(Closed) October 2012 Brides- May and June Updates and To Do’s

posted 8 years ago in October 2012
Post # 32
781 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

How are things going with you so far, how are you feeling? Pretty good, getting a little stressed knowing *tomorrow* is the four month mark for me! One setback I had this month was, I thought we could use tables from the church for the reception, but we can’t. So that will be another $350 to rent tables. Oh well 🙁

How is Fiance, family and friends? Fiance is Fiance, supportive but not too interested in actual planning. Felt a little more excitement from family this past month. But found out from someone else (not FIs mother) that she probably won’t be coming to the wedding. She’s had since February (when we picked our date) to save up even $10 or $20 a month, but it’s fine. Also FIs brother is starting drama, but what’s new. I just let it roll off my shoulders.

What did you accomplish last month?

BIG project! Printed, cut, glued, assembled, addressed HALF of our DIY wedding invitations!!!

Dress arrived & had alteration appointment!

Had engagement session (pictures turned out awesome!)

Finalized menu and paid deposit to caterer

Finalized cake and paid deposit

Ordered personalized napkins for reception

Ordered and received my garter from Etsy!

Bought baskets for programs and ‘send off’ bubbles

Picked songs for the ‘major’ aspects of reception

What are you trying to accomplish this month?

Post # 33
781 posts
Busy bee

Don’t know why it cut off the rest but……

Finish invitations!

Going this Saturday to look at & order Bridesmaids dresses

Going this Saturday to look at & size Fiance and Groomsmen for tuxedos

Hopefully doing our registry Saturday

Look at wedding bands Saturday

Think about any other decor for church and reception

Get toasting flutes, cake serving set, and cake topper

Finalize the music selections

Dress will be ready from alterations close to the end of the month, so set up appointment for fitting. And Bridal session

Post # 34
129 posts
Blushing bee

How are things going with you so far, how are you feeling?

Things seem to be coming along well.  I’m not as stressed as I thought I’d be, but I feel like everything I need to do is going to sneak up on me.  Found out our photographer is really sick aand had surgery that has a 6-12 week recovery…..already gave them about have of the total due, so I hope they will be ready in October- or replace with someone really good.  That has been the biggest stress this month, that and my brother got engaged and decided to get married in July.  

How is Fiance, family and friends?

Fiance is ok, still not getting all that needs to be done, but did finally offer to help if I gave him “tasks”  ; )  family- a little overwhelmed considering now there are 2 weddings.  My mom is stressing about all the different outfits she needs to find.  Friends are great, although none of the BMs live in the same state, so that’s tough.

-invitations ordered

-save the dates sent

-DJ booked

-applied for passport

-honeymoon booked

-florist booked

-baker booked

-rings bought (big sale-had to go ahead and get them then)

-groom picked his suit

-started buying random things for ceremony decorations

-won a bridal hanger.  : )

-ceremony/reception signs

-meet with our officiant

-make my veil (want to try a birdcage one, but having trouble finding the white netting)

-find hair/make up people

-ssecure rentals needed

-start addressing invitations when I get them (I’m trying my own calligraphy, I assume this will take a long time)

-make chalkboard drink sign for reception

-think about Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts

-make wreath for ceremony house door

-work on lace and twine for my vases

-collect things for welcome bags

Post # 36
212 posts
Helper bee

How are things going with you so far, how are you feeling? Things are going well.  The hardest thing right now for us is our pastor demands we do not live together the four months before the wedding so moving out is causing a lot of stress

How is Fiance, family and friends? Fiance is doing great…again the moving out is going to be stressful.  He contacted his family and my family and got them more involved when I was feeling like no one cared but us and I am so blessed to have such a sweet man.  People have been offering to help left and right.

-Completed centerpieces

-finished strassing my shoes

-bridesmaid dresses came in

-started researching salons

-booked hotel rooms for the night before and night of

-had Fiance pick out tuxes

Post # 37
212 posts
Helper bee

ugh why didn’t the last part post?!

Post # 38
544 posts
Busy bee

How are things going with you so far, how are you feeling? So far everything is going smoothly…although I just found out my Wedding Coordinator is going to be 35 weeks pregnant on our wedding day — found out through Twitter and haven’t discussed contingency plans with her…but, I was kind of counting on some extra hands to decorate and that probably won’t be happening now.

How is Fiance, family and friends? Everyone is supportive, but the planning is pretty much just me with fiance stepping in occasionally.  I’m the event planner in the family, so I wouldn’t have it any other way! 

Hair and Makeup is booked. Hit a Memorial Day sale on linens which helped my budget.  Sister and mom both ordered their dresses (they were the laggers). Did a venue walkthrough with our wedding planner. Purchased my centerpieces and will have everything in hand tomorrow to do a table mock-up.  Folded napkins and inserted menu and wrapped with ribbon (like to get the little things knocked out early.  Started my 1200 chocolate candy favor project (380 done!).  Invites are designed, pocketfolds and envelopes are in hand, and started planning logistics….May was a busy month!

Oh…and I booked the Honeymoon!  Hit a Tuesday afternoon friends and family deal and booked our cruise for $500 less than what I was quoted two weeks ago.  That was a biggie!

And I conned Fiance into tell me the date of my bridal shower (shhh…it’s Aug 4th)…

Music! That’s fiance’s job, and he’s slacking — the ceremony musician is bugging me for selections so he can start prepping.  More chocolate favors made.  Put invitations together and address envelopes so they’re ready to mail out in late July/early August (I think — my cousin is getting married a month before me, so I’m waiting to get her invite, and then mail mine out a month later).  More logistics.  Big thing is to keep hitting the gym and working out…my the bolero for my dress is a bit snug…and I know I’m going to need to do a fitting in July/Aug timeframe. 

Biggest thing is waiting on some vendor answers so I can wrap up purchasing decor and finalize our venue set-up.

Post # 39
129 posts
Blushing bee

@cardnasac I’m not sure what our welcome bags will look like yet.  Hoping to decide that and what to put in them this month or next.

Post # 40
396 posts
Helper bee

How are things going with you so far, how are you feeling? Things are ok, I just feel like there is a million things that I still have to do and I keep on pushing them back because honestly I just want this to be over ALREADY

How is Fiance, family and friends? Fiance is good – my family is good too, friends also – his side of the family? well the future mother in law of mine is oficially the monster in law.. she’s been putting us through hell ever since we started planning and its just getting worse – sometime she makes me want to call off the wedding, but I know i’m not marrying her, but her son

Finally ordered our invites! then we ordered our wedding favors.. sent out bridal shower invites.  Finalized florist contract.. that’s about it

Hopefully we get the wedding invites, then I will address all of them and have them ready to go.  Trying to lose 5 pounds as well.  Book my hair trial appointment, order favor bags, order ring bearer pillow and flower girl basket, book rehearsal dinner, look around for wedding jewelry, order place cards for bridal shower, order place cards for wedding and then whatever else I can think of! Cant even think right now, oh ya buy bridal shower dress, buy bachelorette party dress.  Order wedding bands, buy a garter.  WORK OUT WORK OUT WORK OUT!

Post # 42
3076 posts
Sugar bee

Yesterday was a surprisiginly productive day:

-Booked/confirmed the caterer

-Booked our dixie land band to play during dinner

-added an additional bridesmaid over the weekend, so I set up an appointment for us to look at dresses

-Booked our big band

Post # 43
5072 posts
Bee Keeper

yesterday we finished the crystal stems for the bouquets and I finished my vows.

Post # 44
9481 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I am going to get my passport for the honeymoon this week or next.  124 days!

Post # 45
482 posts
Helper bee

How are things going with you so far, how are you feeling? things are going okay, but stressing a bit. 

How is Fiance, family and friends? i think Fiance is tired of me asking his opinion on things…it got to the point where he said he didn’t care about most stuff! Foot in Mouth oops. trying to limit the wedding talk…it’s hard because he is my only friend here in this town and my mom is 3 hours away, so i mostly have to share stuff with her…

umm, last month i contracted our calligrapher and invitation printer (although i am designing them myself. super excited about how they’ll turn out!) purchased my clutch for the wedding, it just came today and it’s friggin GORGEOUS…so excited about how it is going to look with my dress! also made final decisions on food selections for cocktail hour and reception. 

finding clothes for the honeymoon and our video we are shooting this month to be screened at our wedding. preliminary dress alteration appointment so my seamstress can see what needs to be done. working on our registry and tweaking things. finalizing the invitation design and get them officially ordered and envelopes sent off for calligraphy. order more things for the welcome baskets for our guests staying in the hotels. Figure out parents’ gifts, ring bearer gifts, and last gift for the flower girl. finish these boxes i made for my bridesmaids, scheduling appointments for second makeup trial, a hair trial, and work on strassing my shoes!! still need to find another bridal shower dress for the second shower and a dress for our bachelor/bachelorette get-together, whenever/wherever that is!

Post # 46
5072 posts
Bee Keeper

last food tasting tonight!  Yay!  Now we’ll be able to finalize the menu

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- May and June Updates and To Do’s’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors