(Closed) October 2012 Brides-July Updates and August To Do's

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
431 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

How are things going with you so far, how are you feeling? I’m feeling like I have NO TIME. I have two weddings next month, a graduation party this month, I’m having 2 bridal showers, SO and are going to a 3-day horror convention at the end of September…..I feel like I’m going to have no time for myself whatsoever and it’s kind of freaking me out a bit. Although, since I have bought my dress (back in November) I’ve lost 25 lbs! I can’t wait to try it on for my fitting next month! 

How is Fiance, family and friends? Everything seems to be going smoothly. He finally designed all of the invites, and is printing them out tomorrow along with the RSVP’s. Envelopes came yesterday so we’ll be stuffing those soon and they’re be going out by the end of this month.

Scale between 1-10 (1 for behind and 10 for done) how far do you feel in the planning process and why? 4 but in reality probably closer to a 7 or 8. We have pretty much all of the major stuff done, now it’s piddly crap.

What did you accomplish last month?

Booked the DJ, Picked flowers, invites were designed.

What are you trying to accomplish this month? 

Cake, tasting is on the 11th. FH needs to buy his suit and get the other guys ordered. Get the remaining supplies for our centerpieces and find my girls another gift (I’m thinking of a clutch).

Post # 4
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

How are things going with you so far, how are you feeling? So far things are okay.  I did get upset last night because I started thinking about little things like stupid place cards and how I was gonna make them.  I never wanted to do a seating chart but the lady at the venue seems to think it will make things easier on guests and I agree after going to a wedding and not being able to find a seat.  I just don’t wanna do it and I’m emotional because groomy is out of the country on business.  I miss him.  I want him and our macbook air home now.  lol!  FaceTime has been a life saver though.  

How is Fiance, family and friends? FI is doing well and he’s still calm as a cucumber.  That’s his style, lol.  When he gets back from the business trip we will have less than two months to go.  We still need to get some big things done but he’s not worried.  He actually told me to take a few days off and just veg.  Family is EXCITED and so are our friends — invites went out and three friends said they got them.  Now I’m excited because RSVPs should start coming in.

Scale between 1-10 (1 for behind and 10 for done) how far do you feel in the planning process and why? I’d say we’re about a 7 or 8 still.  Maybe a 7.5 because we still need a cake but I think we found it, still need rings, tux rentals, alterations, etc.  I don’t even wanna do the list, lol.  Still recovering from my anxiety attack last night x_x

I made a post about it!  http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/mid-july-update

Cake, Tuxes, Rings, ceremony music, wedding party gifts (my side is done, lol YAY ME)

Post # 6
5075 posts
Bee Keeper

I’m just ready for it to be over. Wink

Last month we finished up the music, made the table numbers, booked a new officiant.

this month we need to get the invites out – Fiance and his guys are going suit shopping.  Final pmt to photog is due.  Another venue pmt is due.   Going for my first fitting at the end of August. ..  

Post # 7
114 posts
Blushing bee

Just reading this gave me a heart attack!! I am nowhere near doing any of these things 🙁 *off to sulk*

Post # 8
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

@actime:  Yeah, I don’t want that to happen.  I was thinking we’d do place cards and a seating chart to avoid it.  I don’t want anyone to be confused about where to sit so I’ll suck it up and do it.  Groomy and his mama plan to help me with it.  But it’s something that can’t be done until after RSVPs are in.  So I guess we shall see.

RSVP count will also help determine the # of tables we need I guess.  We’re thinking we’ll need 8 but we may need up to 10.  We shall see!

@dancindiva:  *hugs* you will be okay!! 

Post # 9
871 posts
Busy bee

How are things going with you so far, how are you feeling? Overwhelmed, stressed and Like I want the world to stop and go back 3 weeks. I just want everything to be over and done!

How is Fiance, family and friends? My mother found out last week she has Breast Cancer. Yesterday she had a lumpectomy and spent hours in hospital waiting for her surgery which wasn’t until late afternoon. She will have radiation for the next 8-10 weeks and hopfully won’t have to go back into have more lymph node taken.

Scale between 1-10 (1 for behind and 10 for done) how far do you feel in the planning process and why? Probably about a 7. I still need to do decor and a few DIYs, ordering cake too.

– Honeymoon piad for in full.

– organised suit hire for boys and groom

-got wedding bands

– started adding to the gift registry (ONLY HAVE A FEW ITEMS ON IT)

– helped sis decide what I want to do after Bridal shower with the girls, Japanese and karaoke.

– finalised flowers (just need to pay for)

– Proofed invite mock up. signed off.

– Wedding Hangers came

– Dress is altered

– Bridesmaid dresses ordered

– pay for flowers (deposit done as of early this week)

– order cake

– make menus

– make direction cards

– assemble cake boxes

– compile extras to go in invites

– make photo cards (website all set up & paid for – snapthewedding.com)

– organise travel insurance

– contact venue again

– insure wedding bands

– make candles for centerpieces

– Make chalkboard sign for outside venue

– write up my work for when I am away next Term.

– enjoy my Hen’s / Bachelorette/Shower on 1st Sept.

– Follow up musicians.

– See wether Lauren can sing at ceremony or find a plan B. Plan C is use and iPOD.

– Chase RSVP’s

-Finalise registry.

– Work out the wedding day running sheet

– book hotel for night after wedding

– Get my cousin’s wife down to go through the photos.

– WIN LOTTO!

– find out who wants to be MC.

I’m sure there is more too. I need to focus and get a move on!

Post # 11
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

2 months already!!! Can’t believe!

How are things going with you so far, how are you feeling? Overwhelmed and anxious and just want the wedding to come already! :p

How is Fiance, family and friends? Fiance is good, although he could be a bit more helpful and more understanding of what I have to do. But on the other hand, he has been there when I’m feeling hmmm… crappy and stressed.

Scale between 1-10 (1 for behind and 10 for done) how far do you feel in the planning process and why? I feel like we’re at a 8 right now. Pretty much everything BIG is done, it’s just a matter of saving for payments. There’s still little things to do but thats something I do at night, I have my DIY stuff to do and that I love doing it.

Finished my hangers and the girls hangers

Finished my hand painted glasses for my girls and I

Finished tote bags for the girls

Finished all our Apple Jelly Jars

Printed out my little picture pins for my bouquet in memory of grandparents, my daughter, and FI’s grandma

Finished the gifts bags for girls for bridal shower

Invites for bridal shower were done and mailed out

Finished my “bride” robe (I finished it in June but didn’t do the last to do post)

Ordered the girls dresses

Got the guys measure for their suits

Did more envelopes for my guestbook

Did a payment with our photog

Started working on wedding invites

Finish my guestbook

Bring all my accessories to the florist (waiting on my little bees to come so I can do that) and make another payment

Finish my invites and mail them out in the next couple of weeks

Prepare favors for the bridal shower (french macarons yummy)

Have my bridal shower on the 19th YAY!

Go for a dress fitting near the end of the month.

Decorate all our Jelly Jars

Make the guestbook sign and the favors sign

Re-dye my second crinoline

Start working out again – I got the Brazilian Butt lift and I’m dyring to try it out lol

Do our Thank You signs to use the day of for pictures.

Start working on our topper

That sounds like alot left to do but I’m so excited to do it all that it doesn’t sound like THAT much to me hehehe

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides-July Updates and August To Do's’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors