(Closed) October 2012 Brides- May and June Updates and To Do’s

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
3078 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Great thread!  Sounds like things are coming along pretty smoothly for you =)

How are things going with you so far, how are you feeling? Things are going ok, I’m starting to stress a little.  Our caterer isn’t doing a great job with getting back to us, same with some of the bands..  I guess it’s good to know if the music falls through one of our great friends is a dj and is more than happy to play music for free.

How is Fiance, family and friends? Fiance is laid back.. almost too laid back.  I really have to stay on him about contacting the people he needs to.  Family is actually fine, which is surprising to me.  Friends are overwhelmingly helpful!

What did you accomplish last month?

I spent the majority of last month planning my shower (whoops!).  It’s this Sunday! 

I did finally order my bra and slip and all of my BM’s dresses came in!

What are you trying to accomplish this month? 

Work on invites

Schedule engagement pictures

Consultation for dress alterations

Finalize caterer

Finalize music

Finalize Decorations

Fiance has access to a giant machine that will etch anything and everything so we’re going to figure out what we want to use that for

Post # 4
431 posts
Helper bee

How are things going with you so far, how are you feeling? I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed, mostly because FH hasn’t done anything but he’s finally starting to come around and realizing he needs to buck up and get going on the invites. He’s such a procrastinator. 

How is Fiance, family and friends? Everything in this department has been great. Very supportive and helpful. 

What did you accomplish last month? Purchased items for our centerpieces, finalized our rental contract for the reception. 

What are you trying to accomplish this month? Send out our STD’s (only sending to Out of Town guests), going to look for a veil and possibly shoes this weekend, have to get my sister in to order her dress (she couldn’t order with the order gals because she was pregnant), need linens and FH is going to start working on the invites. 

It’s coming up so fast!

Post # 5
1237 posts
Bumble bee

WOOP WOOP!

How are things going with you so far, how are you feeling? 

Everything is fab but I’m starting to feel a little stressed because holy crap when did we get down to the four month mark??

How is Fiance, family and friends? F

Everyone seems great! Future Mother-In-Law is making sure to check and make sure I’m not close to a nervous break down yet hahaha

Finished centerpieces for 8 tables

Ordered burlap to make table runners

Ordered some bridal party gifts

Starting on twine covered “M”s to place on the double door (1 out of 2 finished)

Designed main part of invitation

Design other parts of invitatation (Reception card, Directions card, More Info card, and RSVP)

Finish other “M”

Start on table numbers

Print and assemble invites

Touch base with any vendors that require meetings

Design rehearsal dinner invite

Finalize DIY project list 

Schedule dress fitting (dress should be here this month!!!)

Order cake topper (have already contacted etsy seller)

Post # 7
595 posts
Busy bee

How are things going with you so far, how are you feeling? I am a little stressed with getting everything planned and done. 

How is Fiance, family and friends? FI is very understanding with everything even when I said that I wanted to try on a different dress and ended up buying it.  Family is family.  My parents are hot and cold depending on the day.  FI’s family is great. 

started contacting Hair and MU people.

Contacted the Cheesecake Factory near where we are getting married to find out their policies for ordering cheesecake for the wedding.

Booked the venue.

Bought a new dress.

Order my bouquet, hair flower and FI’s bout.

Started invites.

Booked the Honeymoon!!

Book officiant and hair and MU.

Finish Invites and get them ready to be sent out.

Get everything scheduled for the tasting at the end of this month.

Lose more weight for the dress.

Book rental car.

Post # 8
595 posts
Busy bee

@actime:  What is a “second mid way reception dress”?

Post # 9
1237 posts
Bumble bee

@actime:  Yeah I’ll definitely post it when I get home tonight!

Post # 10
9483 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I’m less stressed.  Everything is going smoothly.  Now all I await is our wedding date with a few things to accomplish.  I’m sure I’ll start stressing again real soon.

How are Fiance, family and friends? 

Fiance is really excited about getting married.  I think he’s ready for it be over too so we can get our life back on track and not have to worry about it at all.  FILs have been wonderful as well. We were offering to help pay back the wedding, but they insist it’s entirely on them.

Officiant and photographer are in ordered.  Our caterer is booked with the menu picked.  The catering service will include servers, tables, linens, serveware, and a tent.  It won’t cost us a penny more.  =)

Getting addresses so I can work on invitations.  I’d like to get a hair trial in order as well.  Figure out decorations for the tent and centerpieces for the table.  I have the votives for part of the centerpiece.  Just not sure what else to go with.

Post # 11
1038 posts
Bumble bee

How are things going with you so far, how are you feeling? Things going well.  Been trying to get extra shifts at my second nursing job for the wedding and I’m getting them,  but not as many as I like.  I’ve got a good bit saved up, just trying to figure out best way to spend what I have now towards wedding stuff(ex: what to go ahead and pay off now or purchase).  Sometimes I feel kinda stressed cause seems not that far away and I’m not at my budget or fitness goals.  But also very excited at same time cause not that far away, lol.

How is Fiance, family and friends? Fiance is supportive as always and even though he isn’t as into wedding planning as I am(what guy is really), I know if I need any help he is right there to turn to.  Our families are great, although all the planning makes me miss my parents (they live 1400 miles away).  I’m able to share more about planning with his family(they live in AZ 30 minutes away from us) and sometimes I feel bad about that in a way, like my parents are missing out.  My friends aren’t as involved with planning right now, but I have many that have volunteered to help out once we get to Florida for the wedding(which is when I will really need it). 

We got our tungsten wedding bands (JVL free ones) in that we will wear as our “cheapo” wedding bands when we don’t want to wear nicer ones(ex: honeymoon, camping, when I work at hospital if I wish)

Paid deposit on cake

Got more addresses for invitations

Got a couple of extra shifts at work

Seeing results with working with personal trainer and diet

What do you hope to accomplish this month

Post # 12
1038 posts
Bumble bee

Grrr….some reason cut off last bit of my post and wouldn’t let me edit so here is rest…

What I hope to accomplish this month

Post # 13
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’ve been slacking lately and need to get on the ball. School is taking up more time than I’d like for it to and I keep reminding myself that I want to get things wrapped up before the fall semester starts in August. Easier said than done. I’ve been lacking motivation and am having a difficult time to focus on anything wedding related. I’m kind of over the whole thing. I know I’m going to be stressed out by the end of summer.

How are Fiance, family and friends? 

My Fiance is amazing! He’s checked off more things than I have these last two or three months. Family and friends are excited. ๐Ÿ™‚ All is well.

Nothing! Ha!! I was suppose to finish my invitations and have them, for the most part, ready to go. Nope. I actually worked on one part of them ealier today. So frustrating. I’m making them myself and cutting the pieces to glue together is going to be the death of me. How do people keep all the lines straight? Urgh!!

I just want to finish the damn invites. Have them ready to go for a July 15th mailing. I also need to decide on my veil and get that sucker ordered (my mom keeps nagging me about this). I also want to order some flowers from an online flower site, just to test out the quality/shipping, etc. (my Maid/Matron of Honor is making me do this). And I think the Fiance is going to order our wedding bands this month. I may also start on stuff for the flower girls and a flowered collar for my pup (she’s the ring-bearer). I also have a hair appointment at the end of the month and will schedule a consultation for wedding day hair and makeup.

** If I sound like I’m hating this whole thing, I’m not. I am looking forward to the wedding, but I want to keep it as simple as possible. And I thank God that my BMs and family are nagging me to do things. In the meantime, I’m so incredibly happy and am enjoying my summer. Fiance and I took yesterday off and spent the whole day at Kings Dominion. So much fun!!

Post # 14
451 posts
Helper bee

This thread is terrifying!! 

Post # 15
3772 posts
Honey bee

How are things going with you so far, how are you feeling? easy peasy.. only with a few minor details that are more difficult than they should be

How is Fiance, family and friends? FI is not thinking about the wedding but his new job… Family is getting excited about it and even thinking about altering slightly on the budget! Woot Woot. Still sticking to original budget but said if there’s something that comes up that we really really want then we can go for it!

Met with florist, figured out arrangements, and got a quote on the matter

Got in contact with the church wedding coordinator and music minister. (apparently way ahead of schedule on this!)

Have been chatting back and forth with the baker and setting things into motion

found a DJ under budget and awaiting the contract to be written up

DIY glittered my potential shoes

Got all the addresses needed for invites

Made and finished up wedding website

Address wedding invites and go to post office to verify postage and buy some

fill out contract with DJ and begin to work on what songs I want and do not want

Tell my BM’s AGAIN they should have their dresses ordered by the end of the month/mid-July without being too pestery. 

Get FOCCUS survey and other preliminary premarital counseling done

Call old landlord and ask where the heck my deposit is!!! ($750 would be nice right now!!!!)

Trying to decide if we need a videographer or not and if it’s in the budget (I stole this from the OP but I need to do it too!!!)

Get my Fiance to look at tuxes and hopefully he’ll like my idea of colors for him and the boys ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 16
3772 posts
Honey bee

@HereWeGo:  I love KD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven’t been in ages.. actually since before they opened the Intimidator and still had the hypersonic. Me and my Maid/Matron of Honor used to get season passes and spend our summer nights there! Since it’s only a 20 min drive from my rents house we would always leave late in the afternoon when everyone would leave ๐Ÿ˜€

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- May and June Updates and To Do’s’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors