylist.

Start wiring all of my brooches for my brooch bouquet (hands down, the detail on my wedding that I am MOST excited about!!)

Happy Planning Everyone!

Post # 36
482 posts
Helper bee

How are things going with you so far?

They are going! Most things are booked…date, church, venue, caterer, ceremony music, band, hotel and room blocks, florist, photographer, videographer, etc… 

How is Fiance feeling about the planning so far?

He is doing as I expected…helping me out with little things here and there. He coded our entire website while I did the graphics and wording and finishing touches. I asked him to help me affix some things to the save the dates last week and after some whining he did help me a bit. Oh, and I had him cut ribbon πŸ˜€ I also asked him to stop by Staples and pick up some photo paper and a new printer since ours was on the brink, and he did that without complaint. Otherwise he keeps asking, “Is this the last thing we have to do before the wedding?” and I laugh and say “we??” My mom and I have been doing 99% of the work! 

How much did you accomplish last month?

Bridesmaid dresses were chosen. I started working on save the dates. Wedding website was finished. I think that was mainly it, everyone was tired after the holidays. 

The mothers have chosen and ordered their dresses, rehearsal dinner location has been chosen and reserved. Save the dates went out! I am finalizing my jewelry choices for my look. My dress came in and I tried it on for the first time (needs some work!). I had a more successful makeup trial than the first go-around. Transportation (limousines and shuttles) have been booked. We are speaking with day-of and month-of coordinators right now. I would like to begin e-mailing bakeries to find the right fit to make our cake. I am doing some research on invitations and finding the right company to design and print them. I will probably start designing the bridal shower invitations soon since I will also be printing those myself. I also want to e-mail some calligraphers and think about a rehearsal dinner invitation design before the month’s end. I have to start the second shoe in my strassing project. Honeymoon thoughts are brewing! Oh, and I started my diet/fitness regimine πŸ™‚

Post # 37
494 posts
Helper bee

Really great.  We’ve been planning for a long time, so a lot has already been booked and bought.

He isn’t that involved and he doesn’t mind at all (and neither do I!).  He is excited about all the food and cake tastings we will have closer to the date. We both did pick out our venue and I made sure our colors were not anything too girly (our colors are charcoal grey and white).

We had pretty much everything booked before we ever got engaged and announced our wedding, so the only thing left are the flowers and the cake.  Last month we did send out our save the date’s and we shared our wedding website with all of our guests as well.  I also have half of our wedding invitations done, as I’m making them all by hand. I got my garter belt and I found my wedding shoes too, and now I’m looking for the perfect shoe clips.

This month we started scouting dresses, both for myself and for the bridal party, so I hope to make the final decision in March, then I’ll finally be able to get my veil too, which is the last part of my whole ensemble.  I’m also in the process of finalizing and choosing our florist.  I was going to book the cake too, but since we are getting our cake at Albertson’s, they told us to just come back about 6 weeks before the wedding to have a tasting and order it then.  A big thing we both have accomplished this month is getting back into the gym, which has been a struggle for the last couple of years.  That has helped a lot with having more energy to get wedding stuff done!

Post # 38
1284 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@actime:  hey! Ironicall enough… we are NOT writing our own vows. We are going to use the traditional vows. We are, however, choosing the wording for the rest of the ceremony (to be spoken by our officient). We are having a secular wedding so are not confined by essentially anything. Our officient has provided us with a ton of examples and we are picking and choosing the parts that we like!

Post # 39
15 posts
Newbee

Pretty well. Have been having emotional support issues with my mother but kind of worked it out. The toughest part has been tryhing to reconcile my previous dream wedding with what we’re willing to afford. (I say willing to afford because, feasibly, we could do it. But neither of us wants to go into marriage in debt). It’s been fun trying to figure out how to save money by making things or cutting things (DJ, bartender, garter, tux, etc.) Since it will be a backyard wedding, we have more freedom and more of a chance to make it our own.

Well, here’s the thing about Fiance, we’ve been together for 7+ years so he’s heard it ALL for a long time. So, he knows I know exactly what he wants for the wedding and doesn’t feel the need to give me new opinions! The main thing involving him, though, is that he requested that we have a private ceremony while on vacation this summer. So it’s really just our reception that’s on October 13th (which is good because to have our real date be 10-13-2012 would drive me NUTS because I hate odd numbers…)

Lost 15 pounds (before trying on dress, still need to lose 10ish)

Bought, received, and did not fit in to dress.

Vowed to lose weight for said dress.

Paid deposit for BBQ (mmm…)

Designed and ordered sample of Save the Dates

Received sample of STD, tested DIY scratch-off–it worked!

Bought about 125 lace and crocheted doilies.

Laid all doilies out in front room and basked in my ability to find things.

Moved the doilies so that Kitty wouldn’t barf on them…

Tried to make tissue paper pom-poms. Looks like it will work out!

Tested out tea-stained paper doilies for CARDS sign for suitcase.

Bought trays, vases, frames, etc. at thrift stores.

Again basked in ability to be a huntress.

Bought materials to DIY chalkboard paint.

Bought 100+ mismatched plates

Lose more weight

Nail down which desserts to have on dessert table, compile recipes, materials, etc

Think about DIY photobooth logistics

Get engagement pictures done (doing first part next Friday!!)

Find shoes

Find MORE doilies, trays, vases, plates etc.

Find 300 forks and dip the ends in paint

Make chalkboards

Plan private ceremony vacation

Buy suit for the man

Find furniture for bar, head table

Find wedding bands!

Whew! That seems like a lot!

Post # 42
183 posts
Blushing bee

UPDATE!! In February we have booked our photographer and our florist. All my girls have ordered their dresses. My mom has found a couple of dresses that she really likes. We went to our wedding tasting this past Sunday at our venue and the food was AMAAAAAAAAAAZING!!! We’ve decided on our wedding food. And my fiance’s parents are going to start looking into booking the restaurant for our rehearsal dinner. Also, my fiance has lost nearly 20 pounds and looks AWESOME and I’ve lost about 3.5 or so. We have also designed our Save-the-Dates and are just a proof-read away from ordering our invites! πŸ™‚

Post # 43
148 posts
Blushing bee

Getting in just under the wire for February — thanks Leap Year!

How are things going with you so far? Ummmm…fine? I feel like the last couple of months were wedding downtime. There was a rush when we hit 1 year out and could start booking major vendors. Then the holidays were slow. Now, with 7 months, things need to start getting done again!

How is Fiance feeling about the planning so far? Honestly, he’s not as helpful about this as he is in the rest our our life. We’ve had more than one “come to Jesus” meeting. Apparently I need to work on my Wedding Gospel delivery. πŸ™‚

What did you accomplish in Jan/Feb?

Made contact with the seamstress for  eventual alterations

Booked all three of our honeymoon hotels/lodges

Booked flights

Makeup trial and booking

Booked hair (Confession — I’m just going in for my regular cut and style the day before. I always get two days out of a pro styling, so I’m basically going to wake up, throw in a facinator or something, and call it wedding hair)

Signed up for boot camp starting in March!

Bought succulents for possible DIY bouquet

What are you trying to accomplish in March?

Survive boot camp! And sign up for another month of it! (So that I need alterations and not a whole new dress — thanks a lot, lack of willpower)

Maybe decide on shoes (I sense a ‘Bee Poll in my future)

Visit rental showroom for ceremony seating

Figure out for real if we’re going to get a trolley

Figure out how we’re going to do premarital counseling

Pick an officiant

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- Jan and Feb Updates and To Do’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors